Poltergeist

New Recruit

"Okay so since you’re the new, new recruit you get to share the crap chores." Tony said to Jay. "And we gotta initiate you kid"
Amy frowned. "Hey I thought you said the newbie gets the bum chores!"
"You 2 are so close that we still don't consider you part of the team. Until next year. If you last that long" Tony said with a sly grin. "INITIATION TIME!"
"Good luck dude" Amy said, an evil smile across her face.
"What's the initiation?" Jay asked.
"Tony dares you to do something stupid. It's different every time. The only pattern is that it's a dare and it's from Tony" Amy explained.
"What was yours?" Jay asked.
"Steal a device from Fury without getting caught" She said with a sass face.
"Hmmm that's not too bad" Jay said.
"KID!" Tony called. "Come here"
"Good luck Jason" Amy said.
Jay went up and was told his dare. Amy heard it her eyes went wide.
"Tony" Natasha said. "That could get him killed"
"No it won’t" Tony said, giving her a "shut up" look. He didn't want Jay to know about the Hulk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay smiled. The guy seems totally chill. It'll be easy" Jay said. "With my abilities, I can do any scare. Scaring is my specialty" He said with a smile. "Scaring Bruce is like a walk in the park compared to scaring a Marine"
"No way" Amy said. "You're brave"
"Yup!" said Jay. "Those military boys got nothing on me. This will be a piece of cake"
"Maybe I should have given him a harder one" Tony thought.
Amy sighed. "Just don't die"
Jay gave her a look and a smile then faded away. "Here goes" he thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bruce was on his laptop, as always when he felt a cold chill race through him. "Dammit Amy" he thought. "She always likes it cold" He got up and put on his coat. Once he sat back down he noticed his coffee was missing. He sighed. "Very funny guys" He just shook his head. "How immature" A few minutes later he got the chills again. "Dammit" he said. He got up to turn the heat up. "Why do like it so cold Amy?" he thought. He was going down one of the flights of stairs when the lights went out. (That was Tony's doing since he wouldn't let Jay touch Jarvis's systems). Bruce rolled his eyes and took out the flashlight in his pocket. "You know Tony," He said. "I know what you’re doing, are you drunk again?"
No answer. Only a stifled laugh. Bruce eventually found the controls for the house temperature but it was out, just like all the other electronic things. "Oh Geez" Bruce said. "Here we go"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay tried not to laugh. Tony was right; this guy was hard. Good thing he never met him before. Jay took a deep breath. "Let’s do this" He phased through the wall and looked through Bruce's stuff. He found a picture of a woman and smiled. "I'm the ghost of you tonight beautiful" he thought. He took the picture and went to find his stubborn victim. He found Bruce stumbling throughout the halls looking for a light that would work. Jay turned invisible and moved the picture around just far enough that Bruce couldn't see details. With the best girl voice he could, he called out to him. "Bruce"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bruce narrowed his eyes. Before him was a photo. Of what, he couldn't tell. He walked forward and it disappeared. He heard him name come from behind him. As he turned he saw the photo again. He jumped back in surprise. It was the photo he had on his night stand. The one of Betty Ross from earlier in his life. He knew the others wouldn't snatch it out of respect. They never even went in his room. Whoever the prankster was, was a disrespectful brat. He heard his name, then a laugh. His tried hard not to swipe the photo away and cuss at the prankster.
All of a sudden, a boy appeared, first see through then as solid as an actual person. He laughed. "Gotcha" he said.
"Where did you get that" Bruce said.
"You're room." the boy said and looked at the photo. "She your girl? If not can I have her? She's hot"
Bruce fumed. "You little!" he cried and aimed a punch. It missed the kid by an inch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay dropped the photo as the fist came for his face. The lights turned on and he saw the man glaring at him with creepy green eyes. "Dude, I was just messing with you." He let out a nervous laugh. "She's all yours ok? Keep her man!" He started to freak out as the man became larger in size. He screamed and dodged another punch, except this time it went through the wall. Jay yelped and made a dash for it. Behind him came a giant green rage monster. That dummy just released the Hulk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony raced down to his work station as fast as he could cussing all the way. Natasha and Clint were getting ready, Steve was yelling at Tony and Thor had a grumpy face.
"DAMMIT JAY!" Tony said as he put on his suit.
"You know this is all YOUR fault right?" Natasha said.
"SHUT UP!" Tony shouted.
Amy was in shock at how this was even possible and at the fact that this ogre was even on the team. Ok so maybe he was on the team because he was a genius but still!
Amy stared from the top floor as she saw the newbie being chased by an ogre. As Jay ran Clint and Natasha tried to get Hulk's attention. Steve was grabbing Jay as Hulk lunged for the kid. Tony was trying to get his system ready to tranquilize the rage monster and Thor was actually fighting Hulk.
Amy ran downstairs to help Jay back up from getting thrown by Steve. "Get up get up get up!" she said as Hulk busted through a wall. He went for Amy and the first thought that came to her mind was a spell her father had said to get her to separate. It didn't work the first time but it had to work this time. To her, the world had become slow motion as she tried to remember the spell. She focused on that and didn't focus on the fear that welled up inside of her.
"Serva tisa pelle kuuru
Serva tisa malle fiku!" She cried and then it went dark.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony froze as Amy collapsed. He didn't pay attention so Hulk basically back handed him in midair. Steve, and Natasha were too focused on trying to distract Hulk. Clint stared but quickly got back in the game. Thor looked shock beyond words as he heard the chant. "NO!" he cried as Hulk went for Jay who was behind her. Jay saw Hulk coming and dragged Amy off. Before Hulk could really do anything, or even Thor for that matter, a soft voice rang out. "Bruce, please calm down."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy couldn't believe it worked. One moment she was staring down Hulk and the next, she was racing through Bruce's memories. She had possessed him. It was kinda scary and his memories were sad and lonely. She found her though. Betty Ross, the only one that could make Hulk become Bruce in an instant. Using her other ability, she projected this memory out in the open. She just hoped she had a body to back to. She concentrated all of her focus to making the projection as real as she could.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay stared as the same woman in the picture walked towards Hulk. She was blue and semi-transparent. Was this Amy's doing? Thor stared as the woman touched the cheek of the green monster. Steve went forward to grab her, fearing for her life but Natasha forcefully grabbed his shoulder and shook her head.
"Betty?" Hulk asked in his simplicity.
"Yes Hulk. It's me. Please let Bruce go." The projection said.
Hulk growled and narrowed his eyes and for a second, the group thought that it wouldn't work.
"Please? These people don't want to hurt you Bruce. They are only trying to protect what they love." she smiled. "And so am I. I don't want you to get hurt."
Hulk relaxed and closed his eyes. He slowly returned to normal and as Betty disappeared, a blue mist formed above him.
"Bruce?" Natasha asked.
Bruce sighed, realizing he changed again. Thor took off his cape and put it around him. "It is alright my friend" he said.
"Did I?" Bruce asked. "Hurt anyone?"
The others were silent and Thor looked from his friend to Amy's limp body. His eyes widened as he saw a second Amy; blue in color and looking scared and tired. "I do not believe so" He said, answering Bruce's question.
Jay was in shock. He stared at the blue Amy as she fell and faded away. He whimpered as she did so thinking she just died.
Tony sighed and everyone looked at him. "What?!" he asked.
Jay blinked and he felt Amy breathe. "Guuuuyyyys?" He looked kinda scared and he blushing a bit.
Thor got up and took Amy from him, relived that she was ok. "Jason" he said, glaring at the kid.
Jay sighed and got up. He walked over to Bruce with a sheepish look. "Sorry" he said.
"See?" Tony said. "He admits it. It was his fault."
Clint had to hold Natasha from beating the sorry out of Tony. She should know that, that pompous asshole would never apologize.
Amy was so tired from that episode that she did really care who was holding her at the moment. She just rested her head on their shoulder.
"What was that?" Steve asked after they got Bruce to his room to dress.
"I believe Amy had taken Bruce's memories of Betty and made them real" Thor said. He had put Amy in her room to rest and the group was cleaning up after the rampage. Thor was still bothered that Amy used a spell.
"That's kinda scary actually" Clint said. "That she could.... get into his mind." He frowned. He had already made up his mind. Amy couldn't be trusted. She had thrown him 20 feet when she met him and now she had the same possessing capability as Loki. He didn't like it. Neither did Natasha.
Steve frowned. "That's what Loki did to Clint... if anyone may have forgotten."
"She is nothing like my brother" Thor said immediately after. "She may have his power and his features but I do not believe she has the same capability of taking a life such as Loki does." He put on a serious frown.
"Oh" Tony said. "Look what I found" He held up a small chain necklace. "I think it's Amy's" It had a small jewel that looking like Thor's hammer. It was nicely crafted and in Tony's mind, looked expensive and custom made. "Looks like you're her idol big guy" He saw and tossed it to him.
Thor caught it and looked at it. "It even has the words written on the hammer"
Jay smiled. "It's nice to have someone who looks up to you isn't it?" He was joking or anything; he was serious.
Thor smiled too. It was true. He loved how much Amy looked up to him. "Yes" he said.
"I'm really sorry guys" Bruce said walking in. "I didn't mean to"
"He man" Tony said. "No biggie" He put a hand on Bruce's shoulder. "It's my bad alright? From now on? You do initiations ok?"
Bruce blinked. "OK"
Clint shook his head. It was so a science nerd buddy thing between Bruce and Tony. No one really got it but. Bruce was the only one that Tony didn't have a nickname for and it the years past, he was the only one Tony apologized to if he did something wrong. It made no sense.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After taking a 2 hour nap, Amy woke up to the sound of Muttley barking. She groaned, got up, and headed for the kitchen. She saw the guys taking to Jay and even Bruce was laughing.
"Hey beautiful" Jay said. Amy walked up to him and hit him in the back of the head. "Idiot" she said and sat down.
Jay whined and folded his arms on the counter, laying his head on them. "Meanie" he said.
Amy shot him a look that scared the crap out of him and he didn't talk to her afterwards; he was too afraid that she'd eat his soul. Thor gave Amy her necklace back and even added a bracelet. "It's Asgardian gold" he said smiling.
"Oh cool!" Amy said and put it on. "It's so pretty" She gave a big smile and hugged the thunderer. "Thank you Uncle" she said.
He hugged her back. "You are welcome Amethyst."
"Amethyst?" Jay asked.
"It's my full name" Amy said. "I go by Amy though"
"Isn't that a birthstone?" Jay asked.
"Yup!" Amy said. "And it's mine"
"So you a baby from the month of love?" Jay teased.
Tony barreled over laughing.
Amy sighed. "You are so full of it"
After calming down Tony stood up and gave an idea. "Hey let's all get in the hot tub tonight. Today's been rough. Jay's been initiated, Bruce Hulked out, we've had to clean up after him, and Amy's been making spirits, so what do you say?"
Bruce looked at Amy a bit surprised. "You did that?" He asked in a whisper.
Amy nodded. "Um... s... sorry"
Bruce shook his head. "Don't be." He smiled. "Thank you"
Amy smiled back.
Jay piped up in the discussion of the hot tub. "I've never been in one."
What?" Tony asked.
"On that note" Amy said. "I've only been in one once and it was only as warm as bath water cause it was broken."
Tony gave a bored look. "Ok we have no choice. There's 3 people here that have never been so come on. I've got a Jacuzzi on the roof so why the hell not?"
Everyone agreed and went to get ready. Clint got Thor and Jay ready and Natasha helped Amy.
By the time everyone got in Tony had somehow gotten 2 of him fan girls to come. He was in a corner and had an arm round each trying to tickle them. Thor was in one of the corners, hair in a ponytail and wearing grey swim trunks. Clint and Natasha were side by side both in black. Clint in trunks, Natasha in a bikini. Bruce, in his green trunks was in another corner looking a bit self-conscious. He relaxed after a while. Steve was sitting by Clint and looked content in his star-spangled swim trunks. Jay was in the last corner, sweating and looking kind of uncomfortable; his blue trunks moving with the water. Amy was next to him relaxing. She borrowed an old suit of Natasha's; it was deep purple and a bikini. She laughed at Jay's misery.
"What's wrong kid?" Tony asked.
"It hot" Jay said.
"Not that'd be me" Tony retorted. The women he had with him giggled. "See these two are new on the team. They barley qualify."
Amy glared at him. "Yeah whatever hot shot" She closed her eyes again and sank down lower. She was so tired.
Jay sank down in the water to where it covered his head. Amy grabbed his hair to keep him from breathing in the water.
Tony re-positioned. "I don't know why you guys are so tired. I do it every day" What he meant was fight Hulk. He meant to exaggerate it but Natasha took it the wrong way. She got sat up from relaxing and slapped him. The girls gasped and Thor jumped. Clint and Steve just stared. Bruce gave Tony a look.
Amy got why Natasha did and she immediately got up. "Ass" she said. She took Jay by the hair and got out. Jay simply phased through the wall and became solid once inside the mansion.
"What's I say?" Tony asked.
Amy tossed Jay in his room and went into hers to get changed.