Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

Broken Wing

They were there, they were all frozen, but there they were. Some wings are around their bodies, as others wings are up in the air, as if they are about to take off. "Are they alive?" I ask the girl.

"After you bring them back to life, they we will be alive again," she tells me, keeping a close eye on me.

"I don't know how to do that," I say stopping as I trace the outside of a man wings.

"Sure you do, I mean you are the all hope for all of us!" she cries out.

"I'm a washout," I tell her, and having the feeling that I've been saying that a lot lately.

"What?!" she cries out and looks at Jake for help.

"She getting better," he tells her, as he hugs his wings close to his body.

"You're getting cold, your wings weren't made for this cold weather." the girl tells him.

"I'm fine," he tells her.

Walking back to him, I feel his wings, they are like ice under my fingertips. "We need to find out where to go next, then we have to leave, your wings won't hold up much longer." pulling my family book open, I flip it open and go through the pages, until I'm at the page of my family member that should be next, but their face isn't clear. "Wake up!" I yell at the page, but it does nothing.

"Is that the family book of your people?" the girl reaches for the book, but I keep it out of her reach.

"Who are you any ways?" I ask.

"Kimmy, the Keeper of your people,"

"Well Kimmy, you don't get to touch the book," closing it, I put it back in my bag and look back at the frozen family members.

-Your wings,- a whisper of a voice says in my head.

"My wings?"

Jake walks right up behind me. "Your wings have healing powers, I don't know how strong they are, but they could maybe unfreeze them."

"Okay, so do I just out reach my wings or something?" I ask him.

He steps away from me and makes a motion with his hands and a gust of air hits me. "Reach them up as high as you can," he tells me.

Opening my wings, I reach my wings out until my back starts hurting and just as Jake hands move air around me, I send one big gust of wind at the frozen family members. With as much push as I give it, I almost think they are going to fall over. Flapping my wings one last time, a bright gold light comes out of my wings and hits the frozen family members.

Going down on my knees, I pant as my back screams in pain. "Are you okay?" Jake asks, placing his hand on my back, then only to pull his hand back and to look at it. "You're bleeding,"

"I'm fine," I tell him, then we slowly stand up, with his help.

We watch as the ice starts to slowly drip off their bodies. My bag starts to thrash in my back, then it's free and a woman fairy shows up, in an old dress maybe from the fifties. "Spread your wings and embrace what shall come for you. Go to where one dear lies and embrace their love," then she gone.

Jake looks at me and back up in the air, as the book flies into my hands. "Did you understand any of that?"

"Yeah," I say softly.

A gust of wind, throws us back sending us a cross the room into ice, where it starts to go around our bodies. "Who are you?!" the man asks, in a suite that a guy would party in.

"Audrey, I am the same type of Fairy as you are," I try to shift my wings, but they are stuck.

"Hardly," the man looks away from me, only to look at Kimmy. "Where have you been?"

"Waiting for her to wake you up sir," she tells him.

The man looks back at me. He looks me up and down and then looks at me wings, that are like a rainbow that moves under the ice. "Are you Audrey, one of my grandchildren?"

-One of his grandchildren? Does that mean, there are more of us then I thought?- "Yes,"

He snaps his fingers and the ice around our bodies melts away. "Where is your mother?" he asks, looking down at us.

"Dead," wrapping my wings around my body, I look over at Jake to see how he is doing. "We are in a hurry, bad Farias are after us and we need help. Are there more of our people some where?"

He shakes his head. "What you see is the last. Seven is all,"

-Lucky seven,- "Do you know any other Farias that would help us?"

He looks back to the others and shakes his head, then they all melt away into the ice. "They will get help," he then looks at Jake. "You are not fit to be here boy, leave,"

"I am sworn to protect her,"

"You? Your people were those of many that killed many of my family. You are lucky I don't kill you here and now. But the cold will do my dirty work,"

"What is that supposed to me?" I ask.

Look at Jake, his left wing is cracking. "His wings will chip off, and it will be painful,"

Wrapping my wing around his back, my back screams in pain. "Please get other Fairies ready, I don't know when the battle is going to come, but we need all the help we can get,"

"If you leave, you will die," he tells me.

"Better to fight, then to hide scared,"

He glares at me, then looks at Kimmy. "Go with them, keep me updated on everything,"

She scurries over to us. "When did your heart become so full of ice? I remember you smiling," a portal appears bellow us and then we are gone.