Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 62 - Maybe Another Time

Cristiano’s Pov

“I’m going to tell you mother, that you are back” she says as I watch her walk through the door. She was wearing one of my Nike shirts. What was that about? I head to the bathroom. Shit my head hurt. I look at the bruise that was forming above my eye.

“She’s on the phone. She’ll be here in a minute” Lucy says standing against the door frame in the bathroom. “Why?” I ask. “Because her son got hurt today and didn’t think to ring to tell her that he was ok” she snaps at me. “I’m fine” I say and she sighs. “Let me see” she says and sits on the counter top next to the sink. The shirt rides up to her thighs. “It looks sore” she says as her finger runs over my stiches. “It hurt earlier” I say and she relaxes. “Your mother is angry” Lucy says quietly. “Why?” I ask holding her wrist and placing a kiss on it. “Why? Because her ……..” she stops talking and looks towards the door.

“Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro have you ever heard of phoning your mother” Máe shouts as she storms into the room. “Máe” I say. “Don’t Máe me. Let me look at you” she says turning me towards her. “I’m fine Máe” I say. “You hit your head. And you were bleeding” she yells. “And you couldn’t walk off the pitch without help” Lucy says with her arms crossed. “And you couldn’t walk off the pitch without help” Máe shouts. “I told your both that I am fine” I say looking between Máe and Lucy.

“What is your name?” Máe asks. “Sorry” I say. “You head me. I want to make sure you are alright” she says. “Máe” I groan. “Humour your mother” Lucy whispers into my ear. “Fine. My name is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro. Satisfied” I say to Máe. “Don’t be smart. How many brothers do you have?” she asks. “One too many” I mumble. “Cristiano” she yells and smacks me across the arm. “Ouch” I say and looks at me sternly. “Sorry” I say.

“Come on” she says tapping her foot. “I have one older brother and two older sisters. Happy” I say my head starting to hurt more. “Cristiano you forgot someone” Máe says looking between me and Lucy. I look at her confused. “Lucy” she says. “Don’t worry. How could I forget my beautiful girlfriend, Máe” I say turning to face Lucy. I kiss her forehead and wrap my arms around her waist. Máe coughs and I take my arms of Lucy.

“I’m glad that you are ok. I would be happy if you could phone me the next time you get injured. You had us both worried” Máe says. “Both of you” I whisper grinning at Lucy who is looking down at her lap. She was worried about me.

“Noite” Máe says leaving the room. “So you were worried about me huh” I say facing Lucy. “Did the doctor look at you?” she asks ignoring my question. “He did. That’s why I was so late in getting back” I say deciding not to push her. “Dolores was a little mad” she says. “Yeah. I guess she won’t be willing to wake up in the middle of the night to check on me huh” I say. “I’m she would” she says smiling. “But” she says. “But what?” I ask holding her waist. She wraps her arms around my neck. “But I think you should let her sleep” she says. “I think you are right” I say. “Know anyone who would do it instead?” I ask kissing her nose. She giggles. That giggle.

“I guess I could do it” she says. “Mmm I don’t know. I don’t know if I could handle you grumpy in the morning because you got awoken during the night” I say. “Hey I’m not grumpy in the morning” she says moving back from me. “I’m kidding” I say pulling her closer. “Thanks though. The doctor just wants someone to check that I’m still breathing” I say laughing. “Not funny” she says sternly.

“Good news is that I have no training until Tuesday” I say pushing some of hair behind her ear. “Bad news is that I can’t use it as an excuse to get out of the dinner at Wayne’s house tomorrow night. Rio already warned me” I say. “Can’t win everything I guess” she says. “I guess” I say.

“You sure your head is ok?” Lucy asks her fingers once again tracing my stiches. “Just a little sore. But you can kiss it better if you like” I say smirking at her. “Better” she asks placing a kiss on my forehead. “A little. Maybe here” I say pointing to my cheek. She smiles before placing a soft kiss on my cheek. “Better now” she says. “I’m not sure” I say pulling her closer to me.

“What did the doctor say to do?” she asks. “Well Rio thought you might play nurse to me” I joke. “Did he now. And would that involve wearing a nurses outfit” she says grinning at me. I look down at her legs which were touching of my legs. I run my fingers down her side and down onto her bare leg. “Maybe” I say feeling myself getting harder just thinking about it.

“Maybe another time” she says kissing my mouth quickly. “Come on time for bed” she says pushing my arms away and sliding long the counter so she could jump off. “I’ll be in, in a minute” I say shaking my head. “Oh could you text Wayne and tell him I’m bringing desert” Lucy says. “Desert?” I ask. “Dolores and I baked a little today. I made a cake. Might as well take it with us” she says.

The alarm goes off and I feel Lucy stir in my arms. She hits the button on the alarm clock. “3.30. If your head wasn’t already sore I would make it sore” she groans. “Go back to sleep grumpy. I fine” I say pulling the covers back over her. “Don’t call me grumpy” she says as I put my arm around her waist again. “Much better” I say.

The following day I spent most of the time on the couch. “Where is Lucy?” Nuno asks from the kitchen. “Getting ready for dinner” I say standing up and heading towards him. “Man she must be really unhappy at you right now” Nuno says. “What do you mean?” I ask. “Well she wasn’t exactly happy about meeting your teammates. Now she is having dinner with them and their other halves” he says.

“She’s not that unhappy” I say smiling. “I guess by that smile on your face, your head is feeling better” he smirks. “Yes it is” I say. “What the hell does she mean by this?” Nuno says holding a cake in his hands. “What?” I ask. “Do not touch. I mean it NUNO” Nuno says reading the note on top of the cake cover. “I think she wants you not to eat it” I say. “Funny” he says. “I’m going to get change” I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who would Cristiano want playing nurse? Lucy or Dolores?

So Lucy and Cristiano are heading for dinner with his teammates. Find out what happens soon?

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.