Poltergeist

Sweet Pain of Loss

Amy collapsed on the side of the park. She could feel the numbing sensation of death creeping up her legs as she faded. She called out and the only ones that heard or even saw her was a couple of boys that were around the age of 12. They came over and asked "hey lady are you ok?"
Amy smiled innocently. She knew her time was up and she had to tell someone. She took off her Asgardian bracelet and tried to hand it to the closest boy. Her hand fell and she closed her eyes. "Take this to the Avengers mansion." She said opening her eyes again.
"We know where that is" one boy said.
"Why?" The other asked.
"Tell the Ghost and Thor that Amethyst is sorry." She was fading fast. "Tell Jason that I love him. Please, tell uncle that I never meant to hurt him." She closed her eyes for the last time and the last thing she felt was the weight of the bracelet being removed from her hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay was leaving the mansion for good. He was done, no more Avengers, no more......Amy. He saw 2 kids waving at him from the gate. As he walked over he saw them holding a gold and silver bracelet. "Why do you have the phantom's bracelet?"
"Please don't be mad Mr. Ghost?" The said. "She wanted us to give it to you. Where's Thor?"
"Where is she?!" Jay asked.
"In the park" they said
"Show me" he said. The kids led him to where she was. His heart dropped as he saw her laying in the snow. "AMY!" He called and dropped down by her... She was flickering like a broken projection. He tried to touch her but he phased right though. "No Amy!" He cried. Tears came to eyes as he thought about her. "Amy don't leave me..... Please I need you" he started to cry as she faded away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy had died. She had been separated for a month... Way to long for her. She saw her as a blue spirit fading away and Jay, crying over her. She let her tears fall. Looking down, she saw her hand barely visible. She was a spirit. This was not an ability or a spell; this was reality. She was dead and was now a true wandering spirit. As she saw Jay cry she tried to speak to him. "I'm right here baby. Jay. Baby I'm right here" but her words fell on deaf ears. Jay left, broken and miserable, leaving the bracelet to rust in the cold winter snow.
Amy got up and picked it up. Looking behind her, she saw no trace that she was there at all. Not footprints, none at all. She walked to the mansion, crying all the way. She saw Jay getting ready to leave. His face was stiff with pure grief and even hatred. She touched his shoulder but he felt nothing. He went to leave when Amy set the bracelet on the counter. He noticed it a minute later. Picking in up he started to cry again. "Amy....... I know you're there. Tell me one thing."
Amy sighed she listened as he asked the question.
"Your necklace was a tracker and a communicator. It turned on when you touched it. I heard you tell someone you loved me. W...... Was.... Was that..... True?"
Amy smiled though her tears. She picked up the dry erase marker and wrote on the fridge........ YES. She felt herself fade away as the underworld goddess called to her. "Good bye Jay. I love you baby" she thought.
Jay saw the word written on the fridge as the marker dropped he jumped. Tiger was swirling around his feet. Jay let his head fall on the counter. "She's gone buddy" he said. "She's really gone" He knew he had to tell the others; and he knew where they were headed. He had told them where Loki was. Tiger jumped up on his lap. In the big orange cat's mouth was Cookie. As he set her down, the kitten reached up to Jay's face. It touched a tear that had fallen. Jay picked her up and rubbed his face on her fur. "You gotta stay here" He squeaked. He got up, leaving most of his stuff. Mentally drained, he only had the strength to carry his duffle bag that was already on his shoulder. As he exited, he saw the helicarrier overhead. There they were, the awaiting victims of the new. Poor Thor, he loved Amy. Jay focused the rest his energy and felt himself lifting off the ground. He had discovered this new power when he spent the day with Amy. He flew to the deck and landed softly. Ironically, a few feet away was Thor. Staring off into space. Jay walked towards him and got an evil stare. "Why are you here betrayer?" Thor asked.
"I didn't betray you. Max did. I think he made Amy separate. I.... I saw her in the park...." He tried to hold the tears in.
"Where?" Thor asked, gaining some hope.
"Thor...." Jay said. He looked away, unable to face the god. "Amy's gone...... she faded away" He let the tears flow. "I'm sorry I... could do anything I couldn't even touch her. She was too far gone"
Thor was silent. Jay never told anyone, but he saw a tear escape that mighty thunderer. Thor walked over and put a hand on Jay's shoulder. The Ghost expected to be thrown from the ship. But instead, Thor said "Then let us honor her, by taking down Loki"
"Yes" Jay said. They walked in to tell the others. Jay was shaking as he told the story. 1/2 with sadness, 1/2 with anger at Max. It was barely noticeable but he could feel it. Now he knew how Amy felt when her mom died. Loki had taken everything from her, and Max took everything from Jay. Revenge was most defiantly on Jay's mind. For Amy, and him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Well well well" A feminine voice said. "You finally have come"
Amy looked up and saw a woman in black. It was Hel. The ruler of Helheim. The world of the dead.
"After all this fighting you finally give in" Hel laughed. "Amethyst.... sister"
"Nice to see you to.... I guess?" Amy said. She already knew about Hel from her uncle. However he never told her that Hel was also Loki's daughter. Amy found that out on her own.
"Who would have guessed?" Hel said. "You, a mortal, a Midgardian, could survive with Loki as your father"
"Surprise?" Amy said. "He's yours too ya know"
Hel leaned forward in her throne. "You do realize that I will not let you leave"
"I never said I wanted to leave. What's done is done. It's up to my family now"
"Interesting" Hel said. "Most that die young beg me to give them life again."
"The only thing I wish I could of done" Amy said. "Was tell Jay and Uncle I'm sorry" She sighed. "Other than that, I kinda don't care either way"
"Riddle me this mortal" Hel said. "Why fight all the time then finally quit? It really was a pathetic way to die."
"Yeah... It was." Amy said. "And I didn't quit. I tried to get up, but I could see anything"
"how.... pathetic" Hel said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Loki started laughing. "Now she is mine"
Max was so confused. "How is she yours if she's dead?"
"Imbecile!" Loki shouted. "I have a source that will bring Amethyst back. She will come back and her mind will belong to me"
Max blinked. "Yeah ok?"
Loki sighed impatiently. "Go and make sure the preparations are ready for their arrival!"
"Ok Boss" Max said and left.
Loki focused on Jotunheim. In front of his appeared the cold, snowy realm of the frost giants. Laufey, the ruler of this frozen world.
"My troops are ready" the frost giant said.
"Good" Loki replied. "The transporter is ready as well. Time to add Midgard to your rule"
Laufey let out an evil laugh and called his troops. They came through the portal by hundreds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Avengers raced for Loki's hide out. The sooner the better. They had found out that Loki was planning an attack from Jay (who still hadn't regained their trust).
As they arrived, they saw an army of frost giants surrounding the building.
"Oh Loki" Thor said. "What have you done brother"
Jay was under house arrest from lack of trust and imprisoned in his room. He didn't listen. Dropping his duffle bag, he phased though the floor and joined the fight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy accepted her fate and didn't argue with her so called sister. "I know I cannot leave and will not try" She said.
"You are very strange" Hel said. "You intrigue me"
"Um.... your welcome?" Amy said.
"You do not plead me to give you life and you accept you fate" No other mortal has done this.... but one."
"Who?" Amy asked.
"Captain Steve Rogers" Hel said. "He made a bargain to give me his soul if he died in battle."
"Whoa" Amy said. Steve was brave. "You already have my soul so making that bargain would be useless to me."
"Yes but you may be able to get me what I want" Hel said. She leaned back in her throne and smiled. "Max Turner"
Amy narrowed her eyes. "You want him? Take him"
"I wish I could" Hel said. "Thanks to Loki, he's immortal unless killed in battle. I do not foresee this happening soon." She frowned.
"Are you asking me to end him?" Amy asked.
"Perhaps" Hel said. "I want his soul. It is powerful and I want it. However, if he is killed in battle he will go to Valhalla and I will not get it."
Amy knew where this was going. "Ok fine. If you bring me back.... I'll bring you his soul"
Hel sat up again. "You are very intriguing." She said. "A few moments ago, you didn't wish to be returned."
"If it means Max lives, then forget it" Amy said. "If I live and he dies. Then let's make a deal"
"A deal" Hel said. She couldn't resist a deal. "I will give you life if you bring me his soul. If it goes to Valhalla. Then I will keep you"
"Deal" Amy said.
Hel laughed and Amy disappeared. She could begin to regain feeling in her chest as her heart began to beat again. She could feel the cold of the wind from the damp room her body was in. As she opened her eyes, light flooded in and she took her a breath. The first she's had in a month.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Loki smiled as his army came out of the portal. "Now to retrieve my blood" He said referring to Amy. As he focused on Helheim, Max came running in. "You did it Boss!"
Loki snapped out of his focus and turned to Max. "You moron"
"Boss?" Max asked, stepping away in fear. Loki had the scariest "I'm gonna kill you" face in the world.
"You interrupted me" Loki said, standing. "Why?"
"Amy's alive" Max said shrinking back.
"WHAT!?" Loki roared. He hadn't contacted Hel yet to bargain for Amy's soul. How was that girl alive?
"Didn't you say you'd bring her back Boss?" Max said.
Loki fumed inside but outside he kept his cool. "Yes. Retrieve her for me"
"Yes Boss" Max said and went for Amy.
As max entered the room he noticed Amy was gone. "Oh shit" he said and immediately went on the search. He found her 2 rooms over where her stuff had been stored. He IPod and the dagger Thor had given her.
"Hey Max" Amy chirped.
"Amy?" Max asked.
"Call me Amethyst" Amy said. "Or maybe Poltergeist. After the evil and mischievous spirit that possess people. It's kinda cool actually. A great nickname"
Max laughed. "Glad to have you back."
Amy put her dagger in the scabbard and put one of her earphones in. "Could you take me outside?"
"Um actually the Boss wanted to see you"
"Ok" Amy said. She followed Max down the hall. She smiled at how easily she tricked the hot head. She flipped through her songs and turned on "LIGHT 'EM UP by fall out boys.