Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 71 - Only One Of His Talents

Lucy’s Pov

To say I was surprised to find Cristiano had drawn a bubble bath for me would be wrong. I was shocked. I wasn’t lying when I told him he was sweet sometimes.

“Lucy” I hear him say as I do my make up in the mirror. When I got out of bed, he had rolled onto his stomach stretched over my side of the bed. And he was still like that when I turned around to look at him. “Oh Lucy” he mumbles again.

“Cris” I say, but he doesn’t reply. “Hey” I say gently tapping his shoulder. His head flies up and he looks confused as he stares at my clothes. “You were calling me. Everything ok” I ask. “Was just wondering what time it was” he says rubbing his eyes. “Time for you to get up” I say. He groans. “And you say that I’m grumpy in the mornings” I say heading to the door. “Be down in a minute” he mumbles throwing the pillow over his head.

“Bom día Lucy” Nuno says as I walk to the fridge. “Hey Nuno. What you cooking?” I ask peaking over his shoulder. “Omelette. You want one” he asks. “You really have to ask” I smirk. “I should tell Cris the only reason you are still here is because of my cooking” he says. “You do that. Where is everyone?” I ask as he hands me a plate. “Still in bed I guess. So you finally met Hugo the charmer” Nuno smirks. I roll my eyes.

“At least you stop there been a fight last night. You were very convincing by the way” he grins. “I thought you wanted Cris and me to be more affectionate” I smirk back at him.

“Who’s affectionate?” Hugo asks coming up behind me. “Your brother and Lucy” Nuno says. “His brother is more romantic” Hugo says winking at me. “I’ll take your word for it” I say taking a seat at the table.

“You should come shopping with us today Lucy” Hugo says pouring himself a glass of orange juice. “Can’t. I have to work” I say cutting into my omelette with my knife. “Pity” he says. “What’s a pity?” Cristiano says walking towards us. “Your girlfriend would rather work than come shopping with us” Hugo says. “Don’t blame her” Cris says to me as he bends down to kiss my cheek. “That taste good” he asks pointing to my plate. “Hey I made it so of course it does” Nuno says and I start to laugh.

“You’re dating the wrong brother if you want someone who can cook, Lucy” Hugo says taking a seat across the table from me. “I’ve heard all the stories about Cristiano’s cooking” I say to him. “Well he diffently doesn’t have the talent for cooking. I should cook for you sometime” he says. As Cris takes a seat next to me, he stares at his brother. “Well thankfully he has many other talents” I say kissing Cristiano’s lips before smiling at him. I look over at Hugo who is coughing and spluttering. “You ok Hugo?” I ask. “Juice went down the wrong way” he whispers trying to catch his breath.

I see Cristiano grin as he takes a bite of his breakfast. “Shut up” I mutter to him. “What other talents do I have” he says leaning into my ear. I wrap my arms around his neck. “Well, there is one talent that you are good at” I say. “And what’s that” he asks giving me a peck on the lips. “You have a talent of annoying me” I smirk.

“Funny” he says rubbing his nose against mine. I giggle and he smiles. “Are they always like this in the morning?” Hugo asks Nuno. “Just as well that you missed their make out session over breakfast the first morning we stayed here after meeting Lucy” Elma says from nowhere. I blush at the memory of that kiss sitting on Cristiano’s lap that morning. “Aww only a blush today. No longer turning red” Elma says. And Nuno and Cris laugh.

“Good morning Elma” I say. “Hi” she smirks back.

“Right I should be going. I’ll see you all later” I say taking my plate to the sink. “Do you have a busy day today?” Elma asks. “Too busy” I say thinking about the to do list in my handbag. “Have fun” Cristiano says holding me against him. “Have fun at training” I say turning around to face him before kissing his check.

I’m about to walk away when he pulls me back towards him and kisses my mouth. “That’s only one of my many talents” he whispers to me grinning. No doubt at the blush on my face that I can feel growing redder.

“Hello everybody” I say walking into my office a while later. “You’re in a good mood” Josh says sitting against my desk. “Am I” I say taking off my jacket. “Really good mood” he says raising an eyebrow. “Guess I’m glad to be at work” I say. “Ok now I’m worried” Matt says from the couch in my office. “Very funny. So how are things looking” I ask. We have a huge presentation on Monday plus confirming and finishing other projects so today was going to be very busy.

My phone rings and I notice it’s Cris. “Hey” I say closing the door to my office. “Hello. Fancy some lunch” he asks. “It’s that time already” I say looking at my watch. Matt and I had spent the last few hours discussing marketing designs for various projects. We lost track of time. “You must be busy, if you of all people forget food” he says. “I am busy and I have a meeting soon” I say. “So that’s a no to lunch” he says sounding disappointed. “Sorry” I say. “Can’t believe you are leaving me with Nuno and Hugo” he jokes.

“I’d come if I could but the way things are going right now I’ll be lucky to get out and eat before 3. Josh still has to take a look at what Matt and I have decided” I say.

“I guess I’ll see you later so” he says. “I might make you dinner if you are lucky” I say. “I’ll hold you to that” he says. “Enjoy lunch and no arguing with Hugo” I say hanging up.

“Everything ok?” Matt asks as I return to my office. I nod a yes. “Josh said Tina was getting out of rehab for the day tomorrow. That’s good” he says. Matt and a few others on the office were the only ones who knew that Tina was in rehab. Although no one only me, Josh and Elena knew who’s car she destroyed that day.

“Ya she is. Hopefully she’ll be back in Manchester soon” I say. “Ye’ll be back to your girlie ways again” Matt says. “What girlie ways” I ask. “Your girl nights and looking for men” he says. “We have never done that” I say tapping him across the shoulder. “I’m kidding. It is fun hanging around you
two though” he says.

“Hey are you two doing any work today or are ye just going to chat” Josh says at the now open door. “We were talking about Tina” Matt says resting his arm around my shoulder. “Before you know it, it will be me, Elena and Matt against you and Luke again” I say leaning against Matt. “Just like the good old days” he says. I smile at Matt. Just like the old days I think.

“I prefer the other one” Josh says as the three of us stand around my desk. “Told you he would” Matt says bumping his hip against mine. “Do we have to vote?” I ask knowing I was going to lose since the boys both chose the same design. “You can’t win every time” Josh says laughing. “Aww look she sulking” Matt says pinching my cheek. “I do not sulk” I say as his arm comes around my waist.

There’s a knock on the door. “Yes you do” Matt smile at me. “Come in” I shout over my shoulder at the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's at the door? Will Lucy find out what talents Cristiano has?

Thanks to ariana_aemming ,kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.