Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 73- Told You It Was A Bad Idea

Cristiano’s Pov

“Hey man” Wazza says as I put my boots on. “Hey” I say. “So has the brother arrived” he asks. “Yep” I say. “What does he think about Lucy?” Michael asks. “He surely likes her. Who wouldn’t” Wayne says. “He likes her naturally” I say. “Why are you so grumpy so” Wayne asks. “Just tired” I say.

“Lucy keeping you up all night” Rio shouts from across the room. “Don’t start, Rio” Wes says when I don’t reply. I haven’t really spoken much to Rio since Sunday night. I still don’t know why he mentioned the girl from the club.

“Was just asking” he said. “Ask your own girlfriend that and see what she says. Or is she still annoyed at you over your big mouth on Sunday night” I shout. It was well known that Rebecca hadn’t liked the way Rio behaved that night. I’m just glad Lucy is talking to me now.

“I said sorry” he mumbles. “Maybe you should think before you open your mouth” I say walking out the dressing room door.

After a tough training session, the last thing I felted like doing was having lunch with Hugo not to mind go shopping. “Avoiding you already. That doesn’t sound good” Hugo says as I hang up the phone from Lucy. She was busy at work to join us for lunch.

“She’s at work” I say. “It’s never a good thing if your woman if avoiding you” Hugo says. “She’s not avoiding me” I say. “She will do soon. I’m surprised she’s still around. They normally don’t last this long” Hugo says. “Shut up Hugo. Lets just eat” Nuno says as we walk into the restaurant. We don’t talk the rest of lunch.

When Hugo leaves to go shopping Nuno looks at me. “What” I say. “Nice job not reacting to Hugo” he says. “I promised Lucy not to fight with him for Máe” I say. He smirks. “Good to see you’re listening to her” he says. I roll my eyes at him. “I don’t want to upset Máe” I say.

“This is a bad idea” Nuno says as I press the button on the elevator. “A really bad idea” he says again. “We are just bringing lunch” I say. “Really bad” Nuno says. “Just shut it already, I’m being nice” I say. “Nice ya” he grunts.

“May I help you” a middle aged woman asks I walk to the big desk in front of the elevator. “I’d like to see Ms. Smith” I say. She flicks through a book. “I’m not sure that you are her next appointment” she says. “How do you know that” I grin to her. “You’re not Chinese” she says. “I just want to drop her something. Two minutes tops” I say. “Let me see if she’s free” she says picking up the phone. “Who should I say is asking for her” she asks clearly not a football fan.

A couple of men appear behind me. “If you could just point me to her office, please. I don’t want to keep you from your work” I say. “Oh alright. Third door on the left” she says pointing to her left. “Thank you” I say.

“Come in” I hear Lucy shout when I knock at the door. I open the door to see Lucy standing in front of her desk with two men. One I recognize as Josh. The other I don’t know but he has his arm around Lucy’s waist.

“What are you doing here?” she asks wide eyed. “I brought you some lunch” I say as she moves of the guy’s hold. Once she’s close enough to me, I reach out and pull her closer kissing her lips. She quickly breaks apart from me. She looks between the two men who are standing in shock looking at me. “That’s nice” Josh eventually says breaking the silence in the room. “There’s enough for you two” I say as he takes the bag from my hand.

“Thanks. Right I think we are done. We’ll talk later” Josh says to Lucy. “I’m sure we will” she says turning away from us both. “You can count on it” he says leaving the room.

“I’ll be in the design department if you need me, Lucy” the guy says and she nods. “Hope the head is ok for Saturday’s game” he says. “It should be” I say.

“What the fuck was that” Lucy shouts as the door closes. “I just brought you lunch” I say. “Lunch are you kidding me. What on earth are you doing here, at my place of work? And why the hell did you kiss me in front of them?” she yells.

“I…….” I stammer. “Do you know what I am going to have to listen to later? Josh is already probably telling Elena. And what if they tell Tina? How do I tell her why I’m even talking to you not to mind pretending to date you” she continues to yell walking up and down behind her desk.

“I didn’t think” I say beginning to regret coming here. “You don’t say” she says. “And you didn’t once think of stopping him” she yells at Nuno. He begins to say something but Lucy has already moved on from him.

“The one thing that was never meant to happen. None of my friends were meant to find out. Do you know what’s it going to be like telling Josh and Elena the truth. I’ve been lying to them for weeks” she says taking a seat in her chair with her hands in her head.

“Lucy, I sorry” I say. I hate seeing her upset. “Don’t” she says. The phone on her desk rings. “I’m on my way” she says into the phone.

She stands, straightens her dress, picks up some files on her desk and heads to the door. “I’m sure you can find your own way out” she says opening the door and disappearing down the hall.

“Told you it was a bad idea” Nuno says.
♠ ♠ ♠
How bad of an idea was it? Will Lucy ever speak to Cristiano again. Did she over react?