Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 84 - Admit It

Lucy’s Pov

I wake before the alarm goes on my phone. I yawn at the sight of the 5.30 clock. Feels much longer since Cris and I talked last night. The pain and hurt on his face when he was talking about his father. It was just so familiar to me. I don’t know how he can be in the same room as his brother not to mind let him stay in his house. Well I do know. It’s because of Dolores. Heck I’m here for Dolores. I didn’t expect to come back here again on Thursday. This was an important week for them all. And they needed me around. Cris needed me.

His arm is resting on my thigh. When I move, the hand slowly moves up my side and his nose nuzzles against my shoulder. The hand moves under my top. I turn to look at him when the hand touches my breast.

His eyes are closed. Jezz he’s asleep. It would be so easy to stay here tight now. But I have work and I must get up. I move his hand away and scoot out of the bed. He shifts and lays his head on my pillow.

As I try to fix an earing into my lobe, I notice the door opeing and light shines into the room. “Lucy” Rodrigo shouts. “Sssh” I say holding my finger to my lips. “Hey cutie” I whisper as I Rodrigo walks over to me rubbing his eyes and holding Ellie the elohant in his hand. “We don’t want to wake Tío Cris, so we have to talk quielty” I whisper to him.

“I want cuddles” he says. “Aww sweetie, I have to go to work” I say. “Lucy” he says loudly and I see Cris shift in the bed. I pick Rodrigo up and hold him in my arms. “Why don’t you keep Tío Cris company” I say. “You too” he says. “Rodrigo I can’t. I’m sorry. We can cuddles tomorrow” I say laying him down in the bed.

“Go back to sleep” I say and Cris moves his arm around Rodrigo. I smile. “Lucy” Rodrigo whispers. “Bejios” he says sleepy. “Bejios for Rodrigo” I say placing a kiss on his forehead.

I lean down and place a kiss on Cris’s cheek. “Bejios for my boys” I whisper and leave the room.

“Why did I agree to do this presentation?” I ask Matt who sits on the other side of my desk. “You’ll be amazing. Like you always are” he says. “Thanks Matt” I say. “Good morning” Josh says happily walking into the room. “Oh do you have to be so jolly. Some of us are still trying to wake up” I say. “Boyfriend keeping you up” Matt says grouchy.

“Maybe I should have a word with him. We know what you are like when your tired” Josh says winking at me. “Why are you so happy?” I ask. “Work is great, love life is fab and Tina is getting better” he says. It was nice to see Josh so happy. Tina did appear to be doing great. When I spoke to her yesterday, she told me how great she felt about her day out from rehab and how much she was looking forward to coming home. “Well eveything looks great for the presentation. Best of luck with it” Matt says. “Thanks for listening to me Matt” I say. “Any time” he says. “Good luck with mister jolly here” he says laughing.

“So how is the boyfriend?” Josh asks handing me my coat. I roll my eyes. “We have a 40 minute car journey to Liverpool Luce. You know we are going to talk about him” he says. And we did. Although we talked more about how I agreed in the first place.

As I park the car, I couldn’t wait to get inside. Rain drops begin to fall as I take my bag and flowers out of the car. When I walk through the door, I can hear loud voices from the kitchen. I place the flowers on the hall table and begin to unbutton my coat.

Cris appears. “Hi” I say and his finger covers my lips. He slides the coat of my shoulders and hangs it up. Then he takes my hand, making a be quiet jesterer as we walk towards the movie room.

What the hell is he up to?

He pulls me to the couch and takes a seat. He runs his hands along my legs, moving my skirt up and pulls me onto to him so that I am stadling. “Hi” he says kissing my nose. I giggle.

“What are we doing in here?” I ask. “I wanted to talk to you before all your attention is taken” he says pouting. “Carefull or I might start thinking you don’t want to share me” I say. “Maybe I don’t” he says moving a strand of hair behind my ear.

“How was your day?” he asks. “Fantastic. We got the job” I say. “Well done. That’s brilliant” he says. “I was so nervous. I hate giving presentations. Like I know I can talk someones head off when I start to talk” I say and he lets out a laugh.

“Hey” I say tapping his shoulder and his hands rub my back. “Anyway I still hate doing it. It’s going to mean a lot more work. But the office is capable so I’m glad” I say. “I can’t belive we pulled it off” I say. “I knew you could” he says kissing my cheek.

“Thanks for the flowers. They were a lovely thought” I say. And surprise. No one has ever sent me flowers before. I couldn’t help but smile when the boqiuet of lillies and roses arrived as Josh and I were leaving for Liverpool this morning. “Knock them dead. Cris xxx” the card read.

“Your welcome” he says.

The door flies open and I look up to see Elma,as Cris groans. “Here you are. Cris can you stop kissing your girfriend for five minutes and come eat” she says. “We were talking not kissing” he says not looking at his sister.

A grin appears on his face. “But you have giving me an idea” he says grinning as his lips touch mine. Our tonuges dance in unison as he holds me tighter to him. I break the kiss and laugh when I hear Elma groan.

“Hi Elma” I say hoping my face isn’t turning red. “Hello Lucy” she smiles. “When you tow are finished dinner is ready” she says walking out. “Now where were we” he says holding my chin.

“Ah yes. I know” he says kissing me hard again. I pull my head back. And he pouts. “Come on. It’s time to eat” I say kissing his forehead. “I’d rather kiss you” he says. “Well I’d rather eat” I say scooting out of his lap.

“Admit it” he says standing. “Admit what” I ask. “You like when I kiss you” he says stroking my bottom lip. “No I don’t” I says. “You do. You enjoy it” he says following me to the kitchen.

“Hey cutie” I say as Rodrigo comes running towards me. “Nuno and Hugo are gone out so it’s just us” Katia says and she and Elma take a seat opposite Cris and I at the table.

“Admit it” Cris whispers into my ear. “I have nothing to admit” I say as his arm rest on the back of my neck. “Want me to make you say it?” he whispers. “You wouldn’t” I say looking at him. “Might be fun to see you blush again” he says and looks over at his sisters.

The last time he kissed me at this table he pulled me into his lap and took me by surprise. He wouldn’t do it. Would he? He runs his fingers along my leg.

“Fine” I say. “Say it” he says. I turn my head towards him. “I like when you kiss me” I say begrudgingly. He kisses me.

“Now was that so hard to admit” he says and a huge big grin appears on his face.

So I like when he kisses me. It's not like it means anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does it mean something? And how cute are Rodrigo and Cris with Lucy? Who's who favourite?

Thanks again for all your comments.