Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 95- First Day As A Couple

Lucy’s Pov

“Do you have to go to work today?” Cris asks watching me as I brush my teeth. “Yes. I’ve been gone all week. We have to get back to normal at some point” I say. “You did work from here last week and I know you did so don’t deny it. Can’t you do that again?” he asks wrapping his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

“No can do. Anyway you have training. What do you want me to do? Lay in bed and wait for you to come back” I say tapping his nose with my tooth brush. “Trust me the only thing I’ll be thinking about is you in bed” he says moving to lean against the door frame. “Something to make sure I rush back for so” I say and he grins.

“So” he says. “So” what I ask. “Never mind” he says and heads out to the bedroom. “Go on tell me” I say following him out. “Ahm. How come you’re wearing my jersey?” he asks. I smile and look at what I was wearing. “Rodrigo spilled water on my pjs one night and I found this” I say heading to the walk in closet. “But I may have started to wear it when you weren’t here” I say popping my head out the door. “Why?” he asks. I shrug. “I guess it me you closer to me when you weren’t here” I say. “My Portuguese jersey does suit you” he says grinning. “Thank you. It’s nicer then I thought” I say smiling at him before getting dressed.

When I come out, I find Cris sitting on the bed. “Now what were you really going to ask me?” I ask sitting in his lap. And he looks at me confused. “What I was wearing wasn’t the thing you were thinking about” I say. “What you wear, I always think about. Especially when you have too many clothes on” he says and his hand moves under my red dress. “No” I say pulling his hand away. “We haven’t got time and I’m not starting something we can’t finish. It’s not fair” I say pouting a little to make him laugh. Which he does.

“Now stop avoiding my question” I say. “Are you going to tell Josh and Elena about you and me” he asks slowly. “Is there a reason why I wouldn’t?” I ask. He shrugs. “I just don’t want you to rush into telling them if you’re not ready” he says. I lift his chin. “No more pretending remember” I say. “Plus Elena will know the minute she says me. Trust me” I say hopping off his lap. “Now are we going or what?” I ask holding out my hand to him. “First day” he mumbles. “First day” I ask. “First day as a couple” he says. “I guess it is. Officially” I say smiling and make my way to the door.

“You know my Man united jersey would look even better on you” he says behind me. “I may have pretended to be you girlfriend Cristiano, but I was not pretending about me not ever wearing that jersey. Like I told you I have better taste in football clubs” I say and he rolls his eyes. “Now their number 7 I do like” I say showing him my 7 necklace around my neck. “Good” he says before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

“Oh I am so hungry. Thank you for waiting to have lunch with me” I hear Elena say as she comes into my office shortly after 2. “It’s be ages since I’ve spoken to you and Josh in person, so I’m glad we are all able to have lunch together. That and work is driving me insane” she says and I try down to laugh as she flops into the chair all dramatic like. “Thought you were insane” Josh says closing my office door behind him. “Very funny” Elena says.

“I’m bored. Come back and entertain me” Cris’s text read. I smile. “You, me and a free house. The joy. Try and finish early” another read. “Anyone would think that you were missing me?” I reply. “Miss you like crazy” he replies.

“So how was the rest of your week, Lucy. Anymore rows?” Elena ask. I had told her about Hugo been an ass at dinner on Thursday night. But I hadn’t told her about Saturday. “A little but it’s all work out now” I say and smile at Cris’s text. “My beautiful girl needs to come see me” it reads. And I smile. Maybe I should have stayed at his today.

“So how’s the boyfriend?” Josh asked scarasitly. “He’s good. Very good” I say reading another text. “Can’t stop thinking about you in my jersey this morning” it read. And I let out a laugh.

“Something funny” Elena asks. “Just something silly” I say. “Someone more like” Elena says.
“Oh my God. You didn’t” Elena says. “Didn’t what?” Josh asks. “She and Cristiano. You did. Didn’t you. You and him slept together” she says and I blush. “I knew it. I knew it. Jezz it’s about time isn’t it” Elena says.
“No she didn’t” Josh says. “Look at her face and tell me she didn’t. Bet he’s texting you now. Isn’t he?” she asks.

“Yes it’s him” I say putting the phone down. “You and the footballer” Josh says. “Look Cristiano and I talked and we have decided to try this relationship thing for real” I say. “I knew it. I knew you liked him. It was obvious he liked you. You only had to catch him looking at you to know that. But you?” she says popping a chip in her mouth. “You said you didn’t like him” she says.

“I didn’t. Then” I say. “But” she says. “But things change” I say shrugging. “Totally smitten with him” Elena says and I roll my eyes. “Are you sure about this Lucy? Like actually dating him. Is it a good idea after everything?” Josh asks. “Josh can’t you see how happy Lucy has been these last few months” Elena says. “I know. I’ve seen that but you have to admit it’s something weird” he says.

“Look, I’ve gotten to know Cris and I’m certain that I want to know him a lot more. So yes I am sure about him and me” I say. “What about Tina? What are you going to tell her?” Josh asked.
“I don’t know. I don’t want to lie to her but I don’t think she should know everything about how Cris and I really got together” I say. “That I agree with. She’s going to be shocked” he says.

I know. Tina will be shocked. How am I going to tell her about Cris.

“Hello Marcosa” I say opening the Cris’ front door. I rub his head as he brushes against my legs. “Óle” I hear Cris say and I look up to see him leaning against the wall. He’s dressed in a simple black shirt and jeans. And boy does he look good I think as I smile at him. “Hello” I say. Jezz I didn’t think I missed him this much. I was only gone a few hours.

He walks towards me and begins to unbutton my coat. “Thank you” I say as he hangs it up. Follow me” he whispers into my ear and he joins our hands together and leads me down the hall towards the living room. ”How was your day?” I ask but he doesn’t reply. “Cat got your tongue?” I ask laughing. He steps to the side allowing me a full view of the room.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

“Cris” I say in amazement. I take a look around the low light room. The fire is roaring and candles placed all around the room, giving light. The coffee table is laid out with food. “It’s fitting you’re wearing red” he says and he turns to look at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
What surprise has Cris in store for Lucy? Should Lucy me worried about telling Tina or will she not tell her at all? Will Lucy need Elena's friendship even more now?

Thanks to SmileLoudly,Jayme112234 and kalamnamuhs123 for their comments.