Poltergeist

Niece

Yes. That's what she said." Steve said for the third time.
"Wow" Bruce had a solemn expression on his face. "It's hard to believe someone could that... cold"
"I can" Clint said. "Think of what he did in Germany? Is this really that surprising?"
"No. It's not" Fury said standing. He went to leave. The board may want to know of this.
"The fact that he has a kid yes" Tony chimed in. As usual he always had to put in his say in things. "We should tell Thor."
"Are you sure it's wise to tell the god of thunder that he has a niece?" Steve asked. He never believed Thor was a god but that's what the guy was called. The god of thunder.
"Yeah" Tony said. "Maybe he could babysit her"
Bruce face palmed. "This guy can be a real ass sometimes" He thought.
"Don't you think Thor should know about this?" Tony explained. He was in serious mode now. "What if his.... all seeing father doesn't know? If we don't tell him, and if Loki gets the girl.... we could be Odin's next target. He'd blame us for keeping this to ourselves."
"You have a point" Natasha said.
"Are you serious?" Clint asked. "Nat..."
Natasha cut him off by raising a hand. "We don't need a war with these...... Asgardians. Why not keep an Ally instead of making an enemy?"
"I'll call him" Tony said. Within 2 minutes, the thunder god appears on the screen.
"Any news Tony?" Thor asked.
"Yeah we need you down here big guy." Tony said. "It's about your niece"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy watched as the cat from earlier leaped onto the bed and started to force his way between her knees and to her face. After a few minutes, the cat won the fight and settled in her lap. Amy realized she was shaking. It was the same as before. When she saw her mom die, she ran to Max's house. He tried to comfort her but she wouldn't stop shaking with fear. Max gave in and hugged her tight. It only took seconds for Amy to calm down. She relaxed so much from the security of her friend that she fell asleep. How she wished Max was here now. He was the only one that could get her to stop. He was the only one that provided that security. She cuddled the cat and wished for him to come home. After all she's done to try and find him.... would she really have to accept the fact that he might be dead? Was her dream true.... or just another fear?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thor burst through the door of his father's throne room. "Lord Odin. I have word from the Midgardian warriors, the Avengers. You will want to hear this."
"What is it Thor?" Odin asked. He could tell that whatever news it was had shaken the mighty thunderer.
Thor held up the card. "This is the man of iron that is part of the team. He is using this card as a portal to communicate. He will explain"
"Hi" Tony said. "Nice to meet you sir."
Odin nodded. "Explain to me this news"
"Ok well. First, our leader, Nick Fury got a call about a girl that had some odd power. When 2 members of our team went to investigate, the encountered Loki."
"I have been aware of this. This is no news to me, mortal" Odin said. His patience was wearing thin.
"Yes well... he was with the girl so we thought she was his ally somehow, but she's not. She actually despises him" Tony said.
Odin narrowed his eyes. Even though Loki was evil in all possible ways, the god still considered him his son... but barely.
"The weirdest thing is she looks just like him." Tony said. He paused to hear the respond.
Odin exchanged a hardly noticeable glance with Thor and returned his attention to the Midgardian Avenger "How does this concern me man of iron?"
"Well" Tony said. "We asked her and found out that she is his daughter. You may already know this... or not.... but we thought we'd tell you anyway."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony could tell that the god was surprised by this so he kept talking to avoid the awkward silence. "Her name is Amethyst. She goes by Amy and well, for being the daughter of Loki, she's not that bad."
Natasha leaned over to Clint and whispered. "How does he know? We barely know her."
Clint just shrugged and whispered back. "I don't know where he's going with this."
"Man of Iron." Odin said. "Do you know where she is located currently?"
"In one of the rooms in the mansion, sir. Would you like me to get her?"
"I don't thinks that's a good idea Tony" Steve interjected. "She might know his name but I don't think Amy really knows who her father is."
"I could go and retrieve her, Father if that is what you wish" Thor said.
Odin held up his hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mighty All Father thought about this. How could Loki have a daughter? How was he unaware of this? What should he do? He gave a silent sigh and looked at Thor first. "You will go and meet her. I would like to know her better."
"Yes Lord Odin" Thor said.
Odin looked at Tony next. "I will retrieve Thor in a few months to have him tell me about what he has learned. Is that understood?"
Tony nodded. "Yes sir."
"You may be dismissed" Odin said with a wave of his hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony turned off the communicator and faced the others. "That went well" he said with a smirk upon his face.
"Oh yeah!" Bruce said. He was exaggerating extremely. "And if the girl be good then we'll have a party!"
"Yeah what was that all about Tony?" Natasha asked.
"We barely know her" Clint added.
"Well" Tony said. "Why don't we the captain?"
Steve sighed. "She wasn't cruel when she answered my questions. To be honest it seemed like she didn't care that I was questioning her. She seems pretty normal in my opinion. She doesn't have the creepy vibe that Loki gives off"
"See?" Tony asked. "Steve thinks she’s not bad"
Steve just rolled his eyes. In his mind the girl was just sad and lonely. By the sound of it, she had a pretty suck life.
Within the hour, Thor had come and immediately started asking question. The others told him everything that the girl had told Steve. He seemed shocked to hear about the girl's mom.
"She's in the room if you want to see her" Tony said.
"Yes please" Thor answered.
Tony led him down the hall and glanced at the screen.
"Is she sleeping?" Thor asked.
Tony knocked on the door while looking at the screen and shook his head. "No. Her ears and head moved in our direction. She's awake." he opened the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy was on the bed, on her side, back facing the door, her long black hair draped over the side. Next to her was the cat, all curled up in a ball. She pet it slowly and was trying to fight sleep. Her ears turned as she heard a knock on the door. She ignored it and went back to petting the cat. When the door opened Amy tilted her head slightly to see if she could recognize the voice.
"Amethyst?" a male voice asked. It was deeper than the man before. Amy turned to see who it belonged to. "Why use my full name?"
"I do not know any other" The man said.
Amy stared at him for a bit. "You're a different one. Oh... oops. So are you the new questionnaire?"
"The new what?" The man asked.
"Apparently not" Amy said. "Call me Amy ok?"
"Amy then" the man said. "I wish to know you better"
"Well I told the other guy a lot... I can't think of anything else right now. It's probably cause I'm so tired." Amy said.
"Why do you lack the energy to speak?" The man asked.
"Well" Amy said. "When you get an average of an hour of sleep a day..... You get really tired." She was still shaking but tried as hard as she could not to show it.
"What was that for?" the man asked.
"What was what for?" Amy asked
"You are shaking" The man said.
"It happens ok?" Amy retorted. "It happened 3 years ago when mom died, and 2 years ago when max disappeared. It hasn't happened since and I don't know why it just came on"
The man sat next to her and smiled. "You are afraid" He said.
Amy tensed. She hated when she got called out. "No I'm not"
He put a hand on her shoulder. "Sometimes it is alright to admit your fears."
Amy relaxed a little. She felt safe with this man. But it didn't make any sense, only Max had ever given her that security. Who was this guy? She stopped shaking a few minutes after. "He scares me ok?" Amy said softly. "I've always been afraid of him" She let her head fall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have no need to fear, Amethyst." Thor said. He purposely used her full name; he liked the sound of it; it was pretty. "As his brother, I will not let Loki escape his prison."
Amy seemed surprised. "No way....." She looked up at him. "You're..." She stopped. "You look nothing like him.... wow"
Thor sighed. "He's adopted"
Amy laughed. "Wow"
"Does this amuse you?" Thor asked. He didn't get the humor in it.
"No it just...." Amy said. "I spent hours wondering what you'd be like. I wondered if you were as crazy as him, but you're so different"
"Is that bad?" Thor asked. Did she want him to be the same? He didn't get it.
"No it.... it's awesome" Amy smiled. "I finally get to meet you. You seem so.... good"
Thor smiled. "My thanks Amethyst. As do you." he hoped he could keep her that way and not make the same mistake he did with Loki and let her led away. He hoped he could keep her on his side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy was pleasantly surprised by this. Her uncle said she was good. For being the daughter of Loki, that meant a lot. Most people would think she was just like him but this guy, Uncle, he gave her hope. "That means a lot" she said and yawned.
"Perhaps we could speak tomorrow?" The man asked.
Amy nodded. "Sorry. I'm just tired"
"I understand" The man said.
Just then the door opened and another came in.
"How many of you are there?" Amy asked.
"Six" The other said. "Five men and a woman" He handed her a pill. "Here take this. It will help you sleep"
Amy gave him a look. She wasn't sure she could trust him or not but her uncle nodded. "Banner is trustworthy Amethyst. He would not hurt you"
Amy heard the other guy -Banner apparently- mumble something. "Maybe the other guy might"
She raised an eyebrow but took the pill anyway. "Thanks"
"No problem" Banner said.
"Good sleep to you Amethyst" Her uncle said. "Perhaps when you awaken we might talk some more"
"I'd like that" Amy said as the 2 left.
In 30 minutes, she was out.... just like her light.