Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

Dad

I've been at the Fairy compound for a little over a month now. I've been getting home sick, Jake knows this, but he doesn't want me to see my dad. He says that it's dangers, because when there was one Hunter, soon more would come and try to kill us. But I can't stay away without checking in and see how life is going.

Standing a cross the street from my old house, no one can see me. My wings are draped around my body, so no one can see me. Yes it's still taking me longer to get all the tricks and powers down, but I'm getting there.

Dad comes out the front door, my step mom kiss him as he walks down the stairs and gets in his car to head to work. My step mom is bigger then before. My heart tells me to follow bad, but there part of me that tells me not to follow him, that I should find out what my step mom is up to. So I go by my gut and go to the house and faze through the door as she closes the door behind her.

The house is still the same, nothing is new. She walks into the living room, so I follow behind her but not close enough she can feel me behind her. If she feels me and touches me, then she can see me, so I make sure that I am a good few feet away from her. She picks up the phone and calls someone. "The baby is doing good. He will be here soon." she goes silent longer then a few seconds. "No, she hasn't shown up." she pulls out a large knife, a bigger knife then the kitchen knifes. "Don't worry, if she shows up, she won't be among the living for much longer."

Quickly walking out of the house, I look all over the place for someone. Anyone! But no one is around, but I trust my gut and not remove my wings around my body. Running down the sidewalk, dad work is at least ten blocks away, but since growing my wings, it seems that I run faster then before.

Sooner then I expect it I'm at dad work. The building is as I remember it, its one of those buildings with all glass windows. Crouching down in the bushes I force my wigs to go in my back, then I put my hood over my head, put my hands in my pocket and keep my head down as I walk in. Writing a fake name on the visitor list, I go to the elevator and ride it up on the top level alone.

The elevator doors open, so I walk out of it and walk down the hallway, still keeping my head down. I stop in front of dad door, he's on the phone as he holds a picture frame that I can't see. -Dad.- I want to open the door. I want to run in there and give him a hug. I want to tell him about the life I never knew about, but I can never say anything and I really can't ask him who my real parents are. If I asked him about my real parents are, if he knew who they were, I think it would crush him, just for me knowing that I was adopted.

He looks up from looking at the picture frame. His eyes find me. He drops the phone the floor and drops the picture frame on the desk, he quickly gets up from his desk and quickly runs to the door. Taking steps far back enough my back hits the wall, as he opens the door. "Audrey," his voice sounds like sandpaper, as if it pains him to say my name.

"Hi daddy," for the life of me, I force the tears I feel in my eyes not to come out. I could never let them out in front of him, I had grown not to cry in front of him, I know how it bothers him to see a girl cry. I can remember when my step mom was going through her mood swings more when she was pregnant he would have me deal with her weird crying moments.

He walks closer to me, he holds out his arms, as if he wants to give me a hug. "We've missed you so much,"

Shaking my head, it's a lie what he just said. I don't think he ever seen his wife really act the way she does around me. "You missed me dad, she didn't miss me."

"Audrey, can we please not go there right now." he gives me a hug, I want to give in, but I can't. "I've missed you so much," he whispers to me.

"I've missed you to," I tell him.

He pulls away, giving me a big grin. "Let's go get something eat, then we can go shopping."

Growing up, dad tried to keep a normal day of daddy, daughter day together. But in the last few years, we haven't been able to do that. "I can't stay dad,"

"Yes you can, your my daughter." he gets that stern look in his eyes.

"I know dad, but I'm doing---through something, that won't allow me to stay here."

His face turns hard. "So, you are doing drugs."

"Drugs?"

He shakes his head. "Why else, would you had left?"

Looking away from him, I want to curl up in a small ball. "There is another reason dad, but I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

I hear the click, before my eyes lay on the man with the crossbow. "Found you," it's the same hunter from before, but he has an eye patch this time.

Grabbing dad, I get him behind me, as the bow is freed and almost hits me. "Fine you found me, now leave him alone."

"I will, he's not who I'm after."

Dad comes around me, blocking the man with the cross bow as he reloads. "What the hell do you think you are doing?!" he orders out.

"That thing you stand in front of is a Fairy. I'm a Fairy Hunter and I will kill her," he tells dad.

"What the hell are you talking about?! This is my daughter!"

I try to get past him, but he puts his hand out in front of me stopping me. "Dad, you have to stay out of this, there is things that you don't understand and I would rather keep it this way."

He gives me a strong look, that says he wont back down. "You are my daughter and no damn creeper with a crossbow is going to hurt you!"

I love my dad, don't get my wrong, but I pick his safety over my life any day. "Dad, I love you, but you have to understand that I'm not your baby girl anymore. I'm more grown up then you know it," I put my hand on his arm, then he starts to fall asleep. Catching him, I ease him down on the floor. "I shouldn't come back, like I was told, but I had to check up on you. Dad before I go, I have to tell you, that the woman you married, wants to kill me."

"Audrey,"

Kissing him on the four head, two tears stream down both my eyes going down my nose as one large tear, that hits his four head. "Bye daddy," then he passes out. Standing up, I glare at the Hunter. "You got me, there is nothing standing in your way, so kill me."

He puts the cross bow away. "There no need for that now, as long as you behave yourself."

"What do you want with me?"

He grabs my wrist and pulls me down the hallway to the elevator. "Personally I want nothing with you, but there is some people that do want to meat you."

"Who?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Recommend?
Subscribe?
Comments?