Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

Damn Hero's

The old man looks at the younger guy. "This one isn't very bright."

The younger guy shrugs his shoulders, which pisses me off cause they are talking about me, as if I'm not in the room. "I'm right here."

The old man says nothing to me, as if I had said nothing. "Dave, go take her to the garden, she won't run away."

"How do you figure I won't run away?" I ask as the old man turns his back to leave the room.

"Because your new wings aren't use to lifting you up in the sky. If you can some how fly, it would only be for a few mints." he then leaves the room.

Dave looks at me and gives me a once over. "Do you want to go to the garden?"

Eyeing him as I get up, I have my wings drape around me, but not use my power to turn invisible. "Keep your sword to yourself."

Walking over to the door I go out into the hallway, as he puts his hand on the hilt of the sword. "I'll do my best."

/\

The garden is colorful and less likely to kill, considering the people in the mansion look like they would kill anything at any second with their swords and other weapons close at hand. Every person I walked past, looked like they were ready for war. "So why does everyone look like they are going to go to war any second?"

"Cause we are at war." Dave says dryly.

"Are you in a war against Fairies?"

"Among other things."

Going over to some flowers, I smell them and feel their life force. "Your flowers are really happy."

"What?"

Giving him a small smile, I walk on with him following behind me. "It's one of my talents that I don't totally suck at. I can hear what planets say, if they have something to say."

"What else can you do?" he starts walking beside me.

"Not a lot in all truth, they call me a wash out cause I suck as a Fairy. But I'm learning." going deeper into the woods, the sunlight seams brighter here for some reason.

"Why are you the only person in your family that is a Fairy?"

"Apparently I'm adopted and come to find out, the woman my dad is married to, is one of you people and she will raise the baby that is growing inside of her, just like you people."

Coming to a creak, he jumps over first and holds out his hand. Taking it, I jump right over and we keep walking. "The woman that your dad is with, isn't one of us. She is a trader, she wants to kill all Fairies."

"So do you." I state the fact to him, as if it doesn't even matter.

"No, there is a difference between us and that group, that your step mom is with. We simply want to stop all you Fairies to stop pulling us into your trap. As they want to kill and dissect Fairies and figure out, everything they can."

"I don't really see the difference."

He is about to open his mouth, but a siren cuts him off. Jumping into action, he grabs my hand and we start to run. "They found you. Did you send them some sort of signal?"

"Again, I suck as a Fairy." we come to a down slope with mood. "Oh please tell me, we are going down that."

"Yep," he picks me up in his arms and goes down the slope, which makes me hold on for dear life and push down the screaming in my throat.

Soon as we are off the mud slope and I am out of his arms, I glare up at him. "Don't do that again."

With in a flash, he has his hand over my mouth. "Do me a favor and shut up, hearing you talk is like the best thing in the world to my ears. I promise after I get you away from here, I will tell you everything I knew about everything. So for the time being, please shut up."

"That's no way to talk to one of the last few Changer Fairies." turning around Jake and a few of the others are standing in front of us, looking deadly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask pulling Dave hand away from my mouth.

"To come get you," Jake moves his wings and flutters them, then I am at his side without even moving. "Let's go." he puts his arms around my waist.

"No Jake, I don't want to go home yet."

"They are monsters Audrey, they have killed are kind for hundreds of years." Jake looks back at Dave, as he draws his sword. "You will never find her again." wind picks up around us and as we start to become one with the wind, I hear Dave yell my name and someone else.

/\

We arrive back at the hideout. Quickly everyone splits up and starts to move stuff around, as if we are going to move locations. Jake keeps his arm formally around my waist, as he flies up to his house and takes me into the house.

Soon as we are in the house, I get away from him. "I didn't want to leave Jake, they knew what I was and they might know who my parents are."

"I don't care Audrey, your blood line of Fairy has been disappearing, for all I know you are the last Changer. You have to be protected and then you have to get married and have more Changer children, your kind of Fairy is the only kind, that can make the Hunters go away forever."

Anger swells in my belly. "First off, I am not getting married at my age. Secondly, they had answers and so you had no right to dragooning everyone into that sort of mess and taking me away."

Walking away from him, he grabs my arm. "Audrey."

"Stay away from me, you damn hero. If you haven't noticed, I was in no sort of danger." getting out of his grip, I leave his house and go to the library.