Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 87- Playing With Fire

Lucy’s Pov

“What was that for?” I ask. “Just practicing” he says grinning. “So just out of curiosity. Who’s a better kisser? Me or Ethan” he asks. I groan. What was I thinking last night when I told him about Ethan. I must have been out of my mind. The questions were so innocent to begin with. What was our favourite colour and city. Then suddenly we were talking about visit kisses and first times. Why is he so easy to talk to?

“Maybe I should remind you?” he says and pulls my head towards him and kisses me hard. “Urgh here they go again” Hugo shouts and Cris pulls apart from my lips. “So much for decorum Cris. The last time I was here they only seemed to cuddle” Zé says to Hugo.

“The last time you were here my sister left because she was upset with you” Cris says. “But nothing will upset anyone this week. Isn't that right gentlemen. Dolores is worried enough. And we aren’t going to add to that now are we” I say.

“Ya” the three men say. “Well I’m going to see what Rodrigo is up to. Why don’t you boys go play some pool. Have some boy time” I say to Zé. “Yeah let’s go before she had Cris whipped again” he says.

“I’ll ignore if you ignore” I whisper into Cris’s ear as I kiss his cheek. “You never answered my question” he shouts after me as I make my way to the stairs. “I won’t be either” I say not looking back at him. “That mean the answer is me so” he says. He may have been right but I wasn’t going to tell him that.

A while later Elma and I make a quick salad for dinner. Dolores had eaten in her room as she wanted to make a phone call. “I don’t here shouting. War hasn’t broken so” Nuno says taking a seat on the stool. “Yet” Elma and I say together. “It’s only a matter of time. Hugo and Zé know how to annoy Cris” Elma says leaving Nuno and I alone. “Her brother is an idiot” I say to Nuno. He laughs.

“Care to share?” I ask. “That’s the first time you haven’t called Cris the idiot” he says. “How do you it wasn’t him I was talking about?” I ask. “Call it a good guess” he says smirking. “Why do I like you again?” I ask. “Everyone loves Nuno” he says laughing. “Where is lover boy and dumb and dumber?” he asks. “In the games room” I say. “You left them alone? Sure that was wise” he asks.

“Let’s go find out” I say heading to the hall. “Where were you today?” I ask. “With my friend Marco” he says. “You better not have brought that rat back here” I say. “You didn’t half scream like a girl that day” he says. “Your starting to act the idiot instead of Cris” I say opening the door to a sound of laughter.

“What’s so funny?” Nuno asks as Zé and Hugo are in a state of laughter. Cris is leaning against a chair with a look of thunder on his face and a pool cue in his hand. “Was just reminding Cris of that time Merche used his credit card to pay for the hotel room so she could see that guy” he says.

What a bitch.

“You should watch who you let spend your money” he says to Cris. “ Maybe he should just pay for your rehab instead so” I say turning to look at Hugo.

“Piss off you fucking bitch” he shouts. “Watch it” Cris says moving closer. I move to stand in front of him. “You should learn to keep you woman’s mouth shut” Hugo says. “His woman can make her own decisions” I say pulling Cris’s arm around my waist. His thumb stokes my stomach.

“So who is winning” Nuno asks looking at the pool table. “Two games each” Zé says. “Fancy a game, Lucy?” Nuno asks. “Ya like miss cupcake here can play” Zé says. “Now, now Zé just because your son didn’t want you to have any cupcakes doesn’t mean you can start with the nicknames. I’m sure I can think of a few for you myself” I say moving towards the pool table.

“Want to play?” I ask holding a ball in my hand. “I’m not going to play you. I like a challenge” Hugo says. “Sound to me like he’s scared” I say to Nuno whilst throwing and catching the ball in my hand. “Kind of does alright” Nuno says. “Well since you like a challenge. Why don’t you and Zé play against Cris and I” I say walking to the top of the table. “That’s more of a roll over than a challenge darling” Hugo says. What is it with people calling me darling in that tone?

“If it’s going to be so easy why not play” Cris says moving closer to me. “She only wants to be part of the fun” he says. “Well since I’ve nothing better to do. Why not?” Hugo says and begins to set up the game.

“Hope your not playing with fire” Cris whispers into my ear. “Haven’t even lit the match” I say tapping his cheek. “Ladies first” Zé says. “A gentleman. Why aren’t you full of surprises Zé” I say as I get ready to break. I bend over and slowly move the cue back.

“Why don’t we make this game a little more interesting” I say. “How?” Hugo asks. “Well the last bet I made, I promised to…….”Not a chance” Cris says and I smile as he remembers the bet we made the last time we played. “But maybe I should think of something else” I say tapping my lip with my index finger. “I know. Loser does the washing up after tomorrow night’s dinner” I say. “Deal” Hugo says. “Hey that’s a lot of work” Zé says to Hugo. “Like they’re going to win. It’s just Cris against us if you think about” he says. “So that’s a deal” I say. They both nod.

“Kiss for good luck” I say to Cris. He smiles and kissing my cheek. “Anytime you like” Hugo says. “Now where was I. Ah yes here” I say and break the balls sending five into various pockets. If only I had a camera to take a photo of Hugo and Zé’s faces.

“Guess your on wash up duty” Cris says as he pockets the last ball. “Fuck you” Hugo shouts and storms out of the room. “Guess your full of surprises to. Good game” Zé says. “Thank you” I say as Cris kisses the back of my neck.

“Now if you’ll excuse me. I promised I’ll help Rodrigo with his bath” I say. “I’ll be up to read him a story” Zé says. “He’ll like that” I say.

“See” I say holding up my palms in front of Cris.

“I didn’t get burnt” I say and he laughs. The first real laugh I have heard from him in days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess Lucy put the boys in their place but will the dinner go well?

Thanks for your comments kalamnamuhs123 and Jayme112234.