Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 93- It's About Time

Lucy’s Pov

I could so get used to this I think as I snuggle up against Cris. Last night and this morning was crazy. Making love to him was amazing. Everything feels right for once.

“So come on tell me” Cris says he kisses the top of my head. “Tell you what?” I ask popping my head up to look at him. “When did you start to like me?” he asks. “I think I knew for definite on Wednesday night” I say. “Wednesday” he says loudly. “Hey try not to deaf me please” I say. “Sorry. But Wednesday. As in four days ago. That’s when you started to like me” he says.

“I said for definite on Wednesday. Look you and I both know that I wasn’t you biggest fan the first time we met” I say. “Lucy you know how sorry I am about asking you to sleep with me” he says. “I know. Now let me finish” I say holding my finger to his lip.

“I was so angry that day. I was angry with Tina, with you, with myself and with anyone I could think of. But like I’ve already said my opinion of you has changed so much since that day. When I agreed to be your girlfriend I only ever thought I was doing it for Tina. But in the end it was the best thing for me” I say. “What do you mean?” he asks.

“I hated lying to your family when we first met. But I really liked them. And I liked been around you. I started to feel comfy in this house and I felt safe. I don’t know why but I was wanted to be around you. When I told you about Lacey and my Mum I was so shocked that I did. I still am” I say and puts his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer to him.

“It’s all been bonkers. Like you were such a gentlemen when I slept in your bed. You never tried anything” I say. “I so wanted to” he says and I laugh. “The more we spent time together, the more I thought I’m going to have a friend after all this. Although I don’t normal like to kiss my friends” I say. “I knew you enjoyed when we kissed” he says grinning. “Ok I admit it. You are a good kisser and you’re not bad looking either” I say smiling. “Finally. I was beginning to think you were immune to my charms and looks” he says grinning against my bare shoulder. “I’m naked in your bed so we can rule out me been immune to you” I say. “You’re just stubborn” he says. “Hey are you trying to get dumped before we even get started” I say joking. “I’m kidding” he says.

“I can’t believe Wednesday” he says shaking his head.

“Well I guess I didn’t want to admit to myself that I was starting to like you. When you hurt your head during that match I was worried. I watched you with your family and how Hugo treated you and all I wanted to do was defend you. And that scared me. Even when you annoyed me and made me angry, I guess I still wanted you around me” I say. “I do have the habit of annoying you” he says. “Well it’s lucky that you’re good at other things then also” I say pulling his head to mine. “I’ll try not to annoy you anymore” he says.

“When Rio brought up the girl in the club” I say. “Nothing happened” he says. “I know and it shouldn’t have mattered if it did when I found out but I guess a part of me was a little...” I say. “Jealous” he says grinning. “Maybe. And don’t look so happy with yourself” I say. “Hey do you know how jealous I was when every guy was checking you out. Including my teammates may I add. And I thought Josh wanted you. “Which you must have known, otherwise you would have told me he was gay” he says and I laugh. “I didn’t really. You should have seen your face when I told you about Josh” I say. “Very funny” he says.

“I was getting so close to you and I knew I was leaving” I say. “Well you’re not leaving now” he says turning my head to face him. “No I’m not” I say smiling.

“Wednesday though” he says. I roll my eyes. “I remember staring at myself in the mirror after Hugo interrupted us. It wasn’t the first time we had gotten close. I couldn’t understand that you had pulled your stiches out. I didn’t think you’d want me anyway” I say looking away. “Hey” he says turning me to him once more. “Who wouldn’t want you” he says before kissing me.

“Haven’t you had enough?” I ask pushing him away. “Of you never” he says. “Well it’s time to get up” I say and pull the covers around me as I make my way out of the bed. “Come back” he says pleading. “It’s time to face the music” I say and he frowns. “But you did mention something about dreaming about taking me against every surface in the house last night” I say and smiles. “Does the shower count?” I ask dropping the blankets. “Hell yes” I hear him say as he chases me into the bathroom.

“Why do you lot ruin toast by putting marmalade on it?” I say to Nuno as Cris and I walk hand in hand into the kitchen. “Cos it’s nice” Nuno says as he takes a bite out of his toast. “Bom día” he says. “Good morning” I say as Cris wraps his arms around my waist. “Heard dinner was fun last night. Just a heads up, your sisters are pissed” Nuno says and Cris’ lets out a sigh.

“It didn’t go how we planned but Cris is going to fix things. Aren’t you?” I say looking back at Cris. “Yes” he says. “Where is Máe?” Cris asks Nuno. “In her room packing” he says. “I guess I should take to her. Nuno make my lovely girlfriend here something nice to eat please” he says to Nuno. “She worked up an appetite last night” he says into kissing the back of my neck.

“Girlfriend” Nuno says. “Yes my girlfriend” Cris says I can feel him smiling against my shoulder. “For real?” Nuno asks. “Yes for real Nuno” I say. “Well it’s about time” he says clapping his hands together. Cris and I look at each other. “Come again” I say. “Well Cris not realising I get since well it’s him, but your smart Lucy I thought you would have gotten there quicker” he says and Cris and I just stare at him.

“Ye do know that you both stopped pretending weeks ago” Nuno says. “No we didn’t” Cris and I say together. “Ya ye did. Even Jorge saw Cris had feeling for you. Seriously, the way you both acted around each other. All the kissing, cuddling and fun you were both having. It was hard not see to that you both liked each other” Nuno says. “Really?” Cris asked. “Why do you think kit was so easy to fool everyone into think that ye were dating?” Nuno says.

Were Cris and I the last to realize that we wanted to be together?

“You try to figure him out” Cris says pointing to Nuno and “you feed her” he says pointing to me. “I’m going to have a long chat with my mother” Cris says kissing my forehead and heads back upstairs.

“What?” I ask Nuno who is grinning at me when I turn and face him. “Told you there’d be a reason for you to stay” he says. “I guess you were right” I say. “For the record, Lucy, I’ve never seen Cris as happy as I have with you in the last few weeks” he says. “Nuno” I began to say. “He’s different with you. That’s all I’m saying. So give him a chance when he does something stupid which you and me both know he will. Ok?” he says.

“Fine. Now enough talking and more cooking” I say making my way around to Nuno. “Worked up an appetite hey” he says and I smack the back of his head as we both laugh.

Was Cris different with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you agree with Nuno? What did you think of Lucy's admission about her feelings for Cristiano? Will Cristiano and his mother make up?

Thanks to Jayme112234,kalamnamuhs123, and ariana aemming for all their comments.