Status: Complete

When Does the Pretending End?

Chapter 98- Letting Them Get To Know You

Cristiano’s Pov

“Can you take him home with you after this? He’s really annoying me” Luke says to me as we sit on the couch together. I laugh. Josh’s boyfriend was a really nice guy. “Don’t think he’d like that” I say. “Aww he doesn’t like much these days. Might as well add another to the list” Luke says.

“He’s not my biggest fan” I say. “Oh don’t worry. He never likes anyone his friends date at first” he says. “Well I think he has a reason not to like me” I say. “Look what happened, happened. You and Lucy made an arrangement between ye two. As far as I’m concerned ye are both adults and can do what you like” he says. “Thanks Luke” I say. “Oh finally Elena is here” he says as the door bell rings.

“You and Luke are getting on well” Lucy says behind me. I turn my head around and look up at her. “He’s a nice guy” I say. She laughs. “I can’t get that look on your face when I told you Josh was gay out of my head” she says. “Funny” I say. “You knew what you were doing not telling me that” I say standing up to great Elena. “What ever do you mean” she smirks before heading over to her friends. "Just enjoy tonight. Let them get to know you and they'll love you" she says smiling as she sees Elena arrive.

“Do you find this as strange as I do?” Jack whispers to me as we head to the table. “Hey Lucy told me that you have met them all a few times. This is my first dinner with them. You can’t find this strange” I say.

“It’s different when you are seeing one of their friends though” he says pulling out his chair. “So Josh do you plan to annoy us all until Tina comes home or are you going to stop soon?” Elena asks as we eat. “Since when is it a crime to be nervous about her coming home?” he asks. “It’s not. But you can’t worry about things you have no control over” Luke says.

“Josh before you start” Lucy says taking a sip of her wine. “You have ever right to be worried. Just remember that we all are feeling the same way” she says. “She fooled us for so long. What if she does it again?” he asks. “Then you got to know that it’s not your fault. You can’t blame yourself” I say and the table goes quiet.

“Easier said than done” Josh says. “I know. But I also know that you have to leave people make their own decision and mistakes” I say. “Cristiano is right. She’ll end up hating us if we try and control her” Elena says.

“What should we do?” Josh asks me. I don’t say anything. “No come on. Since you are such an expert. What should we do?” he asks. “Josh” Lucy says sternly. “No Lucy, it’s ok. I’m not an expert. But I know what it is like to have someone you love be so addicted on something that they care about more than you” I say. “Can we change the subject please? I love Tina but maybe a different topic is best” Luke says.
“So normal so” Elena says. “You normal never” Jack teases. “How do we treat her normal?” Josh asks looking straight at me.

Why did I open my mouth?

“Don’t treat her like glass. Like she’s going to break. It will drive her crazy and you” I say. “Does the worry ever go away?” he asks. “No. Even though my brother is “a dickhead” Lucy mumbles. “Yes that. I still don’t want to ever see him like he was” I say trying to block out moments from the past.

Lucy squeezes my hand and I give her a small smile. “Right before we change the subject just one question. What are you going tell Tina about Lucy and Cris” Jack asks. “Not sure. But we’ve” she says. “She means Elena, Josh and I” I say looking at her. I loved that she wanted to tell her. But we thought it was best not to for a while. “I wait a while. Leave her get settled back in” Lucy says. “Bet she’ll be firey” Jack says. “Jack” Elena says. “What. Every time I’ve met her she’s yelled at me” he says. “That’s because you are a moran” Elena says. “And you’re having dinner with me. SO what does that make you?” he smirks.

“Just make sure you don’t tell her around his car” Jack says and I burst out laughing with him. “That is not funny” Lucy says looking between us. “Why are men such idiots?” Elena asks. “Who knows” Lucy says grinning. “Hey it was your boyfriend that said that not me” I say to Elena and I get a sharp licks in my legs. “Oww. What was that for?” I ask. “Accident” Elena says. “What she means is herself and Jack haven’t had the boyfriend/ girlfriend chat yet” Luke says and Josh and Lucy laugh. “Oh right” I say confused. “Although maybe they should have it now” Josh smirks. “Stop it Josh” Lucy says as Jack and Elena both shift in their seats.

“Make sure you have plenty of bananas and ice-cream in the apartment Lucy” Luke says changing the subject. “Oh now that’s one thing I haven’t missed. Her strange eating habits” Lucy says. “She puts real bananas, sprinkles and marmalade on her ice cream” Lucy says to me making a face. “Ick” I say. “Exactly” Lucy says. “Hey you eat strange things too” Josh says to Lucy.

“No she just eats everything” I say. “I like my food. Sue me” she says. “Lacey always put chocolate sauce over her grapes and then put sugar on top. I never understood why” Lucy says. “And that was a chick who used to run track” Elena says. Lucy phone rings and she excuses herself from the table. “I know it’s rude. But I’ve a cutie to say goodnight to” Lucy says to Josh before heading to a different room. “She’s talking about my nephew” I say. “You hope” Jack says and I frown. “Of course it’s Rodrigo” Elena says swatting my arm.

“She spoke about Lacey” Josh says. “Ya” I say. “She doesn’t speak much about her” he says. “She been talking a little more about her lately” I shrug. “She’s really come out of her shell lately” Josh says. “What do you mean?” I ask. “She’s not a closed off as she normal is” he says. “She’s happier” Elena says. “And I intend to keep it that way” I say and smile as Lucy walks back into the room.

“This is weird” she says staring at the ceiling. “What is?” I ask. “Being here in this bed. I’m so used to been in yours” she says rolling to face me. “I knew you always liked my bed but having withdrawal symptoms isn’t right” I say and she giggles. “Well maybe I liked who was in the bed with me” she says. “I remember the first night I stayed in this bed. I never thought I’d be here again” I say. “A lot has changed since then. You’re not doing anything stupid anymore” she says.

“Really wasn’t my best decision turning up at your office that day” I say. “No it wasn’t. I was so angry at you that night. But I couldn’t sleep. I guess I need to know you were near me. That’s the only reason I can think of why I allowed you to stay here that night” she says. “At least I get to hold you this time” I say wrapping my arms around her waist. “And every other time” she says.

“That’s if Tina wants me here” I say. “Cris. I don’t know how she’ll react but I do know I want to be with you. And nothing is going to change that” she says kissing me. “You sure” I ask. “Yes. Now back to this holding me thing. Surely this bed deserves the same attention as your bed” she smirks.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Lucy's friends are getting to know more about Cristiano. Will Tina be as nice to him when she comes back.

Thanks to kalamnamuhs123, Piper13_89 and Jayme112234 for their interesting comments.

Jayme112234 - Who would blame Josh for fancying Cristiano if he did lol.