Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

Who My Parents?

"Watch out!" I yell out at the fairies sitting together, as they laugh. They scatter soon as they see me, so I can crash land into soft grass that wasn't there a mint ago. "Thank you Jake!" I yell out, as I get my face out of the leafs.

"Welcome!" he yells from above, as he sits on his deck that goes around his large tree house.

I've been here at the fairy training boot camp for a few days now. Jake told me, that this place is made up, for those of us that had no idea that we were fairy to start with. I've asked Jake at least once, if he was an unknowing fairy, but he never told me.

Getting out of the leafs, I flutter my wings to shake the leafs off of them. "Can I do something else, please? I'm bad at flying,"

"You got that right!" many of the fairies say at once.

Looking over my shoulder, I shoot them a glare. "Thanks everyone," then I look back up at Jake. "Really, can I please do something else?"

He puts down his book and looks down at me. "If you can fly your happy little butt up here, you can do something else."

Jake sort like the leader here, he's a hard ass to a lot of the kids here, but he's nice to me more then most. Taking a deep breath, I focuses my mind of flapping my wings. "Come on," I say through my teeth, I get a few inches off the ground.

"Oh just put her out of her misery and rip the wings off her back!" someone yells out.

I focus hard on flapping my wings. "Come on Audrey!" Jake yells out.

-I'm trying, I'm trying, but hearing them say those words aren't helping.- Having to hear what they say, is like lessoning to my step mom all over again. My wings start to flap harder. -No, I wont let them talking about me anymore, I wont turn back and feel cold and dead inside. Not again!- Before I know it, I'm hovering in front of Jake.

He claps his hands, with a big smile on his face. "Good job, now on to your next task," he looks down at everyone. "Everyone, go do your choric!" he orders out, they quickly go do whatever they are needed to do, then he looks back at me. "Now you, my little butterfly, you get to organize the library, be warned no one been down there in a long time.

/\

Walking into the stuffy library, I look around, there books all over the place and none on the book shelves. "Wow, this is going to be totally worse then flying lessons." groaning, I pull out my iPod and the speaker, placing them together it starts playing Avicii--Wake Me Up. "Lets get this over with," I tell my self, stretching out my fingers, I get to work.

/\

I don't know how much time passes. I had gotten at least half of the right side done. "Ugh, I'm so going to kick Jake ass for having me do this," I groan out, as I grab a book, but this book catch my eye, which none of the others did. The cover has a family tree on it, the faces are worn, but there is one face that I can see. It's a picture of me. "What in the world is this?" sitting down on the ground, I start to flip through pages, of history of how the family came to being and other random crap.

I soon get to the page that should show my parents me. I see myself, but as for my parents---there no pictures at all. "What the hell?!" I yell out and put the book down. "Well that made no since at all," getting up, I dust myself off and make the choice to be done for the day. Grabbing my iPod and speaker, I leave to go see Jake and talk to him about the book.

/\

It takes maybe an hour till I find him seating up dishes for dinner. He notices me, waving at me, giving me a smile. "Hey, how was the books?"

"I got mostly done, I got a question." he shakes his head. "I found a book in the library with a family tree on it, with me in it. I looked through pages, then when I came to my picture, I didn't see the pictures of my parents. Why is that?"

He is hesitant, as if he is picking his words carefully. "Lesson Audrey, there something you should know. You were adopted,"

"What?!"

He shakes his head. "Your real parents dropped you off at your parents door step and that was that. After that happened, I was put in charge to find you, but I wasn't really able to find you till now."

"So how do I find out, who they are? All the faces were to hard to make out, so I couldn't figure out who they were, even then names were scribbled out."

He wraps his arms around me. "I don't know, but," he pulls away giving me a smile. "I promise, I'll help you as best as I can."