Poltergeist

Life with the Guys

"She's been asleep for 36 hours" Steve complained.
"What did you give her?" Thor asked. He was getting so impatient with the "Good doctor".
Bruce sighed. "Ok look. It was just a sleep drug. It had the strength equivalent to ZZZQuil. The other chemical dulls the mind and suppresses dreams."
"So why has she slept so long?" Thor asked.
"Her sleeping is all on her my friend. The sleep chemical only lasts 12 hours." Bruce answered
"And the other?" Thor asked.
"24 hours" Bruce said. He sighed again. The thunder god was interrupting his science. He went back to the computer and Thor eventually went away.
"Let her be big guy. She hasn't had sleep in forever" Tony said as he sat down. "Even if that's actually impossible"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy sat up and took a deep breath. Looking around, she realized where she was but it took her a while. Even if she knew she was in the room that the others put her in, she really didn't know the general location of the room. Looking to her right, she saw the door cracked open. As she got up, she saw a fresh pair of jeans and a purple t-shirt on the edge of the bed. After examining them closely, -she's very suspicious- she changed and walked out. After looking around, she heard the guys talking upstairs.
"Yeah, she's uh.... interesting" It was the first man she encountered.
"I believe we could urge Amethyst to join our team" That was her uncle.
"I don't like her" That was the man she threw against the wall.
"Me neither." That was the woman. "Are you sure we can trust her?"
"Let’s find out before we put her in the gutter guys" Amy didn't recognize that voice.
"Give her a chance" That was the man that gave her the pill.
She slowly walked upstairs. "What do you think of her big guy?" The unknown voice asked.
"Guys" The woman said. She pointed to Amy. "She's awake"
"Ah Amy" The unknown man said. He was tall, had black hair and a funny looking beard.
"Um.... hi" Amy said, bowing her head. "Nice to um... meet you... again?"
The unknown man laughed. "I'm Tony" He pointed to the others and called their names. "This is Bruce, Clint, Natasha and Steve."
Amy looked around. "Where is Uncle?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The others looked at each other a bit surprised at how fast the girl had taken to Thor. Tony pointed to the balcony. "Thor's outside, Aims"
"Aims?" Steve asked.
"Oh boy" Natasha sighed
"Again with the nicknames?" Clint asked
"I thought you only did that with people you trust" Bruce said.
"Ah what the hell?" Tony said. "Why not?"
Amy smiled. "Thanks" She turned to the door and stopped, tilting her head she focused... and laughed. The others looked at her like she was crazy. "he's... he's mumbling" She giggled.
"The god of thunder... Mumbles?" Clint asked. A small chuckle came out as he said this.
"Who would have guessed?" Natasha said and went back to her breakfast.
"Hey big guy" Tony said. "Come eat!"
Thor turned and smiled. "On my way"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy resisted every urge to hug him. She didn't understand why she wanted to... she just did. As he came, she never realized how tall she was compared to him. He was only about 2 inches shorter but still. She was taller than a god.
"Hey Aims?" Tony said. "Ya hungry?"
Amy nodded. "Um... yes?"
Bruce shook his head smiling. "You have to be me more assertive around here Amy. We're not the golden rule kind of team. Only to civilians. But each other? Not so much"
Amy laughed. "Then yes. I am in need of nutrition"
"Oh boy" Steve sighed.
Amy only did that to tease Thor but it didn't really work.
"Yes!" he boomed. "Let us break the fast of sleep!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later in the day, the team just took it easy, Clint and Natasha did a bit of training, and Tony piddled with his suits while Bruce did whatever he did on the computer. Steve trained with the spies/assassins. Amy considered them both. She and Thor just talked really. It was great to get to know her uncle and where he was from. Finding out where her father was from was interesting. No wonder her comfort temperature was around 50 or 60 degrees.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thor was equally excited to learn about his new niece. He could report all of this to Lord Odin and perhaps come back to keep her on the team. As she spoke, he listened intently. She even tried to show him her ability, but to no avail.
"It only works when I'm asleep for some reason" Amy said.
"It does not matter" Thor replied.
"At least I tried" Amy smiled.
**********************************************************************************
In the next 3 months, the guys decided to let Amy stay. Thor had to go back home to Amy dislike but he said that he would return if it saw well in the eyes of his father. (Exact words too). Amy moved in pretty quickly and got a room without an electronic lock on the door. Living with the Avengers proved to be a challenge all its own. Amy's true character evolved as she became more open an as Bruce said, more assertive. She became stronger in both mind and body as she trained to hone in on her abilities. She found out that with strong concentration, she could project images instead of her dreams. She also found out how she threw Clint across the room. She could generate a force from her soul. It was the most advanced she had and was the most difficult to do without sheer exhaustion afterwards. In the 3 months she stayed with the guys, she learned a lot. It became fun. Clint wasn't too happy about it; neither was Natasha. Steve dealt with it but still found Amy suspicious a little. Bruce liked her. In his mind, she was just a girl with a bad past that was overcoming it. To him, she seemed, relatable. Tony loved Amy. He loved how much of a smart ass she was and how she could come up with jokes on the fly. Not as good as him but he taught her a few tricks of the trade. Thor came back and Amy couldn't resist. She gave him a bear hug. Tony laughed at the god's reaction. Amy didn't realize how much she missed Thor or hugs for that matter. Thor thought the world of Amy and stove to lead her well.

In those 3 months, life with guys was the best!
Except for the fact that the newbie gets all the bum chores. And the initiation. -.-