Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 69- Interruptions

Lucy’s Pov

After Sunday night’s dinner I really wasn’t in the mood to be the centre of attention again. But since Hugo and Elma were coming to Manchester I knew I was going to have to be number one girlfriend again. Cristiano and I haven’t really spoken much the last few days. I know Hugo coming to stay is making him anxious. For what I don’t know.

Dolores seems happy I think as I watch her help me in the kitchen. I know she wants these next few weeks to go ok and I’m going to make sure it does for her.

“I want Hugo to eat something healthy” I hear Cristiano say mimicking his mother. “Don’t even think about starting a fight with your brother” I say handing him some plates when he reaches the table. “Wouldn’t dream” he says sarcastically. “Cristiano whatever is the problem with you and Hugo either fix it or put it on ice for the next few weeks. You’ll upset your mother” I say. “Wouldn’t want to upset my mother” he says. “Isn’t that the reason that I am here” I say. Has he forgotten why we are doing this whole relationship?

“Where is the light of my baby brothers eye?” I hear someone say and by the look on Cristiano’s face I can only guess that it is Hugo.

“Hi Lucy. “Miss us” Elma says to Cris and I. “Didn’t know you weren’t here” Cris says to his “Ignore him, Of course he missed you” I say. “But he has you to distract him” Elma says. Not for much longer I think.

“Jezz Elma are you going to shift already. I haven’t met this beauty yet. Cristiano seems to be a little selfish in sharing you” the man next to Elma says taking my hand and kissing it. Ok odd.
“I can see what my brother sees in you” Hugo says. “It’s nice to finally meet you Hugo. I’ve heard so much about you” I say. “All good I’m sure” he says smiling at Cris. “Of course” Dolores says.
Before I know it I’m been ushered away from Cristiano by his brother. He was sweet pulling out my chair for me at the table. But he certainly loved being centre of attention.

“How have you kept this exquisite woman away from us little brother?” Hugo says resting his arm around mu shoulder. “I don’t know” Cristiano says and I notice a frown appear on his face. He doesn’t like his brother getting attention.

“I told you to come over here sooner” Elma says. “Well if I had known this loveliness was as good a cook as she is pretty, I would have came sooner” Hugo says and I politely giggle. Dolores is obviously loving the fact that everyone is getting on so well that I try to make an effort. Although I am getting a little tired of having to pretend I like Hugo’s jokes.

Elma, Dolores and I head to the movie room while the boys clean up. “Hugo loves you” Dolores says to me. “A bit too much for Cris” Elma whispers to me. Ya I got that feeling too. To be fair Hugo was a little touchy feely towards me. Cristiano probably didn’t like that his brother was being like that in front of their family.

“I think I’m going to get an early night” I say. “Oh stay and watch the film” Dolores says. “I think you should watch it with Hugo and the others. Have a bit of family time. Anyway I’m a little tired” I say. And she nods.

As I head back to the kitchen I can hear loud voices.

“Still don’t know why you kept her from your family. Very selfish of you to keep her to yourself” Hugo says. “Shut it Hugo” I hear Cristiano yell.

Oh crap.

“Aww why so grumpy little brother? Lucy not putting out” I hear Hugo say.

“Is she as good in bed as she is a cook little brother?” he says again. “Shut up” I hear Cristiano yell louder. There’s going to be trouble.

“Hey are you boys coming to watch the film?” I says rushing into the kitchen. I see Cristiano take a step back from Hugo. “Ya we were just heading in” Nuno says clearly wanting to get out of the situation he was in. “Well your sister would like some popcorn. I told her Hugo would take it to her. You don’t mind Hugo” I smile to Hugo. “Anything for you” he says. How about shutting the hell up I think.

“Good. I’m going upstairs” I say walking to Cris. “Wait you not going to watch the movie?” Hugo asks. “No I fancy an early night and a hot bath” I say as I wrap my arms around Cristiano’s neck. He looks at me oddly. “Fancy scrubbing my back” I say before taking his mouth. I have no idea why I just did that but the look on Hugo’s face after the kiss made me glad I did.

“Not that I didn’t enjoy that little show down stairs” Cristiano says as the door shuts behind “But what was that?” he asks. “That was me shutting up your stupid brother before you and him got into a fight” I say as I flop onto the bed.

“Seriously, I know he’s is your family but I just want to ring his neck. Like what the hell is with all the jokes. Which aren’t funny. Jezz my face is sore from all the fake smiling and laughing” I say holding my hand to my face. “And what kind of brother spends an entire night with his hands as over his brother’s girlfriend” I say.

“I can see why you are annoyed with him” I say as Cristiano lays next to me on the bed. I turn and notice a grin on his face. “What” I asks.

“You think Hugo’s an idiot” he says. “Maybe” I smile. His arms rests on my waist and he rolls me onto my side so I am facing him. “So all that laughing and smiling was fake” he asks.

“Some yes. Well your mother expects me to get on with your brother. Plus I could tell it was annoying you” I say truthfully. “Oh so you were trying to annoy me, where you” he says smirking. “You did well not reacting to him” I say. “If you hadn’t come in when you did it might have been different” he says as his hand touches my face. “What’s going on with the two of you?” I ask. “It doesn’t matter” he says. I sigh.

“What now?” he asks. “Well I don’t know about you but I’m going for a bath” I say sitting up. “Need some help” he says grinning before pulling me back against him and placing a kiss on my lips.

A hard strong kiss. His hands move up and down my back then into my hair as he rolls us over so he is laying on top of me. “So you were trying to annoy me” he whispers into my ear as his lips kiss my cheek. My neck. My lips. A moan escapes my mouth as his hands move down the side of my body.

I hear him curse and my eyes fly open as I feel his weight leave my body. “Fucking phone” he groans reaching over to my bed side table. I didn’t even hear the phone. He takes the phone and closes his eyes. “It’s for you. It’s Tina” he says. “I should” I say. “I know” he says standing and passing the phone to me.

“Hey Tina” I quietly say into the phone as I breathing starts to come back to normal. “Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. What have you being up to?” she asks as I watch Cristiano head to the bathroom.

“Me nothing. Haven’t done a thing” I say getting of the bed a moving to the couch. “You ok” she asks. “Ya I’m fine” I say shaking my head. What happened on the bed? “Well I have news. I’m getting a day release from rehab on Friday” Tina says.

“That’s great news” I say. “Ya I’m spending the day with Dad but if it goes well I should be able to leave in a few weeks” she says. “Tina that’s wonderful news. I’m so happy” I say. I can’t wait for her to come home. I really need to have her around me.

As Tina discusses how she is getting on in rehab, Cristiano walks out of the bathroom. Completely naked except for a towel that hung deliciously low on his hips. His six pack on display. I have to admit he did have an amazing body. An amazing body that was on me not so long ago I think and bite my lip as he heads back into the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it appears Lucy hasn't fallen for any of Hugo's charms but will she fall for Cristiano's?

Thanks to ariana_aemming, Jayme112234, ArsenalFanKT and kalamnamuhs123 for all their comments.