Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 80- Ladies Night

Lucy’s Pov

“Hi. I’m almost ready” I say to Coleen and Rebecca as the walk through my front door. “No rush. The restaurant won’t go anywhere” Rebecca says. “Nice place” Coleen says. “Thanks. Feels a bit weird being here though. I’m used to been at Cristiano’s lately” I say fixing my 7 necklace around my neck.

“I remember what that was like. Rio hardly wanted me out of his sight the few weeks. Now I want him out of the way most of the” Rebecca laughs. “Men” Coleen says. “I still don’t know why he acted the way he did on Sunday night” she says. Sunday night. I almost forgot about the blonde.

“Nothing happened” he had said. Doesn’t make a difference if it had?

“Lucy” I hear my named been called. “Sorry” I say looking up to see the two girls looking at me. “I was just say how gorgeous your dress is” Coleen says. “You ok. You seemed miles away” Rebecca asks. “I’m fine. Was just thinking. The dress. Cris brought me the dress as a surprise” I say smoothing the v necked dress down.

“Aww that’s sweet of him” Rebecca says. “Wayne hardly ever buys me clothes. And when he does he just gets the girls in the shop to pick something” she says. “He saw me looking at it in a magazine. Didn’t know he noticed” I say grabbing my purse. “That man notices everything if it has to do with you” Coleen says. “How do you mean?” I ask. “He couldn’t keep his eyes of you at dinners the other night” she says. Jezz how could I tell her it was all for show?

“Shouldn’t we be going” I say. “Don’t worry. We’ll tell the girls you kept us” Coleen jokes. “I didn’t think I’d be ready in time because Cris phoned while I was trying to do my make up” I say. “No better man to distract a girl” Rebecca says. “Excuse me” I say. “Relax, she doesn’t want your man” Coleen says. He’s not mine I think.

We eventually managed to get into the restaurant. There was a lot of paps outside wanting the girls pictures. “How do you deal with them?” I ask Coleen ask the waiter shows us to our table. “You get used to it. When the press find out about you and Cris, you and me are going to have a big bitch” she laughs.

“Lucy, this is Hayley and Leanne” Coleen says as we reach the table full of women.
“Finally we get to meet. Wes has been raving about you all week” Leanne says. “I’m not that special” I say. “It’s not every girl that can make Ronaldo all smitten and happy” she says. “He’s not smitten” I say. “He is. All the boys say it. And you are two” Lisa says as I take my seat next to Coleen.

“How long have you lived in Manchester, Lucy?” Hayley asks. “About four years. My friend opened a business here and he gave me a job after I finished college. “Did you like London?” Leanne asks. “Ya but I needed a change” I say. I don’t want to think of Mum right now.

“I never ask earlier do you live on your own” Rebecca asks. “Careful she might be looking for a place to stay when Rio id annoying her” Leanne jokes and we all laugh. “She’ll have to find somewhere else for that. I have a roommate. My best friend Tina and I live together” I say. “What does she think of Cris?” Coleen whispers as the waiter takes our orders. I fiddled with my watch while I wait for him to leave. “She hasn’t met him yet” I say and can feel them looking at me.

“She’s in rehab at the moment” I say. “Oh I’m sorry. That must be hard for you” Coleen says placing her hand on my shoulder. “It is but she seems to be getting better” I say. “I’m sure she will. I hope Cris is supporting you” Lisa says. “He is” I say. He really was. I still can’t believe he remembered Tina was spending the day out of rehab today. When he phoned earlier from the train he had sounded so sincere when he said he was happy she was doing ok.

I hear my phone buzz in my bag. “I’m sorry I thought I turned it off” I say pulling it out of my bag. Coleen takes the phone from my hand. “Figured as much” Coleen says.

“Can you not bare to be without her for one night” she says into the phone. And the girls all look at her oddly. “Only for a few minutes. If you didn’t want us hanging out than you shouldn’t have introduced us” Coleen says handing me back the phone.

“Hello” I say. “Wazza was right. Coleen can be bossy” Cristiano says and I giggle. “That’s not nice” I say. “You laughed” he says and he could tell he was grinning. “What can I do for you? You are kind of interrupting our dinner” I say. “There’s a lot that you could do for me, but I’ll save that for another time he says and a shiver runs down my spine. “But right now I’ll settle for a goodnight” he says. “Goodnight” I say. “In Portuguese” he says. “Noite Cris” I say and hang up.

“Is my jealousy showing cos I’m trying not to let it show? Jezz I can’t think the last time my fella rang just to hear me say goodnight” Leanne says. “I only ever get a text” Lisa says.

“Hey Lucy” someone says behind me. I turn around to see Elena looking like a supermodel in a purple dress. “Elena” I say standing up to hug her. “I thought that was you” she says. I turn and introduce Elena and the girls. “What are you doing here?” I ask. “Jack and I were having dinner but he got called away by a client” she says trying to hide her disappointment. “How could he leave you here when you look like that” Leanne says. “Well his client got arrested for murder so it wasn’t like it wasn’t important” she says. “Elena’s a lawyer by the way” I say. “Come join us” Coleen says. “I don’t want to intrude” she says. You’re not” Lisa says and Elena looks at me. “You’re just in time for desert” I say and she takes a seat next to Lisa.

“So have you met Cristiano” Coleen asks Elena. Lovely I thought I was going to avoid having to discuss this. “Yes I have” she says smiling at me. “Did you know they were in a relationship or was it a surprise for you like it was for us” Leanne asks. “Oh it was a fairly big surprise for me. I think even Lucy didn’t want me to find out” she says.

“My boyfriend said the same thing. He just reckons that Lucy and Cris don’t want to share each other with other people” Hayley says. “They make such a cute couple. Don’t they?” Lisa says. “Can we talk about something other than Cristiano and I” I say and the table look at me. “Now Luce you can’t stop all the fun. It’s only fair we discuss how cute a couple you and Cristiano make” Elena says trying to hide her grin as she takes a sip of her wine.

“Did she tell you how he surprised her with the dress she is wearing tonight” Elena says and proceeds to tell the girls what happened earlier today. Minus the part of me being angry with him. Enter a cue of awws around the table. “I thought it was sweet ”Coleen says. “I’m seven years older than her and a guy has never done anything like that for me” Elena says.

I don’t know if it is wise to leave Elena alone at the table with the girls but when Coleen excuses herself to go to the bathroom, I go with her. “I’m glad you came out tonight” Coleen says washing her hands in the sink. “Me too” I say truthfully. I look at my phone and see there is a text.

“Don’t miss your pillow too much” it read and I smile.

“What has he said now? “Coleen asks. “Who?” I ask. “Cris” she says. “How did you know it was from him?” I ask. “Because you get this big huge smile on your face when you talk about him or when he is on the phone” she says. “No I don’t” I say. “You do. But it’s ok. Your smitten” she says.

Am I smitten?
♠ ♠ ♠
A lovely night out with some new friends and a sweet Cris. Everyone can see that Lucy is smitten. Will she see that herself.

What did you think of the dinner? Elena likes to have fun.

Thanks for all your comments.