Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 64 - Meeting The Wags

Cristiano’s Pov

“Lucy are you nearly ready?” I say knocking at the closet door. The bathroom and bedroom were both empty so I figured this was where she was. Nearly” I hear her say as I open the door. She’s stood dressed in her bath robe with clothes in her hands.

“Nearly” I say. If this is nearly what is ready I think. “I know, I know. Two minutes. And I’ll be ready ok” she says walking towards me. “Nuno found your note” I say. “He better not eat that cake” she says stopping at me. “Even Nuno isn’t that stupid” I say. “You wearing that” I say looking at her legs in that robe and wondering what was underneath. “I’m not sure. Do you think Rio and Wayne would mind me wearing it” she says.

I pull on a pair of jeans and a white shirt and head back out to the bedroom. My phone buzzes. “Don’t be late” Rio’s text reads. “Don’t chicken out” another reads. “Dinner will be fun” another reads. Fucking Rio. He hasn’t stopped texting me about tonight all day.

“Lucy” I shout. The sooner we go the sooner we are back. “All done” she says. “Finally. Rio has already texted me three times reminding me about tonight. He is so….” I start to say but can’t finish.

Wow. Her dress was so simple yet she looked so beautiful. “What? Is this not ok?” she asks worry appearing on her face. “No, no. You look” I say. “How do I look?” she asks.

“You look beautiful” I say moving closer to her. “Thank you” she says. “Ok let’s go” Lucy says. “In a minute” I say just looking at her. “We don’t want to be late” she says tapping me with her purse. “Could you tie this for me” she asks holding the 7 necklace that I brought for her. She wants to wear it tonight.

“Of course” I say. “Perfect” I say moving my hands across her shoulders. I move my head closer to her neck as my hands move down along her side. I kiss her neck. “Time to go” she says when my phone buzzes.

She’s really nervous I think as I drive towards Wazza’s house. She’s looking out the window into the dark night. He knee is shaking. “Hey it will be ok” I say placing my hand on her knee. She looks away from the window and smiles at me. But I could tell it was a true smile. Her eyes didn’t sparkle.

As I walk around the car to her side I can just wish dinner goes ok. Lucy never agreed to all of this. She hands me the cake even though it was her hand I was looking for when I opened her door. “One dinner” I say. “Let’s do this” she says as we walk towards the door.

Coleen is standing at the open door. Wayne standing behind her. “Hello” she says kissing Lucy on the cheek. “Nice to see you again Coleen” I say as Wayne shakes takes the cake from my hands. “Perfect timing. The others have just arrived” Coleen says taking Lucy’s hand and ushers us into through the door. “Wow. You have a lovely home” Lucy says. “Thank you” Coleen says. “Now come meet the rest of the girls. They can’t wait to meet you” Coleen says. “I still can’t believe you didn’t tell us about having a new girlfriend Cristiano” she says walking in front of Wayne and I. “Don’t look so worried. What’s the worst that could happen tonight?” Wayne jokes.

When we walk into the living room, everyone is seated. “Rio thought you wouldn’t come” Michael says. “I said we would” I say putting my arm around Lucy’s waist. “We were surprised when we heard Cristiano had been keeping you secret Lucy” Rebecca Rio’s girlfriend says. “We were keeping things to ourselves for a while” Lucy says. “Ronnie probably didn’t want to share you with us” Wayne says and everyone laughs. Including Lucy. “Right. Dinner is ready. So we should go to the dining room” Coleen says.

As we sit having dinner. The talk is mostly about the game yesterday. “Your head doesn’t look to bad tonight” Nani says. “He says it’s not sore anymore” Lucy says. “I bet you kissed it better last night” Rio smirks. “This is lovely, Coleen” I say changing the subject. “Thank you Cristiano” she says. “So how did you two meet? Michael is hopeless at remembering things” Lisa Michael’s finance asks. “We just met at a restaurant” I say. “Just at a restaurant” Nani says. “What he means is that he bumped into me and made me drop all the files I had in my arms. But he did help me pick them up” Lucy says rubbing my shoulder. “Such a gentleman Ronnie lad” Rio says.

“Wayne was telling me that you have most of your family staying with at the moment Cristiano. They must like having Lucy around” Coleen says. “They love having her around” I say telling the truth. “I’m not sure about that” Lucy says. “I could think of a certain cutie who thinks so” I say. She smiles. “Well your nephew loves my cuddles and cooking. “I’m sure Ronnie like your cuddles too” Rio says. “Rio” Rebecca says looking at her boyfriend. What the hell is wrong with Rio? “I’m sure he does” Lucy says taking a sip from her glass at looking straight at Rio.

“Did you have fun at the match yesterday Lucy? Ronnie said you went to Liverpool” Wayne asks. “I didn’t end up going” she says. “Still don’t think she’s insane” Rio says looking at me. Carefully Rio. “Rio why are you saying that” Rebecca says. “It’s ok Rebecca. Your boyfriend here thinks I’m insane since I’m a Liverpool fan and I’m dating Cris” Lucy says.

“I’m a Liverpool supporter Rio. Does that mean that I am insane?” Coleen asks Rio. “No” he mumbles. “It’s nice to have another red fan around” Coleen says to Lucy smiling. “Although dating Cristiano might not do anything to dismay the insane comment” Coleen says and everyone laughs. “Thanks Coleen” I say.

“So tell me Ronnie lad. How did you manage to forget that you had a girlfriend? Rio asks drinking his beer. “I don’t know. How did you forget a drug test?” Lucy asks. And the whole table goes dead quiet. Rio looks rightly pissed, looking at Lucy. “Guess that’s round one to Lucy” Wayne jokes and everyone laughs. Except Rio. “Surely that was a knock out” Lucy says taking another sip from her glass. I put my hand on her knee and gently tap it. Go Lucy I think.

The rest of the dinner goes really well. Everyone seems to like Lucy. “Time for desert” Coleen says standing up from the table. “I’ll help you Coleen” Lucy says. “There’s no need” she says. “I don’t mind” Lucy says gathering some of the plates and disappearing to the kitchen with Coleen.
I turn from watching them walk out to a bunch of faces looking at me.

“Go on. Tell me” I say. “She’s not like your normal type” Michael says. “Ya she’s smart for one” Rebecca says. “She’s funny. Why didn’t you tell us about her?” Nani asks. I shrug. “Oh that cake looks so good. I’m glad you found a girl who can cook Cristiano” Coleen says coming back into the room. I look for Lucy but she isn’t with her.

“Don’t worry she’s coming” Coleen whispers to me as she places a plate in front of me. “What are youse lot talking about?” Coleen asks. “Who do you think?” Wayne says gesturing to the kitchen. “She can cook, she’s pretty, smart, funny, makes Cristiano happy and shuts Rio up. I like her” Coleen says heading back into the kitchen. “She does not shut me up” Rio grumbles. Ya she does I think.

“Told you it wouldn’t be so bad” I whisper into Lucy’s ear when everyone is distracted with their cake. She leans back against my arm behind her back and smiles. I rest my arm on her shoulder.

“Did you see that thing in the paper” Coleen says. “There are a lot of papers and a lot of information in them Coleen” Michael jokes. “Very funny. I meant did anyone see that article about what guys notice first about their partners when the first see them” she says.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you think the dinner is going? What was your favourite moment? Should Cristiano be worried? Did Lucy shut Rio up enough.

Thanks for all the comments.