Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 82- Tickle Fight

Cristiano’s Pov

“Hiya, where is everyone” I ask Lucy as I arrive back from training. “Your mother is on the phone” she says stretched out on the couch. “Who the hell is she talking to all the time?” I ask moving to the couch. “I don’t know. Anyway to answer your question” she says as I sit on the other end of the couch putting her feet on my lap. “Nuno is gone into the city. And Elma and Hugo went to the village. Apparently we were out of carrots” she says resting her head on a cushion. “You look busy” I say grinning at her.

“I have you know that I just sat down. I was making gingerbread men for Rodrigo and I was looking over my presentation for tomorrow” she say moving her feet of my lap and sitting up straight. “I was only joking” I say. “I know” she says flicking at a speed of 100 miles per hour through the TV channels.

“What are you looking for?” I ask. “I wanted to see what time the match was on tonight” she says. “No. Not a chance” I say grabbing the remote out of her hands. “Give that back” she says. “I am not watching you roar and shout for Liverpool in my house” I say. “I was looking to know of the Giants match was on TV tonight” she says smugly. “Oh. Fine” I say handing her the remote back.

“But since you brought it up. You’ve given me an idea” she says switching on the channel that the Liverpool match was due to start soon. “No way” I say wrapping my arms around her waist as she tried to hide the remote. “Make me” she says turning to look over her shoulder. Our noses was only inches apart. “You asked for this” I say. And I moved my fingers to her ribs and she shrieked when I started to tickle her.

“Don’t” she gasps. “Don’t” she says as my fingers continue to tickle her. “Don’t stop?. No problem” I say. She falls against me twisting and giggling. She shifts so she’s facing me and I grab her hips to sit her on my lap. Leaving me laying flat on my back. She grabs the remote. “I’m giving you the remote back” she says shifting so she was straddled on top of me. I lean up on my elbows.

“You sure about that” I say kissing her wrist before moving my hands along her arms and down to her stomach. Her breathing catches as I slip my finger up under her top. I gently make circles on her stomach with my thumb on her skin.

This is the closest that I have been to her in days. She drops the remote out of her hand and places her arms around my shoulders. She looks into my eyes ass I raise my head closer to her lips.

“Do you two ever stop?” Elma says loudly coming into the room. Lucy quickly moves of my lap. “Hi” I say to Elma. “You brother was just trying to stop me from watching TV” Lucy says kneeling on the couch. “Now, Cris don’t be selfish. You should let her watch what she wants” Hugo says. Here we go I think.

“What time are Katia and Rodrigo getting here?” Lucy asks. “Soon” Elma says. “You could have picked them up you know. But then you do only think of yourself” Hugo says to me. “Nuno was in town so it made more sense for him to collect them” Lucy says to Hugo before giving a small smile.

“Anyway your brother had training today. I didn’t see you offering to pick them. Or were you too busy doing, What have you been doing?” Lucy asks getting off the couch. “Nothing” Elma says. “Hey” Hugo says. “What it’s the truth” she says back to him. I smile.

“I’ll help you with dinner, Elma” Lucy says.

“At least your last few girlfriends could keep their mouth shut” Hugo says taking Lucy’s place on the couch. “Maybe you should learn to shut your mouth” I say back to him. “Maybe you should think about someone other than yourself” he says. “Shut the fuck” I begin to say but Maé comes down the stairs. “Nuno just phoned. They should all be here soon” she says. “That’s good.

"When does Zé come?” Lucy asks I follow Maé to the kitchen. “Wednesday” Elma says. “The more the merry” I say rolling my eyes as I take a seat on the stool in front of Lucy and she taps me with the carrot in her hand. Her phone rings and she takes it out in the hall. “There is so much to do before Thursday” Máe says. “It’s a dinner Maé. We have them all the time” I say. “It not just dinner” she says sharply to me as Lucy comes back into the room and continues to make carrot sticks.

“Everything ok” I ask when I notice her face. She nods. “Lucy” I say and she sighs before looking at me. “It was my Dad on the phone. He was just asking what I would think if he was to ask his girlfriend to marry him since its her birthday tomorrow” she says placing the carrots on a plate before picking up an onion. “Don’t you like her?” Máe asks. “I love her. She makes Dad happy” she says. “But” I say. “It’s just weird that’s all. Like I know Mum got remarried” she says and I notice the knife shake in her head “I guess its about time Dad moved on and found some happiness. He deserves it” she says. He was the only one I think. “You think she’ll say yes” Elma asks. “She better” Lucy jokes. “They’ve been together for nearly four years. Lisa and Dad are really suited together” she says. “Your Dad is lucky to have you and Lisa” Máe says. “The two Ls” Elma says. And Lucy starts to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” I ask. “I’ve just realised that my Dad Liam married Lilly who had two daughters Lacey and Lucy and now he’s marrying Lisa” she says. “That’s a lot of Ls” Elma says. “Remind not to name any of my kids anything that begins with L” Lucy says to me.
Kids. I wonder what a little Lucy would look like. I turn to see Máe smiling at me. Clearly she was thinking the same thing. And that’s something she won’t know. “I’m going to put my phone on charge. Back in a sec” Lucy says leaving the kitchen.

Elma and Máe are smiling at each other. “What?” I ask. “There are another 25 other letters in the alphabet” Elma says grinning at me. “And Rodrigo could use a playmate” Máe says. “Hold on. You have spent all my life telling me not to knock some chick up” I say. “Lucy isn’t some chick” Máe says.

The sound of Marcosa barking makes me turn to the door. “You’re sure they aren’t staying a month” Nuno says carrying two suitcases. “Hey buddy” I say as Rodrigo appears. He looks around the room ignoring all of us that stood in the room. “Give me a hug” Hugo says but my nephew doesn’t instead he runs into the hall.

“What is he doing?” Hugo asks. “Think he’s looking for someone else” I say as Lucy comes down the stairs. “Mind your back with them Nuno” she says pointing to the suitcases. “Lucy” Rodrigo shouts and she couches down to him as he wraps his arms around her neck.

“Did you miss me?” the both say at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tickle fight, Hugo and baby names. Just another typical day for these two.

Thanks to ariana_aemming,kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234 for their comments.