Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

Black Wings

It was getting worse. Jake wing was starting to shed into pieces, as we hide away in an old cottage, as a healer works on his wings. He winces in pain every now and then, as she works on his back. "You child, are to young for this to happen," she clicks her tong and shakes her head, as she dips her finger nails in something green that clings to them. "Do you not know how to heal yet child?" she doesn’t look at me, as she works on his wings.

"I'm new," I tell her softly.

She humps at me, and dips her fingers in the gunk again. "Your family is old. How are you new at this?" she asks me, then shakes her head. "Don't say a word, if they come looking for you, they will use their mind powers on me and I will tell them all."

"So how can we trust you?" Jake asks, but winces as soon as she grabs to pieces of his wings and smash them together and put the green gunk on them.

"I am older healer, so I know tricks, but my tong will not forever hold." she tells me, then glances over at Kimmy, as she eats in the kitchen. "That one I wouldn’t trust," she says softly. "She is one of beast in your form, she will turn as soon as she is told." she tells us.

I look over at Kimmy as she eats and eats. "How can you be sure?" I whisper.

She gives me a crooked smile. "Family old, but you are just young. You lost your way, just as your people. You are learning through. Lesson with your magic and not your head, your magic will protect you and end the war. Be ready for blood shed," she tells me, as she grabs a big peace of Jake wing and puts it with its other half, but there is still a piece missing. "You will have to sleep in a cocoon, if you wish to fly again."

Jake grunts, as she finishes up his wing. "Figures," he grumbles. "Do you have one?" he asks standing up.

She shakes her head. "In the back, you will have to rest and not fight until you are fully healed." she tells him.

"I can't leave her defenseless," he tells her.

"I can handle myself, so don't worry. Rest, we won't leave without you,"

He crosses his arms over his chest. "What will 'you' be doing in the mean time?"

His eyes never waver from my face. "Read and stuff,"

"The stuff is what worries me," he looks at the old woman. "Will you protect her?"

She stands up, with her cane in hand. "She is our only hope for a brighter future, so yes boy I will protect her until my old heart gives up. Now go rest," she waves her hand at him, making him move on.

He goes into the back room, closing the door behind him. The old woman looks me over and holds out her hand. "What?"

"Show me your wing now,"

"It's fine now," I tell her, though I know it's a lie, my wing hasn't stopped hurting since we got here. Jake took us here, cause he knew this woman back in the day.

She frowns at me. "Do not lie to me child, now come over here,"

Taking in a deep breath, I let it out and get up. I turn my back to her, so she can look at me wing. She traces it, sending chills down my spine. "You are as they say you are, your wings are still changing, but they won't change with a half broken wing," she tells me.

I watch, as she picks up her cane and taps my wing with the end of it. She does it a couple of times, then put it back down on the ground. "I didn't feel anything," I tell her.

"Course not, your powers are much stronger than any others. When your powers fully awaken, your wings will turn full gold, showing who you are," she tells me.

"How do you know this?" Kimmy asks coming into the room.

The old woman looks at Kimmy, with a frown on her face. "Old soul, knows all." she tells her, then goes into the kitchen. "Look around child, you will find what you look for here. But be careful, night fall comes and no friends you will find," she tells me.

Kimmy leads the way outside. "What do you think she was meaning?" she asks as soon as we are outside.

I shrug my shoulders. "I've sort gotten use to everything and everyone wanting to kill me." I tell her, then we go on, to who knows where.

~~~~

Perched on a tree limb, I look down to the ground, just looking around. The sun is only hours away from setting. -What am I supposed to look for?- I ask myself and just out of habit, I pull out my family book. "Do any of you have anything to say?" I wait a few seconds and then stuff the book, back in my bag. "Of course not," I grumble.

Stepping off the tree limb, I float down to the ground. Wrapping my wings around my body, I look around. The sunlight is beaming through the tree's, point somewhere. But where?

Looking around, I'm alone. Kimmy ran off somewhere. So I make it my chance to be alone and follow the sunlight. The walk isn't long or it is, and I don't notice, cause there is only an hour of sunlight left. Before my dad shut me out, he taught me how to tell time, even if I didn’t have a watch or a cell phone.

The sunlight rays look as if they have stayed in the same place. They shine down on a big head stone, with markings I don't understand. The stone is big enough, it could be a door.

Fluttering up on the stone, I rip away the vines and look it all over. None of the words make since to me. If anything they look like random markings. Placing my hand on the stone, it starts to glow, then I am sent off the rock and land on my butt, as light comes out of the stone and there stands my dead mom.

Looking up at me, she smiles a little at me. "Audrey, look how big you have gotten," she says.

"Mom?" she shakes her head. "How is this possible?"

"Magic, but we don't have time for that now. Do you know what you have to do?"

"Fight, win and all will be better?"

She shakes her head. "Yes and find your father," she tells me.

"He's back in the human realm, most likely have another child with another woman," I tell her.

She shakes her head. "He wasn't your real father. I loved that man yes, but I was already pregnant with you at the time."

"So who is my dad?"

The sun is setting, it's rays are fading. "You know him," she tells me, then she gone.

The sunlight is all gone now, and only darkness is left. Looking around me, my body is alert and I know I'm not alone. "Come out then!" I yell.

Figures with glowing eyes, surround me in a flash. "Master want's you," a voice says.

"He will not rest, till he has you," another says.

"Your knight, will not save you," a third voice says.

"He rests and you will be lost to him this night, like all the others," another voice says.

They jump on me, pinning me down. "We will kill them all, after we are done with you," a voice says against my ear.

Images of blood flashes in my mind. "Stay away from them," I tell the creatures as they tug on my wings to open them.

"They will die,"

"They will taste so good,"

"I said stay away from them!" I scream and then they are off of me with in a flash. I hold my wings up in the air and they are as black as the night around us. "I will not let any of you live!" I sprint up into the air and a gust of wind hits them and something else, but it's to dark to know what hit them. All I can make out, that maybe they are spheres.

A scream fills the air and quickly I fly back to the house. The house front door is busted down. The old woman is on the ground, as Kimmy stands in front of the door Jake is behind. Fairies with dark wings, with knife stand in the house. "You came, you shouldn't girl," the old woman.

The male on top of her, grabs her hair and pushes her face into the floor. "Be quiet, you old hag" he snaps.

Kimmy looks away from those around her, to look at me. "Your wings,"

I glance at my wings, they are pitch black, with silver outlines, almost looking like a universe. "She stronger than thought," one of them says.

She is right, my body is more alive. It's practically vibrating with power. "Awaken my knight and be fully healed. Come to your future Queen side," I say, looking at the door.

Within seconds, the door opens and Jake walks out of the room. He is buffer and his wings are fully healed, and they are as dark as mine, but the silver is more manly. Those around the door back up quickly. "Shit, he didn’t tell us, she could transfer her powers to others," the man on top of the old healer says.

"That's right, now leave!" I order, hoping that this new found courage will make them leave.

They quickly back off. "Please, spare us. He said he would pay us, if we killed everyone and took you back to him. Please, let us stay with you. If we don't he will kill us," one of them says.

I reach up my wings and they wince, as if I just slapped them. I make eye contact with them and with one big flap of my wings, I send them backwards into the wall. The old woman looks between them and me, as Kimmy helps her stand up. "You will help them? You are either stupid or smart, I don’t know which more." she says, as Kimmy gives her, her cane.

I shrug my shoulders. "A little of both," I look back at Jake. "How are you feeling?"

He makes fists and looks over his body, "A lot better," he looks at his wings. "But why are my wings different?"

The old woman, snaps her fingers, making her door go back up and closing. "It's one of her new powers. You are the knight of darkness now, her change allowed you to make a royal step, so you wouldn’t be looked down at." She then looks at me. "Your moods will be different until you make the last change, so be ready to be cranky,"

"So it'll be like the time of the month?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "Awesome," I grumble.

My family book comes out of my back and it opens, to a small child not older than five. "Audrey, elements we are. Find our truser in four lands in one." he riddles. "Children laughter and lost songs, will take you there. But stand tall, time has run out for us all, so fight and win." then he is gone.

I look at everyone in the room, but those that are knocked out. "Anyone understand that?"

They shake their heads no.

"Awesome," I grumble to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since I haven't updated this story in such a long time, I thought I should make it long. Hope you all like it. Let me know what your thoughts are please.