Poltergeist

Revelations

After Natasha had explained to him about Loki, Clint agreed to call Director Fury. This was serious if Loki was involved.
"Did you hit her?" He asked.
Natasha shook her head. "No. I don't know why she fell."
Clint made a confused face and they went to call the Director.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy slowly woke up. "Max?" She looked around." Why I am in your house? Where my dog?" She sat up and rubbed her hand. "Why does my hand hurt?" After standing up and getting balanced she grabbed her head and started to look for Muttley. The white Lab came trotting up to her from the stairs. Amy looked at the hole in the wall in the hall with a WTF expression. "Uh! Max! You know dad won't like that you and Adam have been wrestling again" She yawned. "Uh.... Hey Crystal your uh... unicorn is on the bed in case you looking for it!" A little 6 year old came running past. "RAINBOW!" she called and came back carrying a stuffed animal. Amy stared at her. The little girl was blue and transparent.
"Amethyst? Is everything ok? You seem distant"
Amy turned to see Max's mom... also blue and transparent. "Uh........ I.... don't ... know" Amy said.
"Sweetie you should get some rest. You've been up all night. Poor Max has been worried about you" The woman said.
"Um... ok Mrs. Turner.... if you say so...." Amy said.
"Amethyst Amethyst~" Crystal kept singing. She looked up at Amy. "We both have jewelry as names!" she giggled and continued singing.
"Oh yeah...." Amy said and stared at her. "You're blue...."
Crystal giggled. "That's cause I'm a ghost Amy!"
"What?" Amy was completely confused.
"Amy.... we're dead" a male voice said.
Amy turned. "No..... no no no no no no no, No! NO NO NO! She went to hug Max but phased right through him. "NO!" she fell on her knees and cried.
Max knelt beside her. "Amy.... we died 2 years ago.... along with you..... During the battle remember?"
Amy looked down and realized she was turning blue and become transparent. "NO GET IT OFF!" She grabbed at her skin. "GET IT OFF GET IT OFF! NO WE'RE NOT DEAD NO! I'M STILL ALIVE! MAX! YOU'RE ALIVE TO! I CAN FEEL IT! YOU ARE!"
"No... I'm not" Max said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So... what's up with the mysterious Loki?" Tony asked. "Is it his ghost or what?"
Natasha shook her head. "The girl just hit Clint and Loki appeared."
"But why?" Clint asked. "That's what we need to figure out"
"It doesn't matter why. All that matters is how" Director Fury said. "How did he appear and what does it have to do with the girl?"
"Ya know, why'd you want her in the first place" Tony asked.
"I'd like to know that too" Bruce added. "What is so special about her?"
Fury stood up. "Amethyst is her name. I directed Agent Barton and the Black Widow to retrieve her because of her dangerous abilities." As he spoke he walked over to Tony, who was also standing, and looked him in the eye. "Is that enough of an explanation Mr. Stark?"
Tony gave him an "I don't care look" and sniffed. "What's her power? It can't be more dangerous than a big green rage monster"
Bruce sighed. "Thanks Tony" He thought.
"She can separate her soul and use it to possess people. It has happened one to many times for me to ignore." Fury said walking back to his seat.
Steve leaned forward. "If Loki's involved with the kid... shouldn't we be calling...?”
Fury cut him off. "Thor went back home. He is unreliable and unreachable"
"Uh... no" Tony said. "Not true" Every looked at him. "What?"
"How?" Bruce asked.
"You know those ID cards I gave you?" Tony said. "Well tap the A and see what I mean."
Steve was the first to pull his out. He eyed it and warily pressed his thumb in the center of the large 'A', meaning Avengers. It lit up in his hand and started to beep while flashing arrows lit across it. "Ok it lights up"
Tony sighed. "Give it a sec Cap"
Immediately, all of the teams ID card were beeping and flashing.
"It's a calling card" Tony said, total smart ass in his voice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thor stared out from his home's balcony and thought about Midgard. How he wished to be there now. He was drawn from his thoughts as he heard a dull beeping. It took a few minutes to figure out what is was. He was lucky enough to press the A by accident so he wouldn't have to figure out how it worked. Tony appeared in the small corner that an ID photo would usually be. "Hey big guy. We need you."
"Man of Iron... how did you get into the card?" Thor asked and flipped it around a couple of times.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve face palmed as Thor asked the question. "I even how these work"
Even Natasha laughed at how naïve Thor was to technology.
"Ok Thor... First, call me Tony, second, it's a....." He sighed and thought of how to explain it to where this block head could understand. "Science helps me communicate with you by using the card as a.... portal"
Fury just shook his head. Clint face palmed.
"Ah I see. Now why do you call for my assistance" Thor asked.
"Well..." Tony said, animation in every word as usual. "Natasha saw Loki today and we wanted to know if that was possible"
"Nay... Tony....." Thor said. "My brother is in a place that is impenetrable from the inside"
"Inside?" Tony asked.
"Yes a world that acts as a prison. An empty world of stars" Thor said. "He cannot escape"
"Ok but what if someone helped him out?" Tony asked.
"Hmmm... I will ask Odin of this and return to this conversation." Thor said.
"Ok well when you want to talk again, press the middle of the giant A. got it?" Tony said.
"I understand" Thor said.
"Oh and Thor?" Tony remembered the girl. "He was standing by a girl"
"A girl?" Thor asked.
"Yeah. The girl threw Clint 10 feet and then you brother materialized behind her"
"Mater....." Thor did get it.
Tony sighed. "He appeared behind her then disappeared a minute later, big guy."
"Strange. I will mention this when I speak with Odin" Thor said and the screen went black.
"He won't get it" Steve said and leaned back in his chair. "It'll take 5 minutes to figure it out."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thor put the card away and went to discuss this with Lord Odin. He was troubled by this. Only because the guards that kept Loki in had not alarmed him about an escape. As he entered the throne room, he saw his father speaking with the others.
"Yes I will see that it happens. Ah Thor" Odin said as he saw his son walk through the doors. "Does something trouble you?"
"Yes Lord Odin" Thor replied. "It concerns Loki"
"What is it?" Odin asked, now a bit troubled himself.
"The Midgardian warriors, the Avengers, say they have seen Loki." Thor said.
"Impossible" Odin said. "Loki is still in captivity"
"May I suggest that we see this for ourselves father?" Thor said. "In case..."
"Do you doubt my judgment?" Odin asked.
"No father" Thor said. "I am only making a suggestion"
"Very well" Odin agreed to check on Loki and it showed that he was still there in his prison.
"I do not understand" Thor said.
"Perhaps your Avengers were lying?" Odin said.
"Father," Thor said. "They did say that he was standing by a girl that apparently has the strength of an Asgardian."
Odin was thinking this over. "Perhaps she was his ally in the battle over Midgard 2 years ago. Ask these Avengers to question her."
"Yes father" Thor said and was dismissed. He pressed the A and Tony appeared on the screen. "Yeah"
"Odin wishes you to question the girl. Perhaps she was an ally to my brother from the battle for your world" Thor explained.
"In New York?" Tony asked. "Well... it won't hurt to ask" He sighed. "Well ok... off to integration. I'll contact you with any new info ok?"
"You have my thanks man of iron" Thor said.
"It's Tony and yeah no problem" The screen went black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So he thinks the girl is allied with Loki?" Natasha asked.
"Apparently" Tony said. "Now we gotta ask her if it's true. Who wants to go?" He looked around the room. "Since she tried to kill the lovely assassins I pre-vote them out. So who's next?"
"Who's good with kids?" Clint asked.
Everyone looked at Steve. "Why me?" he asked.
"You're the all-American solder son" Fury said. "Besides, no one else wants to"
"Why do you think I want to?" Steve asked.
"Well you're least likely to get hurt or do the hurting" Tony said. "Bruce can’t go in case that she pisses him off and I 'm not going so all that's left is you."
Steve rolled his eyes. "You guys suck" He got up and headed for the girls room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy jumped as a big orange tabby cat leaped onto her lap. She had been up for a while and was seriously tired but was past the point of caring about that or anything. For that matter. She didn't even care that she didn't know where she was. Her dog was lying by her... snoring. Amy smiled and slowly pet the cat and stared at the ground. As the door opened, she looked up and rubbed her eye.
"Hey kid" A man with blonde hair, jeans and a white tank top entered the room. "Could I ask you some questions?"
Amy groaned. "I don't know how I threw the guy across the hall, I have magical abilities and I'm not a demon"
"Ok." the man said. "But I was going more along the lines of 2 years ago"
"uh.... ok?" Amy yawned. "Hit me"
"Mind if I sit down?" He asked.
"Sure" Amy shrugged.
The man pulled up a chair. "Do you remember when New York was attacked two years ago?"
"The giant flying worms?" Amy asked. "Meh... kinda... I was to Billy" she face palmed. "To... Busy... um... hiding"
"Are you sure you weren't allied with the one who attacked New Y0rk?" The man asked.
Amy glared at him and leaned forward. "Never. In a million years."
"Hmm" the man eyed her. "What were you hiding from?"
"That same man. He's an asshole" Amy said.
"Alright" The man nodded. "I'll agree with that" he crossed his arms. "Why hiding?"
"Who wouldn't?" Amy said. "He's a psychotic killer. Any one smart enough to avoid him might live."
The man nodded again. "How do you know him so well?"
Amy sighed. "I lived with him for the better part of my life" She thought. "Oh wait... it was the worst part of my life and I only saw him every 5 years and he only stayed for a month. Except he broke the pattern 3 years ago and I haven't seen him since."
The man looked confused. "Thanks." he said. "I'll be back, but I need tell others what you've told me" He got up and left.
"Weirdo" Amy said and laid back. The cat got up and stuck his head under her chin and settled down. She smiled and hugged it. "I'm calling you Mr. Cuddles, cat. Thanks. I needed that." she buried her nose into his fur.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve came back and told the other what the girl had said.
"That doesn't make any since" Fury said. "Loki's lived in Asgard most of that kid's life. She's obviously not one of them."
Steve turned to Clint and Natasha. "Have you seen her eyes?"
Clint raised an eyebrow. "Her eyes?"
"They're green" Steve said.
Clint and Natasha exchanges glances. "Director" Natasha said. "We've seen this girl in the daylight and from behind...."
Bruce got it right away. "You don't think"
"That's impossible" Tony said.
"She looks like him" Steve said.
"If she is" Fury said. "Then we got a bigger problem than we might think"
Tony stifled a laugh.
"What is it Stark?" Fury snapped.
"I'm sorry but you? Director Fury? THE Spy? You didn't know about this did you?" Tony laughed.
"I am not responsible for demi-gods and what they do unless it threatens our world" Fury defended.
"So having a kid that's possibly a god doesn't pose a threat?" Clint asked.
"We should confirm this before we point fingers, Barton" Fury said.
"Lemme ask" Steve said. He got up and went back to the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy was sitting up and was petting the cat that was napping on her lap. She had lulled it to sleep with the rhythmic strokes and softly singing her edited version of "Black is the Colour". Instead of 3rd person like the original, Amy sung it in 2nd person with a single edited verse. She was in the middle of the edited verse when the man walked in. She didn't even notice him. "I love my love, and hope you know. I love the ground where on you go and how I wish the day would come. When you come home into my arms"
"Beautiful song" the man said.
"Huh?" Amy asked as she was caught off guard. "Oh... yeah. It's... one of my favorites."
"Who's it for?" The Man asked.
"My best friend." Amy answered. "It wouldn't really work though. His hair is more.... brown really." She sighed. "He promised me that... he'd learn it by heart. Then sing the original to me" Amy stared at the cat, her eyes faded over with the memory. "I'm still waiting"
"What happened to him?" the man asked.
"I don't know." Amy said. "His entire family just disappeared 2 years ago. Without a trace. I mean I've looked using the computer. I looked all over the world, I had enough time on my hands and a few months ago I tried to see if Max's dad used like a credit card or something but when I typed his info in nothing came up. It's all gone... all their info.... like they never existed."
"Really?" the man asked.
"Yeah." Amy said. "Either they don't want to be found or......." She pulled the cat into her.
The man sat down. "Is that what happened to your parents?"
He hit a nerve with that one. Amy never really liked talking about her parents. Her dad was a nutcase killer and her mom was probably hypnotized by him to follow his every command. She even called him "My Lord". Amy hated her house because of it. "Perhaps" She said. "I don't know where my dad is. But Mom is 6 feet under... not an accident"
The man looked a bit surprised. "You’re not one for revenge are you?"
Amy huffed. "If I was wouldn't I be out hunting him down?"
"Aren't you? This Max?" The man asked.
Amy blood boiled. This guy was pushing buttons that could get him hurt. "No" she eyed him carefully. "If he was the killer, I wouldn't have spent a year living with him after she died."
"You lived with him?" The man asked.
"Yeah" Amy shrugged and remembered Max's dad. She laughed and smiled. "You should have seen Max's dad." She shook her head, laughing. "He had to be the funniest person in the world. You couldn't look at him without laughing. Not that that he looked funny, but if you looked at him, he would make a face and make you start giggling like an idiot." She laughed just thinking about it.
"What about your father?" The man asked.
Amy snorted. "He was crazy. Like, mental or something."
The man raised an eyebrow.
Amy looked up. "Seriously. He talked to walls." Amy said. "Ok so he had this Egyptian looking cane pointed thingy and he'd tough a wall with it, sit a few feet away and have a complete conversation with it. Apparently it talked back but I didn't hear anything so I seriously thought he was crazy."
"Cane?" the man asked.
"Yeah, it was about 5 feet tall with a crystal in it. He said it was magic...." She made a face. "Yeah.... and my mom is a god"
"Really?" he asked
"No... Not really. It was supposed to sound unbelievable but I guess you didn't get that" Amy said
"When you have collogues like mine, you can believe anything" The man replied.
"Huh" Amy thought. "I almost believed something my Mom said about my dad but..." She paused. "Something about it. Doesn't seem possible"
"what was it?" The man asked and leaned forward.
"His name" Amy said and looked down.
The man looked very interested.
Amy could tell this might have been what they were looking for.
"Well?" he asked
"I never really knew his name. I only heard mom say "My lord" but there was the day that I heard her call him something else......" she pulled one knee up as the cat left and rested her chin on it. "It may have been because she was scared."
"What made her say that name?" The man asked.
"I don't know. I was at Max's when it started. We were just... hanging out. I had a broken rib and he got mad at me so I went home. I didn't want him yelling at me. I got enough if that when dad was home. As I went inside I could hear both of their voices. I wondered why my dad broke his 5 year pattern. He was 3 years early. I ignored it and when upstairs. Their arguments usually ended quickly, bad.... but quickly. After a while I didn't hear my mom's voice anymore. So I thought it ended." She took a breath. "Here it goes" She thought. "The truth"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve was hanging onto the girl's every word. The pattern she mentioned was just like before... every 5 years. The name she would give would answer every one's questions.
"I went down stairs and saw the door to their room open. I called to my mom but there wasn't any answer. That was normal. She never really spoke much when dad was around."
Steve could see the girl stiffen. He could tell this was a bad memory but he had to get it out of her. He had to know the name.
The girl took a shaky breath. "I opened the door. He was still there. Mom was...... she said......." She pulled her other knee up and shook her head. "He said I was next." She buried her face in her knees. She was shaking a little, this was when her mom was killed.
Steve understood now. Her father killed her mother. He frowned and sat back in the chair, not sure what to do. He knew she was too upset to mention the name so he got up and left. As he shut the door, he looked at the screen that was connected to the camera in the room. He felt bead for pushing her. Shaking his head he turned to leave.
"You're not a god Loki"
Steve turned back to the screen.
The girl was still sitting with her knees to her chest. "You're not a god" she said again.
Steve's eyes widened a little. It was true. This girl..... She was Loki's daughter.