Status: New story

I Don't Believe in Fairies, So How Am I One?

Family Tree

We moved because Jake said we had to, just because he thought the Hunters would find us and kill us, just because of me. Well he didn't say because of me, but you could tell on everyone face that it was because of me. We didn't even know that for a fact, if they knew where we were at. But I guess its better to be safe then sorry.

Jake said to leave the books, the trees would hide the library, but I couldn't leave my family tree book, so stashed it in my back pack. Jake used some sort of magic to move everyone stuff to the new location, but he said that the magic doesn't work on everything. For some reason, I can't help but think he is lying about that, but I don't question it.

As we fly through the air, Jake drops back to me and tries to get me to talk to him. "I'm doing this for everyone safety." he tells me.

"Don't talk to me." I tell him, then I flutter on ahead of him. I've learned that if I keep my mind on my wings and nothing else, it makes flying a lot better.

"Audrey please, I don't want you to hate me." he says in a voice that sounds like he is in pain, but he looks fine, he is just trying to get me to talk to him.

As we keep flying, the clouds move apart and soon we can see the new place that we can call "home" or at least for now, till Jake tells us to move. I don't know how many times he had everyone move, but I'm already tired of moving around. Flying down, I have to quickly flutter my wings as fast as I can, as I hover above the ground so I don't land on my butt.

An older looking Fairy woman comes out to great us, she dressed in a silver dress, with her gray hair down. She smiles at all of us. "Welcome everyone, please make yourselves at home." when she looks around at all of us, her eyes land on me. "Audrey I would like to talk to you right quick."

-Great not here five mints and I've been called out in front of everyone, What else could go wrong?- as everyone goes their way Jake follows close to me. "Go find your house where you are going to go stay, I can take care of myself." I grumble to him as I walk over to the woman side. "What did you need to talk to me about?"

She looks over at Jake. "You can go now Jacob, there is no need for you to hear the things I need to talk to Audrey about. Your house is the one with the most glow apples." she shoes him away like a bug and I can't help but think that is fitting for him, since he has been bugging the crap out of me all the way here. "Shall we?" she starts to walk on back to the way she came, so I walk beside here. "So I understand that you have found out what sort of Fairy you are."

"Yes, now the next task is to find my parents. If they are still alive that is." I tell her, as I adjust my bag.

"You know the Changer Fairies are a dying bread, you do understand that it's possible that you are the last Changer Fairy?" I can't help but shake my head. "Your Fairy blood line is royalty. Did you know that?"

"No."

"Well it is. For that past few hundreds of years, the Changer Fairies have been hunted down, just because they can make them selves look more human and can change their abilities. Hunters killed a lot of the Changer Fairies off, but even our own people started killing Changers off, just because they believed that the Changers were to dangerous and could do anything that they wanted."

"That's scary to think about. But I'm not good at being a Fairy, it's been taking me longer then everyone to fly and everything. Jake said that everyone has their own talent, But I don't know what mine could be."

She is quite for a minuet, as if she is picking her words carefully. "I believe your talent lays in finding your family or at least finding out what your people are all about." she stops in front of a tree with flowers covering it. "This is your house, go rest, it's been a long trip I'm sure."

"Thank you." she then leaves me and flies off to go do whatever she does.

/\

That night I didn't leave my over sized tree house, even though there was a party mostly outside my door and down the tree. I didn't feel like being around people at the time being. Instead I stared at my family book and just looked at the faces I couldn't see or the names or birthdays. -This is going to be hard.- I think to myself as I look at the first couple pages.

Laying it down on the sofa, I glare at it, just daring it to do something other then give me nothing. Which all it has done was give me nothing. "Tell me who my family are," I tell it and in response it says nothing at tells me nothing. Slamming it close, I can't help but yell at it. "Fine be that way! See if I care!" I get off the sofa and stomp over to the kitchen to find something to eat and just grab something random that looks good to eat.

As I am about to walk back to the sofa, a cold chilling wind comes through the open windows and whips around me like a cold claw. The book flies open and flips to the first page and then I see a I figure of the person on the first page. "Start from the beginning, to find what you want." then they are gone and so is the cold wind.

It takes me a mint to run everything I just seen, then the bloody curly screams comes out my throat. Less then two seconds pass, when Jake and other guy Fairies come into my house. "What happened?!" one of the guys asks, pulling out his sword.

Jake rushes to me and wraps his arms around me. "Audrey what happened?"

"I just seen a dead person," I whisper out, still looking at the spot that I seen the ghost of a dead family member.

The others look around and quickly leave, slamming the door behind them, as if to say never scream again. "What do you mean you seen a dead person?" he looks me over, to make sure that I am really okay.

"As in a dead person, they are someone from my family. They said start from the beginning. What does that mean?" He is quite a minute and I know there is something he is with holding from me. "Jake I can see it on your face, what does that mean? You know what it means."

He takes in a deep breath and then lets it out. "Sleep tonight and I will take you there in the morning, but get up really early we can't let anyone know what we left." he then kisses me on the forehead and leaves.

Not wanting to deal with my family book anymore, I just go to my room, close the door and lock it.
♠ ♠ ♠
What does everyone think of the new chapter?