Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

"Fairies aren't real! Stop dreaming of such things!" my stepmom yelled out at me when I was four. She grabbed my fairy doll I was playing with and smashed it against the wall.

"No!" I scream out, with tears soon to fill my eyes.

"Worthless brat!" she grabbed me by my hair and threw me in the closet, as I cried.

I couldn't tell my dad, he wouldn't believe me. He never did, because he thought the woman he married, was the one for him. After my mom passed away, all the life and fun, was sucked out of the house. Soon as he got married, it felt like I couldn't breath in any place in the house, but my room.

As tears streamed down my face, I wanted a fairy to appear just to prove her wrong, but none came to me. That was the day, that I finely came to my since, that fairies weren't real and they never would be. "I don't believe in fairies," I tell myself out load and from that day on my heart filled with ice of the imaginary world that I held on to, so tightly as a child.

Years later, something in my life changes and the life I locked away years ago, from when I was four come flooding at me all at once. Can I handle things, as they come at me or do I run and hide?