Sequel: 007

Glitch

Forgotten

Hey you, long time no see"
"Megan? But you're in like, England or something."
"Meh, I missed you" Sara smiled and walked over. "so, watcha doing? On another mission?"
"Yeah... so?"
"What are your missions anyway? You've never told me about them, you just go on them"
"Look, the guy I work for isn't very nice, or patient ok?" Jake turned on his heels. "I have to get those little bugs or he'll do more than just fire me"
"you mean those nanites." Sara corrected. "Dude, they're everywhere. Are you after special ones or something?"
"You have no idea." Jake turned back and began to rant.
Sara raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Here we go." She pressed a button on the communicator she stole from Rex.
"He is completely obsessive over this one kid who has these so called 'special bugs'! He's like a stalker to the kid!" Jake started to mimic him, poorly. "He's all like 'with his bugs I could control them all!' blah blah blah. And what's worse?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"what is this?" White Knight asked.
"Glitch stole Rex's communicator." Holiday replies. "She just turned it on and you're not gonna believe who her guy is ranting about."
White Knight raises and eyebrow. "Who?"
"Just listen" Six said.
The team listens to Jake's ranting.
{"Mr. Creep factor has me hoofing all over the world to find this kid when all I have to do is mess around and he shows up! But what's worse..."
"You already said what's worse" Sara laughed.
"This is even worser!"
"That's not a word"
"Look you grammar Nazi! I don't care! This stupid kid I'm after always shows up with a green ninja and a bunch of those men in black so I can't shut him down!!" Jake kicked a can and it ricocheted back to his head. He growled and threw it again. "Stupid, pale faced, von shweets or what ever his name is!!!"
Sara laughed so hard she had to sit down. "I've never heard you so upset. Oh my gosh." She wheezed. "Von shweets?!" She couldn't breathe anymore, she was laughing to hard.
"Shut up!" Jake shouted.}
"Von shweets?" Six had nothing more to say.
Bobo and Rex were laughing almost as hard as Sara.
"This is serious Rex! Get it together!" White Knight yelled.
"If he thinks he's working for Van Kleis, who knows what he's capable of." Six added. "Rex!"
"Sorry, but he totally messed up his name" Rex smiled.
"Who thought our biggest threat is named Von Shweets!" Bobo blurted out and they fell over laughing again.
Holiday sighed and slowly face palmed. "They're useless right now."
"I can see than" White Knight stated.
"Did you here what that kid said?" Holiday asked. "Thanks to us, he can't shut Rex down."
"What exactly does that mean?" White Knight asked.
"He must have the capability to shut down Rex's nanites."
This is when Rex and Bobo stopped laughing and became serious.
"you mean, he could turn me off? Just like that?" Rex asked.
"It's possible" holiday answered.
"Which is why we need to find him, and contain him" White Knight ordered.
"So, when Six said not to touch him..." Rex thought out loud.
"I was serious. But it's not the fire that's a threat." Six said. "it's..."
{"It's the fact that if I can just get close enough, I can shut him down and turn him in. The Creep Factor can do what ever he wants. I'll get my cash and we can..." The communicator was still on.
"Don't even think about it." Sara said. "look, money's great, I get it. But you can't just shut a person down. That's impossible."
"Ok at first I thought you were going all goodie two shoes on me. But your right, it does seem impossible. But not with this."
Sara gasped. "How did you, but..."
"ya like it? I made it. Turns out that I'm a super genius. Don't know where I got the smarts to do it. But I did it." Jake was so proud.
"Ok cool..." Sara tried to smile, but this was the furthest thing from good you could get. "So uh, what's it do?"
"Like any old bomb, it blows up. He's gotta touch it though. It'll implode, he'll shut down"
Sara used her energy to short out the communicator. This was bad.}
"We have to find out what he has" Six said.
"Ok, this is no Bueno." Rex said. He wouldn't admit it, but he was scared. And he didn't have to. It showed all over his face.
"That's kinda understating it isn't it Captain Obvious?" Bobo, the smart alec of the team.
"Let's find it and contain it" White Knight ordered.
"If we have it contained, I could study it and instead of a weapon against Rex, we could use it against other nanites" Holiday said and ran to her lab to get working.
"Ok, so don't touch him, avoid anything that looks like a weapon and try not to die." Rex said. "got it."
"come on" Six ordered and the team left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So are you going to help me?" Jake asked.
"Uh no, mercenary is kinda your thing, besides. It'd be bad if I did"
"Come on Meg, please?" Jake begged. "It's be our last mission together. Ninja and Samurai?" He put his arm around her and reached to the sky. "After this, we'll retire. Move to France or something?" He looked her in the eye. "Pwese?"
"I'm not helping you kill anyone. Not anymore" Sara growled.
Jake looked more worried than sad. "Is... is this about last week? When you suddenly disappeared without a word?" His expression turned to anger. "When you said goodbye and moved the England?! As far a way as you could?! You left me Megan! You've gone soft!" He scuffed. "And only in a week? What's this about!?"
"I left because you're a jerk!" Sara stuck out her tongue. "Or maybe I'm not even Megan at all." She kicked Jake hard in the chest and he collapsed backwards.
Sara took off the hat and threw the glasses down. "I'm not your girl. I'm the student you took in after the event!"
Jake rose up slowly, holding his chest. "What a dirty trick!"
"Oh and if we playing the blame game?" Sara yelled. Her glitches became more violent and frequent. "You left me! You promised me that you'd stop my glitching! You said your machine would work but it blew us up! It turned my sensei into a snot nosed, turd sniffing brat that kills for fun!" She shoved him back into the dirt. "How's that for blaming!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"there they are!" Rex called. "Looks like Glitch is handling things."
"Yeah but look how much she's getting zapped." Bobo added.
Glitch was well... glitching... a lot. There was more glitching then there was a solid girl. She shoved the other kid back into the dirt and pulled out her sword. The other kid look terrified but acted quickly. He tripped her and they got into a fight.
"Glitch!" Rex called as she was thrown into a wall.
"Uh, hey Rex." She groaned and sat up. "Don't touch him! He's..."
"Yeah we got it, thanks to you stealing his stuff" Bobo helped her stand.
"What?!" Sara growled. "You're the ones that wanted to know wh______t he was after, I got you the info." She glitched violently. "You're wel__________ome!"
"Geez," Bobo shook his head. "Maybe you should switch to decaf."
"Go eat a ban_____na" Glitch snapped.
She took a dagger out of her pocket and chucked it at Jake. It missed Rex by just inches and hit Jake in the arm.
"Hey!" Rex said. "I thought I was your friend."
"Bite it. I missed you didn't I"
Jake pulled out the dagger and hit Rex hard. The hero cried out and as he fell into the nearby reservoir.
"Look Princess, I'm doing this whether you like it or not. That kid has been a pain in my butt! I'm shutting him down!"
"Not on my watch!" Bobo aimed and fired but he was also thrown into the water. Six was coming up behind the enemy but Glitch beat him and grabbed Jake's shoulder. The assassin turned and back handed her as hard as he could.
Glitch cried out and collapsed on the concrete.
"That's for pretending to be my girlfriend." Jake said and dodged as Six attacked. But the agent was able to nick Jake's cheek. Six looked over at Glitch and went over to make sure she was ok. Once he was sure that she was still alive, he turned back to Jake and attacked again but the Assassin had a few tricks up his sleeve. He threw a few pellets onto the pavement and disappeared in the smoke.
"Uh," Rex crawled out of the reservoir with Bobo in tow. "That's guys like an evil Batman. I don't like him" He rolled over on his back and sighed.
Bobo groaned. "Grr, I hate the lake"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Is she going to be alright?"
"She's fine Rex" Holiday assured. Her and Caesar were in the lab looking at Glitch's DNA.
"My head hurts. But thanks for asking" Glitch smiled stupidly.
"So, your teacher worked for Van Kleis" Rex stated. "No wonder he's after me"
"so his name isn't really Von Shweets? Because that would be hysterical"
Both laughed.
"ow" Glitch frowned. "Laughing hurts." She looked up at Rex then to the side. "Sorry for almost hitting you. I screwed up"
"You missed me, didn't you?" Rex asked. "It's fine."
"This is incredible" Caesar was in awe. "Glitch is nothing but pure energy. This is amazing"
"Yeah it's great, whoo hoo." Glitch rolled her eyes. "But I'm dying"
"What do you mean?" Rex asked. "All you got was a black eye"
"Not what I meant" Glitch frowned.
"Rex, because Glitch is pure energy, she can't stay in that body" Holiday explained.
Caesar interrupted. "Pure energy burns out all organic material eventually. When it's getting close, the person..." He then began to explain a glitch in scientific terms.
"They glitch" Glitch finishes him off. "hence my name"
"Is there any way to fix it or contain it?" Rex asked.
"My sensei was working on a way to contain my energy." Glitch answered. "Or at least until he turned into a teenager and completely forgot about me."
Rex and Holiday exchanged and Rex let his eyes fall to the floor.
"Hmm, this technology is new to me" Caesar, always oblivious. "The device your sensei was using... it was just a prototype."
"My sensei was ahead of time with that thing. It was a risk both of us were willing to take. And don't ask me if I know how it de-aged him beca______se I don't"
Caesar turned. "What was that? I just got a spike in her energy"
"She glitched" Rex stated.
"Yea me" Glitch rolled her eyes again.
"You don't seem to worried about your situation" Holiday observed.
"Why should I be? It's inevitable. So what if I burn out? I just want my sensei back" Glitch shrugged.
"So Glitch" Six walked in. "What was the thing your sensei showed you?"
"It was something that could kill him?" Glitch said point to Rex. "It was some sort of cylinder. Metal. A bomb. Look, just because he was my sensei, doesn't mean that I____________ have his smarts"
"huh, she glitches every time she gets emotional. Interesting" Caesar thought out loud.
Glitch glared at him and glitched again. Then she sighed. "My sensei doesn't know... or... remember that the war is over."
"Then he probably doesn't know that Van Kleis is no longer a threat." Six added.
"So he's working for someone that's never gonna pay him, and his mission is totally worthless and stupid" Glitch folded her arms and glitched.
"Glitch" six said to get her attention.
"Call me Sara. It's my real name"
"Ok, Sara. Is there any where you can think of where your sensei might hide. A safe haven, anything?" Six asked.
"Well..." Sara thought. "There is his old hang out. It's used to be where the new power plant is. They tore it down a few years ago and put the plant up."
"Rex?" Six said.
"Yeah ok." Rex said. He turned to Sara. "Get better ok?"
"I'm coming with. I know enough of Sensei's work to try to disarm that bomb. Besides, I've got nothing to lose" Sara jumped up and her energy pulsed. The black eye she got was healed.
"How did you do that?" Caesar asked.
"I have no idea" Sara smarted off. "Let's go" She raced past Six and Rex and out the door.
holiday just folded her arms. "3...2...1"
Sara popped her head back. "I have no idea how to get out of here."
Even Six showed a tiny smile from the girl's folly.