Sequel: 007

Glitch

Target

If we just..."

-BOOM-

"Caesar!"
"Hmmm...maybe I should not have done that."
"You think?"
"hahaha! You two bozos always make me laugh" Bobo fell over laughing at the brothers' mistake.
"Ew, I smell like sewer water"
"That would be because it is." Caesar blinked. "I was trying to use a more eco friendly deterrent"
Rex stuck out his tongue. "I'd say it works"
"Man that is one bad stink bomb" Bobo held his nose. "I ain't touching you for a week"
"Ha ha very funny" Rex pouted.
"Sorry Hermano, I didn't think that would set it off" Caesar shrugged. "Oops"
Rex grumbled off to take a shower.
"huh, ok so I need to edit the..." Caesar started to think out loud and fix his 'stink bomb'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr. Holiday laughed as Rex told her what happened. He was in a fresh set of clothes and sulking in the petting zoo; which was now, a real petting zoo instead of a EVO one.
"Well, he's your brother..."
"Yeah I know" Rex interrupted Holiday. "Next time he can con Bobo into getting gassed."
Holiday laughed again. "Oh Rex, I came down here to ask you..." She took a device from the pocket. "If you can, when you meet up with that girl again? Could you get me a sample?"
"Sure Doc, but it's been a week and there's been no sign." Rex took it and turned around as Six came up.
"There's an energy surge near the lab in Boston." Six said.
"You think it's the girl?" Rex asked.
Six had no answer and Rex ran ahead.
"Get me that sample!" Holiday called after them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You need to come back!"
"Never Princess! I have new strength an I'm not giving it up!"
Sara stopped in mid strike and dropped her hands. "You won't be giving it up. You'll just be my sensei" She dodged a strike from Jake and kicked him in the back of the head. He rolled with the kick and swept her off of her feet. She fell backwards and just avoided his sword by glitching behind him. She raced off, worn out by the fight. The explosion from the lab had reversed time for Jacob Riley. Instead of being the wise, responsible scientist, he was back to his reckless, assassin youth. As a teenager, Jacob was a mercenary. A cold killer that based a job on his gain. But when the nanite event happened, he focused his skills on EVOs and became a better person. Or... at least until now.
"Come on Jacob, stop being a jerk and get serious!" Sara called as she hid in an ally. "Why do you think you have this new found intelligence? It's because just last week you were a scientist in your 30's!"
Jake landed in front of her and frowned. "These smarts are a chance of luck thanks to the event. And it's Jake." He reeled back to hit her but was shoved out of the way by none other the Rex. Sara peeked out from behind the wall the see the hero standing tall and proud.
"You're welcome"
"For what?!" Sara yelled "I had this under con______rol" she glitched and folded her arms.
"Under what?" Bobo asked.
"Bobo" Rex frowned. "Be nice"
"Bobo?" Sara asked.
"Yeah, that's him" Rex smiled." I'm Rex"
"Call me Glitch" Sara replied.
"Good name. " Bobo teased. "why do ya do that anyway"
"No idea" Sara shrugged. "But I gotta go. You just let the assassin get away" She glitched and appeared at the end of the ally, running after Jake.
"assassin?" Bobo asked.
Rex simply shrugged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sensei! Wait!" Sara stopped to catch her breath.
"Stop calling me that! I ain't you teacher!" Jake spun around, walking backwards. "Besides, I don't train glitches"
Sara glitched multiple times, her anger rising. "Ya know? I don't like you."
"Well good, finally we agree on something" Jake gave a smug face.
"But I do respect my Sensei" Sara walked straight up to the rebel. "I'm doing this for him. Not me, not you" She placed her hand on his chest but he slapped it away. "Don't touch me"
"I will find you, no matter what. And I will turn you back." Sara said and looked down at her feet, knowing that it couldn't be done.
"Find me in this" Jake laughed and took his sword in both hands. With a clean sweep, he broke the lock on the building door. Sara yelped and dodged out of the way of the flood of dogs.
"That was a dirty trick" She looked up but Jake was gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Who let the dogs out?" Bobo laughed and shoved one off of him.
"very funny" Six said, unamused. "It's a distraction." He attempted to shoo them away without harm.
"No freakin' duh!!" Rex blurted out. He looked over at where the dogs had come from and saw Sara making her way through the stampede. "Found our glitch!"
"Follow her" Six said.
Rex flew after Glitch and they ended up in a mall. Dogs had swarmed the place and Rex became preoccupied with trying to keep them from attacking people.
Sara saw him struggling and smiled. She watched for a bit then couldn't help but laugh. "It's painful watching you struggle man"
Rex fell backwards, holding a dog and cranked his neck to see her. "How long have you been standing there?"
"Long enough" Sara smiled. "Here, try this." She showed him a small whistle. "It's a dog whistle." She put it to her lips and all the dogs looked up at her and howled. The one that was on top of Rex jumped off and sat eagerly at Sara feet.
"Wow, those things actually work?" Rex stood up and tilted his head.
"Here" Sara handed it to him.
"Thanks, Glitch. By the way, did you..."
"My sensei did it. Not me" Sara interrupted. "Why? I don't know. But that..." She pointed to the whistle. "Will help you clean it up. I'm going after my sensei" She smiled kindly and ran off.
"Kinda weird since you're older than him!" Rex called after her but she was gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobo laughed hard. "So she just watched you? For how long?"
"Long enough" Rex grumbled. "look she helped ok!" He dangled the whistle in front the chimp.
"Bah!" Bobo folded his arms. "How'd she know it'd work in the first place?"
"Dog's can hear higher frequencies than people. That whistle projects those frequencies. But the question is, what was her 'sensei' distracting us from?"
Both the ape and boy looked at each other, than at Six. That was a good question. "I could find Glitch again and ask"
"She could be leading us on" six said. "Working with her so called sensei."
"You are a very negative person" Bobo stated. "Ya know that?"
"She called him an assassin." Rex thought out loud and turned to Six. "You think he's after someone. Or... they both are?"
"It's possible." Six nodded. "We need to keep an eye on her. Both of them."
"The hard part is finding them" Bobo said, flicking a booger.
"We won't find them" Six said. "They'll find us"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey kid!"
Rex turned and smiled. "It worked Six, they found us."
"good"
"But it's just Glitch. No sign of the other kid" Rex looked around and turned back to Glitch.
{"Just keep an eye out. If he's really an assassin, he could be hiding right under you nose"}
"Got it"
"How'd you know I'd be drawn here?" Glitch asked.
"I dunno" Rex shrugged. "I figured, since it's the place where we dragged you butt out of the fire... and if we came here, snooping around... you'd stop us."
Glitch giggled. "By all means, dig around. If you find any of my sensei's work, it might help me turn him back."
Rex tilted his head. "You're not... with him?"
"Not this one." Glitch shook her head. "He kinda scares me. And he keeps rambling on about how you men in black have been a thorn in his side since the explosion."
"Men in black? Um, we're Providence. Not alien hunters"
"Well he calls you the Men in Black and he's mad at you for cornering him at every turn"
"Why?" Rex joked. "Because we want to stop him from killing someone?"
"Yup, pretty much" Glitch shrugged. "I still have no clue who he's after. But I'm gonna try catch him and I think this will work."
"This as in..."
"Don't I look different?" Glitch asked.
"Yeah, you have glasses and a hat. Big deal?"
"his old girlfriend used to look like this."
"So what?" Rex asked. "You're gonna kiss him and he'll become your sensor again?"
"Ew no, I'm not kissing my sensei." Glitch stuck out her tongue. "That is so wrong in so many ways. And since you can't say sensei, just call him my teacher."
"So you don't have any idea who he could be after?" Rex asked.
Glitch shook her head slowly. "Sorry, no. But he did have a slight obsession with nanites. He thought they could help get rid of my glitch."
"nanites?" Rex asked, surprised.
"Yeah so just keep on your toes ok. Since the ones he had went boom, he could be after you." Glitch warned.
"You here that Six? She said I could be his target"
{"Heard it, don't like it. Holiday's doing a scan to see if there's anything tracking you"}
"ok" Rex said, a little nervous. Facing off with this guy was almost like facing off with Six.
"But I'm not with him, I promise. I'm trying to turn him back into the responsible, teacher that I know and love. besides, he doesn't even remember me. There's no way he'd work with a glitch"
Rex turned as some of the other agents signaled him. "Look I have to go."
"Keep an eye out." Glitch said, her glitching made her words skip.
"Thanks for the warning" Rex turned back but she was gone. "Ninja much?" He turned and went for his communicator but it was gone. "How did she!?" Glitch took it right from out of his ear without him even noticing. "That stupid glitch of hers!" Rex growled and walked towards the other agents to complain.