Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 70 - You Are A Very Sweet Man

Cristiano’s Pov

As she walks towards the bed I try not to think of the image of her in the bath. Cos that's easy.

“Seriously, I know he’s is your family but I just want to ring his neck. Like what the hell is with all the jokes. Which aren’t funny. Jezz my face is sore from all the fake smiling and laughing” she says holding her hand to her face. “And what kind of brother spends an entire night with his hands as over his brother’s girlfriend” she says. My brother I think.

She doesn’t like him. She doesn’t think he is funny. She wasn’t giggling for him.

“I can see why you are annoyed with him” I hear her say as her hand rests in front of her eyes. “What” she asks when I lay next to her on the bed.

“You think Hugo’s an idiot” I say not caring if the grin on my face was showing. “Maybe” she smiles. I roll her onto her side so she is looking straight at me. “So all that laughing and smiling was fake” I ask. “Some yes. Well your mother expects me to get on with your brother. Plus I could tell it was annoying you” she says. Annoying me. “Oh so you were trying to annoy me, where you” I say. Why did she want to annoy me? “You did well not reacting to him” she says. “If you hadn’t come in when you did it might have been different” I say as I touch her face. What’s going on with the two of you?” she asks. “It doesn’t matter” I say not wanting to talk about Hugo now.

“What now?” I ask. “Well I don’t know about you but I’m going for a bath” she says sitting up. “Need some help” I say and pull her towards me. I kiss her lips. I’ve missed this I think as I roll her onto her back. Her soft sweet lips I think as I kiss her harder. She moans as I move my hands up and down her side as my lips work on her neck. This is what I need I think as I feel her hands on my back.

I hear a noise but choose to ignore it. But the sound keeps on coming. “Fucking phone” I groan as I move off Lucy to pick up the phone. I pick up the phone. Shit. Why now I think. “It’s for you. It’s Tina” I say. “I should” she says. “I know” I say. I know she wants to talk to her.

I leave Lucy on the phone as I head to the bathroom. I need a shower. A really cold shower I think. It’s getting harder to be so closely around Lucy. When I walk out to get my clothes in the bedroom, Lucy is sitting chatting on the couch. She looks up and I see she is biting her lip. Her eyes widen as she stares at me. She likes what she sees does she I think as she bites her lip. Her sweet soft lip. I head back to the bathroom before I needed another cold shower.

Once I have my boxers on, I head back to Lucy. She’s off the phone and looks sad. “Everything ok” I ask leaning against the wall. She looks up from her lap. She nods and stands walking towards me.

“Tina is getting a day released on Friday and she should be allowed home in a few weeks” Lucy says. “Isn’t that a good thing” I say tilting her chin upwards to me. “It is” she says. “But you are worried it’s too soon for her to be leaving rehab” I say and she nods.

I hold her waist and pull her closer. Her arms wrap around my waist and she rests her head against my chest. “She’ll be ok because she has you. Trust me the worry never goes but you’ll be there for her” I say remembering how I felt after Hugo left rehab.

“You think” she says. “Come on” I say taking her hand and pulling her into the bathroom. “What is this?” she asks surprised. I watch as she takes in the bath filled with bubbles. “You said you wanted a bath” I shrug. She smiles.

“You are a very sweet man, you know that” she says as her arms come around my neck. “I don’t know about that” I say. “Your head looks better” she says. “Maybe it was your kiss that helped” I say smiling as I remember that night.

“Maybe” she says smiling. “If I’m not out in 15 minutes come and get me. There is a strong possibility that I may fall asleep” she says yawning. “Need help scrubbing your back” I say. “I’m sure I can manage” she says kissing my cheek.

A while later Lucy comes out dressed in her pyjamas. “Nice bath” I ask. “Lovely” she says climbing into the bed. “You mind if I watch a bit of TV. I’m not that sleepy” I ask. “Fine by me. I’ll probably fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow” she says pulling the covers around her.

I watch as she tries to get comfy in the bed. Her head rests on the pillow, as the covers move up and down as she breathes. Like the past few nights, she is away from me. The space between us something I’m not used to. I can’t stop thinking about what would have happened if the phone had not rung earlier.

I flick through the channels nothing catching my eye. I feel Lucy move in the bed. Twisting and turning. She rolls near to me and snuggles into my shoulder. As her head rests on my shoulder, I place my hand around her waist. “Noite” she whispers. “Night beautiful” I say kissing the top of her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little softer side of Cristiano been seen by Lucy. Good or bad thing?

Thank you so much to kalamnamuhs123,ariana_aemming,ArsenalFanKT and Jayme112234 for their comments. Glad everyone is enjoying the story.