Sequel: 007

Glitch

Shutting Down

"Why so serious?!"
"Ok, did he just pull the Joker on us?"
"I think it was directed towards your sensei" Sara told Rex.
Rex just smiled and landed. Sara jumped off and took out her sword.
"I knew you would find me here princess. After all you seem to know so much about me" Jake walked towards them grinning like the Joker. "Think fast" He tossed them the bomb that he was so proud of and Rex shoved Sara out of the way.
"REX!" she yelled.
A cloud of smoke erupted from the container and Rex came out coughing. "Ok? that was unexpected"
"you're not dead?" Sara asked. "You're not dead!" She smiled then her smile faded. "uh oh"
"Uh oh what?" Rex asked.
Six came up next to them. "If that wasn't meant to shut down Rex' nanites, then that kid has more to his plan than he's letting on."
"Ok, he is so dead." Rex yelled. He charged Jake with everything he had. Six joined in and Sara called Holiday. "Did you get that? The cylinder wasn't the bomb. It's gotta be somewhere around here. Is there any odd reading at all?"
{"Not an odd reading" Caesar answered instead of Holiday. "But that power plant is going to blow. It could wipe out the whole city"}
"Ok, not good." Sara eyes went wide. "I'll tell Rex" She raced off and dodged as a dagger flew buy her face. Six and Jake were in a full on sword fight. Rex was recovering from a hit to head and Sara ran over.
"Get up get up ge_____________t up." She pulled him to his feet. "Jake rigged the pla____________t to blow. It'll wipe out the whole ci______ty!"
"What?!" Rex looked over at the enormous building.
"the reactor is in the center" of the...
Rex stepped in front of her and caught Six before he hit the wall.
"Is he ok?" Sara asked.
"I'm fine" Six said.
Rex told his partner the situation.
"If you use your nanites..." Sara thought aloud. "couldn't you tell it to shut down"
Rex looked at Six for advice.
"Go." the agent said.
"On It" Rex flew off and Six and Sara went to take down Jake.
Sara glitched behind him and kicked him down. She avoided his sweep and Six used his magnet to disrupt him, not thinking about Sara at all.
Sara cried in pain and dropped to her knees. Jake was breathing hard as he stood up. The kid was disoriented and dizzy but had enough strength for one last insult. "Nice job, you just shortened her life to a few months with that little trick of yours." He collapsed to his knees and Six knocked him out.
Sara's head cleared and she stood up, glitching. "whoa, wh______t a ru__________sh." she laughed.
"Rex," Six called. "Have you reached the core yet?"
{"Yeah, but, I'm not sure about this." Rex responded. "something's not right"}
"There's no time. Shut it down" Six ordered.
Jake chuckled quietly, and an evil smile crawled across his face. He stood up, barely able to stand on his feet. "you just sent your boy to his death."
Sara swung her arm and back handed Jake across the face, sending him down for the count. "That's for being a pain in the butt"
Six was a bit surprised at her attack and glanced at her.
"What?" She asked. "I'm sick of his mouth."
"good job" was the agent's only reply.
{"Six! Get Rex out of there! The Plant is going to blow...!" Holiday shouted.
"It's the device that'll shut down Rex's nanites!" Caesar interrupted.}
Six and Sara both looked at the plant, terrified.
"He knew Rex would try to save everyone. Jake knew he would try to shut it down" Sara said looking at her sensei.
"Rex forget the mission! Get out now!" Six yelled. "REX!" All Six got was static so he rushed for the building.
Sara looked up and felt the earth shake. She glitched in front of Six and shoved him back as the plant exploded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When the dust settled, Six started looking for Rex immediately.
{"Six you need to find him, his BIO's are dangerously low" Holiday said. She got no response, which was never a good sign. "Six!"}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sara stood up, vision blurred. She could hear Six calling Rex's name. Stepping backwards, she tripped and fell over top of someone. Thinking it was Rex she stood up quickly, ignoring the ringing in her ears. It wasn't Rex but it was Jake.
"You did this." she said falling on her knees. "Are you happy now?"
She got no answer, Jake was gone.
"REX!" Sara look up and saw Six standing with a person in his arms. It was Rex. Sara watched as the ship took off.
It was over.
Jake had won.