Poltergeist

GHOST!

It had been 3 ½ months since Amy joined the Avengers. Since her popularity was 1/2 and 1/2 they still didn't trust her with an ID card. She didn't really care. She was just glad that they trusted her enough to keep her on the team. They even let her go on a mission for the first time. She went with her uncle and Steve. Their mission.... To scope out an apartment complex that was supposedly was haunted by a ghost. Steve thought it was a waste of time, Amy though it would be fun to try out her abilities and Thor, well, he thought it was possible. "It may be similar to Amethyst's ability to project images." He said.
The Complex owner explained to them what was going on and where the recent activity was.
Steve took charge and the hunt was on. "Let’s just get this over with" He said and went in. "Amy, you take the top floors. Thor, you take this one and the one above. I'll take the rest." They went their separate ways. Amy raced to the top with exited adrenaline. Once up there she took a deep breath and walked around, not sure what to look for. Now she knew how Clint and Natasha felt when they were looking for her. She walked around the dark hallway of the top floor when she suddenly got really cold. She looked at a small thermometer by a door of a tenant and it read 20* Fahrenheit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason laughed at the girl's reaction. "Not cool" she said.
"Actually it is. It's not just cool. It'ssssss cold." Jason said, laughing.
The girl looked around with wide eyes. Jason loved how scared she looked. "What's wrong beautiful? Scared?"
"There’s only one man that truly scares me but all I hear is the voice of a boy" the girl smirked.
Jason narrowed his eyes. "I am a man!" He exclaimed. I'm 20 years old! 2 years older than some boy!" He made himself visible and smiled. "I am a man! See?"
The girl lunged forward and grabbed him by the throat, pinning him against the wall. "Gotcha ghost" she said.
"Squeeze harder beautiful. It doesn't hurt yet" he joked, only to have the pressure increase. "Ok ok" he coughed. "I surrender!"
The girl tucked her long black hair behind her ear and pressed the hidden communicator. "Found the ghost" she said.
A voice sounded through the other end. "Good job Amy we're headed your way"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy smiled. "Ok ghost. If you stay here like a good little boy I might keep you conscious."
The boy laughed and became transparent phasing threw her hand. She hissed a curse and called Cap again. "Never mind. He's playing with us. He's got invisibility and intangibility. Keep an eye out."
"Roger that" Steve said
"I will take that into consideration" Thor responded.
Amy took 30 minutes chasing this ghost around the entire complex. It took 2 more hours to catch him. Once caught by Thor, the boy seemed afraid to try his disappearing act again.
"State you name and your business boy." Thor said.
"The name's Jason. Jason Porter. Call me Jay." the boy said.
"Why aren't you trying to run again?" Steve asked.
"Outta fuel" the boy said. "no food no fuel"
"So you're like the Flash then" Amy compared
"Yup!" Jay piped. "No food, no fuel, no powers....no fun"
Steve was annoyed. "What is fun about scaring people"
Even Amy could answer that one. It's fun scaring little kids, anyone really. Then laughing it off later around pizza and soda. She looked down at the thought. Her and Max had so much fun on Halloween.
"Easy" Said Jay. "To see their face when I come through the wall is so much fun! One guy found me out but kept it a secret. He helped me spread the rumor about me being the ghost of the Porter's son. Which I kinda am.
Amy widened her eyes. This guy was like her. A ghost in some ways and in others, as real as real can get. "I know what you mean" Amy said. "Being a ghost stinks."
"Yeah," Jay said. "Sometimes it does." He messy brown -almost black- hair hung around his face. He wore a blue t-shirt and brown suspenders connected to dirty jeans. He also wore an old man hat. Or at least that's what Amy called them. It looked like the kind of hat an old golfer would wear. Maybe that's what the boy was trying to do. Make it look like he was from the 1920's "Little house on the prairie" kinda thing. Amy shrugged. "So why here? Why not an old barn or something more believable?"
Jay's smile faded only slightly. "Cause it's my home" he said. "I was born here, lived here, and as the legend says, I guess I died here."
"Did you really die?" Thor asked, intrigued.
"Does a ghost bleed?" Jay asked. He pointed to a red scratch on his throat. "You gave it to me beautiful" He said
Amy fumed. "Serves you right" she said folding her arms. "You told me to squeeze harder."
Steve gave a WTF look and Thor looked upset. He was bothered by the fact that Amy grabbed the kid by the throat and dug her nails in.
"So what do we do with him?" Amy asked.
"Take him back to the mansion. Let's see what the other want to do" Steve said.
The owner thanked them and slapped Jay. Amy laughed and Jay whined. Once at the mansion, he was put in the same room Amy was in when she first came; the one with the electronic lock.
After some questioning, not unlike what they did with Amy, Fury accepted the fact that the kid was just a harmless prankster. Yet, unlike Amy, he talked constantly. Natasha threatened him with duct tape and even did it to. He went a few hours with his mouth taped and his hands taped behind his back. Amy, Tony and Clint couldn't stop laughing.
A week passed before Jay got his own room. It was in the same hall as Amy's but a few doors down. Thor didn't trust him with a room next to his niece.