Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 58 - Not A Bad Day Now

Cristiano’s Pov

“Ya it’s here” I say picking up the laptop in the movie room. “Oh that’s good. I thought I’d lost it” Elma says into the phone. “You only notice it was missing now” I say. “No I thought I left it there a couple of days ago but no one was there now were they” she says. “Although I could have asked Lucy to check for me, I suppose” she continues.

“Is that everything” I ask. “Why are you so grouchy?” she says. “I’m not grouchy I was just watching TV” I say. “Alone” she asks. “With Lucy” I say. “Ah did I interrupt something” she laughs. “Good night Elma” I say hanging up. Did I interrupt something? Yes you did.

I head back to the kitchen I find Lucy singing alone to the ipod at the sink. “Nice song choice” I say into her ear. She jumps back into me. “Sorry didn’t mean to frighten you” I say. “It’s ok” she says. The music is playing and the lights outside shine into the room. “What are you doing?” she asks as I pull her away from the sink and slip my arm around her waist and the other into her hand.

“What does it look like?” I whisper tugging her even closer to me. We stand there swaying to the beat. “You can’t beat Michael Buble” she says. “Save the last dance for me” I whisper moving my hand over her back. I smile when I feel her shiver. There is no way she is cold with me holding her like this I think.

“There are diffently advantages to dancing with you” I say “Like what?” she asks and I place kisses on her neck. “Holding you like this being one of them” I say as she rest her head on my chest. I had put the song on repeat so I’m not surprised when it starts to play again although I can tell she is. I twirl her and she lets out a giggle. I think my heart skipped a beat.

“That’s my favourite sound” I say. “What is?” she looks up. “Your giggle” I say and I dip her. I move my head closer to her lips. “Hello” I hear from the hall. “Fuck” I groan and I pull Lucy up. Nice timing I think. “In the kitchen” I shout letting her go and turning of the music. “Oh Lucy I thought that was your car in the drive” Máe says. “Hello Dolores” Lucy smiles at my mother. “We have so much to catch up on” she says and looks at her me. “But that can wait. I’ll be in my room if anyone wants me” she says kissing Lucy's cheek, "Oh Cristiano did you speak to your brother today?" she asks standing by the stairs. "No" I mumble. "Speak to him soon" she says and turns to walk up the stairs. Did Hugo speak to me? No. Why is it always me that Máe gives out to. She never says anything to Hugo.

“So” she says shyly. “So” I say not knowing what else to say. “Fancy a game of pool” she says. She doesn’t want to leave. “Sounds good. Don’t expect me to let you win though. I play to win” I say. “So do I. Come on Ronaldo let me show you some of my skills” she says. I’d love to see some of your skills I think grinning at her. “My pool skills” she says blushing and runs off. When did she start blushing?

I watch her stand in the room looking at all my trophies. She stood like this the first time she was in this room. Except she had a tight red dress on that night. A dress I really wanted to take off. “Are you cold?” I ask noticing she shivered. “A little” she says. “There is one of my jumpers in the kitchen, I’ll get it for you” I say. “N wait. I’ll get it. You get the game ready” she says and moves past me.

I set the balls in place and try not to think what would have happened if my phone hadn’t rung. Her lips are so soft.

“So wanna make this more interesting” I say as she comes back into the room. How interesting?” she asks pulling the jumper over her head. “Strip pool” I grin imaging her taking off that jumper and more. “Hmm let me think” she says holding her finger to her lip. Oh that lip I think.

“No” she says. “Worth a shot” I mumble. I knew she wouldn’t agree.” I do think we could make this game a bit more fun though” she says when I hand her a cue. Really?

“I’m all ears” I say. “Ok let’s try this. If I win you have to tell me why you and your brother aren’t getting on” she say. Not a chance princess I think.

“And if you win” she says. “And if I win we continue where we left off at on the couch before the phone rang” I say looking into her blue eyes. She licks her lip. Does she want me to win?

“Do we have a deal” I ask. “Ok” she mumbles. “Ladies first” I say pointing to the pool table. “Such a gentleman” she smirks. “Sometimes” I say. One thing Máe made sure I was growing up. She breaks the balls and two land in the pockets. What the hell? “Nice shot” I say. “Lucky, I guess” she says and I watch her move around to find the white ball. “You’ve played this before. Haven’t you?” I asks as she pockets another two balls. She holds the cue and stands like she has does this before.
“Maybe” she grins and misses her next shot.

“Finally my turn” I say. “I see Ted got a new jersey” she says as I pocket a ball. “Who the hell is Ted?” I ask. “The lion. Rodrigo named him. So what’s with the jersey” she says “It’s better than Leo, I guess. I saw a toy with one on so I got it to keep Ted warm” I say. I’d rather keep you warm.

“Ted looks better with it” she says moving beside me. I look better I think. Her hip brushes against my thigh. I watch as she stretches her back and moves the cue back.
I should grab her right now and sit her on the table. I should have done that the first night she was here.

“For someone who is about to get beaten you look very happy with yourself” she says turning to look at me. “Just thinking about the last time you were in this room” I whisper into her ear. “And why would that make you smile” she says. Why wouldn’t it?

“Is your heart beating now as fast as it was that night” I ask moving closer so I could feel her heart beating.

“Hey Cris we’re still going out Sunday night right. Hey Lucy” Nuno says walking into the room. “Hi Nuno” she says and takes the cue back from me and makes the winning shot.

“Why so down?” Nuno asks after Lucy leaves the room. “I don’t like losing” I lie. “So about Sunday night” Nuno says. “Ya I guess we will go out” I say heading to the door. “Unless you get a better offer” he shouts after me.

I find Lucy in bed when I reach my bedroom. I head to the bathroom and undress before heading to the bed. “Ask away” I say laying on my back. “Ask what?” she asks turning to face me. “You won the bet” I say. “Maybe another time” she says. I sigh. “When you want to tell me about it” she says. You’ll be waiting awhile.

“You have training tomorrow right” she asks. “Yes. Why?” I ask. “Just wondering. Think I’ll work from here if that’s ok tomorrow” she says. “Of course it is” I say. “Thanks. Noite” she says turning of her lamp.

“Night” I whisper. She turns to face me resting her head on my shoulder. Snuggling up to me. I wrap my arm around her waist and hold her tightly.

I smile.

Not a bad day now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Had to write what Cristiano was thinking during the game.

Thanks ariana_aemming ,kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.