Poltergeist

Beloved's Return

"Jay laughed as he brought Amy to central park. It was a week into February and he wanted to ask Amy a very important question. He had told the others his plan and the shook their head in humor. Now was his chance to tell Amy how he felt. To spend a whole day with her without the other Avengers. Who ever thought that it would be a day to remember for a completely different reason?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EARLIER

"Guys!" Jay came running in to the kitchen to get there before Amethyst.
"What now kid?" Tony asked. He was wearing a red robe engraved with his last name in gold. Beside him sat Pepper in a cute pink night gown.
"Oh Jay" Natasha wined. Her red hair softly fell around Clint's shirt she was wearing.
Clint, in his large black shirt, looked at Jay and put a finger to his lips. "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
"sorry" Jay said. "But you gotta help me keep a secret"
Steve yawned and looked at Jay. "What is it Jason? What you do this time?" Everyone laughed at the sheer truth of his statement. Jay was a troublemaker. His over-sized shirt hung loosely making him look kind of funny for a soldier.
Jay blushed. "Well......"
Bruce smiled. "It's about Amy isn't it?" He folded his arm across his forest green robe.
Thor, who was the only one fully dressed. Glared at Jay. A single thought popping up.
"Um.... yeah" Jay said and gave a nervous laugh.
Thor got impatient. "What?"
"Um...." Jay tapped him index fingers together. "I was planning on asking Amy to be my girlfriend and I panned it out. But I need to keep it secret cause I want to surprise her. I was gonna take her to central park, but I wanted it to be just us two so could you guys not tag along?"
"Aw that's so cute" Natasha said.
"How sweet" Pepper added.
Clint, Bruce and Tony burst out laughing and Thor relaxed, thankful that it wasn't what he thought.
"You have our word" Steve said.
"Good luck kid" Clint said after quieting down.
"Have fun" Tony said with a smirk. He got a playful hit and a "Tsk" by Pepper.
Amy came down practically right after Tony said that and just looking at her in her silvery purple night gown made Jay go red. "Uh... hey... Amy"
"Hi?" She said yawning. She gave Thor and sat down.
After breakfast and all that, Jay went to get ready. He told Amy that he wanted to hang out and gave her all the time in the world for her to get ready. He didn't want to irritate her in any way today.
Amy came down in a purple button up shirt and blue jeans He long black hair flowed beautifully around her face and down her shoulders. Jay blushed and smiled. "You look great" he said.
Amy blushed. "Thanks" She said and put on her tan coat.
Jay took her away and the fun began.
It started as a simple hanging out in the park. Although it was winter, they still found a way to enjoy it. It became a snow ball fight with a few teenagers and melted into sitting on a bench watching the little kids and enjoying hot chocolate. They went and saw a movie, went ice skating (Jay failed miserably) and as the day began to end, Jay had a big surprise. He knew Amy loved music and loved to sing so he found a local karaoke club. As he led Amy, he saw a man in a black hoodie walk in. Taking note he entered after. It could have been some kid, but Jay put up his guard just in case.
"Wow" Amy said. "This is awesome!"
"I know you like to sing so I thought..." Jay trailed off.
Amy hugged his and kissed his cheek. "Can I?"
"Well yeah" Jay said.
Amy ran to the sigh up sheet and wrote her name down and the song she would sing. "It's one of my favorites" She told Jay.
He smiled. He couldn't wait for her to sing. She had such a pretty voice.
As they listened to the other singers Jay noticed the man in the hoodie walk up to the sigh in sheet. He wrote something down and went back stage. Jay narrowed his eyes. He didn't like the way the man avoided people. He looked very suspicious. Jay didn't like him already.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the last singer ended, Amy got up and went backstage to get her head set. The screen that showed the words put on Amy's song as she walked out on stage. She knew the song by heart and didn't need the words. So she motioned the people to turn it off. They figured why not. She's gorgeous. Let the whole audience see her. Amy had taken her jacket off and somewhat fixed her hair. (All she did was brush it). As the song started she smiled at Jay and began.

"I spend all your time waiting
for that second chance
for a break that would make it okay
there's always some reason
to feel not good enough
and it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
oh beautiful release
memories seep from my veins
let me be empty
oh and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

in the arms of the angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort here

you're so tired of the straight line
and everywhere you turn
there's vultures and thieves at your back
the storm keeps on twisting
you keep on building the lie
that you make up for all that you lack
it doesn't make any difference
escaping one last time
it's easier to believe
in this sweet madness
oh this glorious sadness
that brings me to my knees

in the arms of the angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that I fear
I am pulled from the wreckage
of my silent reverie
I'm in the arms of the angel
may I find some comfort here
in the arms of the angel
I have found my comfort here"

She ended her song with a loving look to Jay and exited off stage.
"You changed it" The owner said.
"So?" my said. "It was meant for someone ok?" She sat back down by her friend and giggled. "You like it?"
Jay simply nodded. "Wow" he said. "That was.... really pretty"
"It might be sad" Amy said. "But.... I love it"
"I'll buy you a track" Jay said, smiling.
"I already have it on my I-pod" Amy said giggling. She didn't recognize nor really pay attention to the next song until the singer started. It was a man's voice, soft and beautiful. Amy looked up on stage with surprise and didn't see anyone. But as the man walked out on stage, Jay tensed up. It was the man in the hoodie. As he sang, Jay couldn't tell if Amy was sad, happy, scared or.... what. She just stared at the man.
Jay knew the song and he knew it was Amy's most favorite. She listened to it constantly. He wondered if this was the guy.... was this Amy's promise keeper? The one she had forgotten?
The man sang with a certain appeal. Like he was singing to Amy. He stared at Jay and her the whole time.

"Black is the Colour of my true love's hair
her lips are like some roses fairs
he has the sweetest face and the gentlest hands
I love the ground where on she stands
I love my love and well she knows
I love the ground where on she goes
and how I wish the day would come
when she and I can be as one
Black is the Colour of my true love's hair
her lips are like some roses fair
she has the sweetest face and the gentlest hands
I love the ground where on she stands
I love the ground where on she stands
Black is the Colour of my true love's hair
her lips are like a rose so fair
she has the sweetest face and the gentlest hands
I love the ground where on she stands
I love the ground where on she stands
I love the ground where on she stands"

As he finished he came down and took off his hood, revealing a young man a little older than Amy. He had soft brown hair and light green eyes. Lighter than Amy's and a hint of mischief was hidden in them. He kissed Amy's hand as he ended. "Hi cutie" he said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy couldn't believe it! It was him, Max Turner! Her best friend! As she listened to his words, she cried. He fulfilled his promise. He sang the song to her. She ran up and hugged him... even kissed him! "I knew you were alive!" she said and kissed him again. "I knew you'd come back"
"Hey cutie" Max said. "I gave my word right?"
Amy cuddled up to him and nodded. "You did"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay was heartbroken. He slowly disappeared unknown to Amy and went home. Once at the mansion he stormed into his room ignoring the questions of the others. He kinda threw a fit and put a couple of holes in his walls. After a while he stared to pack up. He was done. First the conclusion that he was this frost thing that was the enemy of Thor's people and now this! The damn Max came at the worst time ever. Poor Jay was about to ask Amy to be girlfriend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the reunion Amy ran home with Max and burst through the door. She could hardly contain her excitement. "Guys! You're not gonna believe this but guess what!?"
"You killed Jay?" Tony asked as he saw Max enter from behind.
Amy blinked then shook her head. "No? Max is back!" She giggled and kissed him on the cheek. "I don't know how but he's back! He's back! He came home!"
"This is the guy that gave you the promise?" Steve asked.
Amy nodded quickly. "Isn't is amazingly awesome?"
"Amazing.... yeah" Clint said and leaned back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Natasha just shook her head. "She doesn't how cruel she is" she whispered.
The others looked at her. She was right. Amy wasn't even aware at how much she just hurt Jay. Even Tony looked disappointed. Earlier that day Jay had told them what he planned. No one expected this. As Amy sat down and introduced Max to everyone Jay came downstairs with a duffle bag on his shoulder. He was wearing a hoodie with the hood up. "I'm gone" he said.
"Jay? Where are you going?" Amy asked.
"I'm done" the Ghost answered
"Jay?!" Amy said.
Jay dropped the duffle bag. "What exactly does a kiss mean to you AMY?!" He asked.
"Hey ice pick!" Max said and got up. "Leave her alone."
"Shut up hot head" Jay said. "She's my friend! I do what I want!"
"She's mine too frosty. So chill!" Max said, narrowing his eyes.
Jay hit the wall, leaving a frozen hole. "I'll chill you if you don't get out of my face. Fire Breather!" Jay purposely use Max's nickname.
"Hey!" Tony said and stood.
"GUYS!" Amy said.
Jay growled. "I QUIT!" He picked up the duffle bag and left.
"Fine!" Amy said. "Leave for all I care! Cause I don't!" she shouted at him and stormed up stairs.
"Stupid frost bite" Max said and went upstairs to get Amy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Avengers just looked at each other in surprise.
"Uh." Tony finally broke the silence. "Did anyone else notice that Jason was blue?"
"I did" Thor said. It made him uneasy.
"Or the fact the Max kept calling him names that dealt with Ice and he kept calling Max names that dealt with fire?" Bruce added.
"Yup" Tony said.
"Agreed" Thor commented. "It seems that Jason has the appearance and capabilities of a Frost Giant from Jotunheim."
"Huh?" Steve asked.
"They are from my world" Thor said. "Frost Giants are tall... I suppose you might call them.... humanoid. They dwell in Jotunheim. A place of forever snow and ice. They are blue in color and have Ice capabilities."
"So like that?" Steve said pointing to the ice covered hole Jay made.
"Yes" Thor said. "This bothers me"
"Haven't they been a thorn in Asgard's side for like centuries?" Tony asked.
"Yes" Thor answered. "They have tried multiple times to penetrate Asgard's wall during Oden Sleep"
"So you're saying Jay is this Frost Giant?" Natasha asked.
"I see it that way" Thor said. "That worries me. My brother has allied himself with them once and I fear where Jason may be going"
"Then follow him." Clint said. "If you need to check up on home it's fine with us."
"Listen big guy" Tony said. "We'll hold the fort down here ok?"
Thor nodded. "I will report to you on what I find. For now, I feel I must go to Asgard"
"We'll be here" Steve said as Thor left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Amy?" Max said as he knocked on Amy's door. "Hey cutie? You in there?"
"Max?" Amy said as she opened the door. "Oh hey"
"What's wrong?" Max asked.
"Just...." she sighed. "I'm sorry about Jason."
"It's alright. I guess I said thinks I shouldn't have" Max said and put on a sheepish look.
"It's ok" Amy smiled. "Come on in"
Max entered and sat on the bed. "How's it been? Being with the Avengers and such?"
"It's cool" Amy said. "I finally found...." She trailed off. She was going to say a family but then she remembered how Max's family took her in. "I found my uncle" she decided to say that instead.
"That's good" Max said smiling. "He seems nice"
"He is" Amy said holding her hammer necklace she bought months ago.
Max eyed the necklace. "Hey..." he said. “How about you and I hang out later on? Maybe it'll cheer you up"
Amy smiled. "I'd like that. Maybe next weekend."
Max nodded. "You're so cute" He kissed her and left.
Amy fell backwards with a sigh. "I love you Max.... but I love Jay too." She groaned. "I DONT WANNA CHOOSE!" She whimpered. Muttley scratched at the door and Amy let her in. Mjölnir, the black cat came in and jumped on Amy's lap. Amy buried her face into the she-cat's fur. "Oh Mjölnir, What do I do?"
Mjölnir answered in a mew. Amy smiled "what is it?"
Mjölnir mewed again and left the room. She turned around and poked her head in and mewed again.
"All right girl" Amy said and followed the cat downstairs.
"Amethyst?" Steve asked. "Could I ask you something?"
"Huh?" Amy asked. "Sure...ow!"
Mjölnir clawed at Amy's leg mewing.
"Perhaps you should feed her first" Steve said.
"Yeah....um... I'll be right back. Then you can ask me anything" she turned and followed Mjölnir down to the basement. "Where are you taking me cat?"
Mjölnir looked back to see if Amy was still following. as if to say "Come on slow poke"
"I'm coming I'm coming" Amy said, even if the cat had no idea what she was saying. She came to the room that the cats had claimed and saw Mjölnir disappear though the cat door. Amy went in and saw Tiger sitting in front of his bed with (I guess cats can have this look) a smug look upon his face. (Ok so the cat's bed are the little square boxes that they can hide in.... not an open bed)
Amy tilted her head. "You guys are friends now?" Tiger and Mjölnir had battled constantly since Mjölnir came in about 2 months ago. No serious fighting, just more wrestling mostly and Mjölnir hissing.
Mjölnir rubbed against Tiger and went in the box. Amy bent down and peered in.
Tiger licked her nose and moved it was good that the cat's trusted her.
"Oh wow" Amy breathed. i was laying on her side and next her was 5 little orange and black mewing kittens.
"Awwwww.... they're so cute Mjölnir. Congrats you 2!" She reached in and picked one up. It snuggled into her and sucked on her finger. It looked like Mjölnir but had a white stripe down its nose. She put it back and looked at the others.
2 were all orange with white tummies and front paws. 1 was calico and one was a mini of Mjölnir, all black.
Amy smiled. At least there was something good happening around here. She smiled and stayed with for a bit. She played with them kinda carefully because they were still super little. All she did was hold then and pet them. She cuddled Tiger and pet Mjölnir. She heard Tony calling for her and totally forgot about what she promised Steve. CRAP!
She dashed upstairs accidently bring one of the kittens. Tiger raced after her or his kid really... she ran to the kitchen. "Sorry....I got distracted"
Tiger howled at her to give his kid back.
Bruce reaction to the kitten made Amy laugh. He tilted his head slowly at the little black cat. "What the.....?"
"Um.... surprise?" Amy said laughing.
Tiger howled again. "Ok ok here" Amy said and handed the kitten off. Tiger took it by the scruff and headed back downstairs.
"Did we miss something?" Clint asked sitting back.
"I didn't know either" Amy said. "I didn't even notice. I guess Mjölnir just wanted to keep it a secret." She smiled sadly. "At least there's some good about today"
"And finding Max wasn't?" Steve said.
Amy sighed. "No that was...."
"What was?" Max said as he entered the room.
"Nothing" Amy said smiling. "What did you want to ask Captain?" she asked.
"Um" Steve thought. "Oh yes it's about Jason"
"Oh" Amy said. "y... yeah?"
"Did you know that he was frost giant?" Tony asked.
Steve pouted. Tony stole his question.
"He's a what?" Amy asked.
"Ya know" Tony said. "Big tall ice people?"
"I know what they are but Jay's....." Amy said. "I mean he told me he had another side..... A blue side I guess but...."
"So you know too?" Max asked.
"What?" Amy said. "How do you"
"We've met before. Before he joined or met you I guess" Max said. I was out of state when you came by the Apartments" he lied. "I didn't find out about you until I found Jay packing up his things a bout 2 1/2 months ago. He told he was going to move in with your team; that a new girl joined too, called Amy. I'm sorry cutie, but I is think it was you at first"
"so you guys don't get along?" Amy asked.
Max wasn't prepared for that. "Uh.... I guess." He rubbed the back of his neck.
"How do you know about him?" Tony asked.
"I knew he wasn't dead if that's what you're asking" Max said, purposely avoiding the question. "I'm the one that caught him snooping around and pretending he was the ghost. I saw him as the blue demon when the fire started"
"He's not a demon" Amy hissed. She hated that word.... DEMON.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not asking about his power" Tony said.
"How do know about him being a frost giant?" Steve asked.
This was intimidating. The Avengers were onto him. He tried to think of how to avoid the question or to throw them off the scent (so to speak). "Um.... school mythology." Max said. "Except he's not as monstrous as the book described"
"I'll but it" Tony said.
Max figured they'd get it sooner or later. The sooner he got Amy to the Boss the better. He couldn't keep up this charade for long. Amy trusted him.... he thought.... right?
That night he heard Amy get up so he followed her. She went out and grabbed Muttley's leash. "Here girl" She called and Muttley came bounding up to her and sat down promptly. "Good girl" Amy said and clipped on the leash.
Max smiled and touched the button to his communicator. "New plan Boss" He said. "Your cutie's going out on a midnight walk."
"Would you stop calling her that?" A voice said from the other end. "Just tell me when my recruits can get her"
"Keep ya posted Boss" Max said and followed Amy.
Amy put in her earphone and turned on the IPod jay got her for Christmas. She let a tear fall knowing that her Ghost had left the team. "I'm sorry baby" she said and put on the song "Sad Song" by Christina Perry. She walked slowly to Central Park in the cold winter night. Looking up she felt the cold comforting feeling of the snow falling on her face. She had no idea that Max was watching.
Max was cursing the cold weather. He hated it. It didn't help that he was a desert creature working for a big polar bear. He shivered in the snow. "Ok Boss" He said as he touched the communicator button. "She's all yours"