Sequel: 007

Glitch

Mentors

"Six. White Knight wants you" Holiday closed the door and walked back to the lab. Rex was barely alive... and dying. His nanites were deactivated, and his life, fading fast. Holiday was trying everything to keep him alive.
Six was silent the whole time and for the past 2 hours, had been in his room. He didn't even turn to look at Holiday when she told him he was called. He just sat on the edge of his bed, chin resting on his hands. His glasses were on the nightstand. He was trying to remember... with little success. His memories were there but his amnesia was blocking them. If only they could be jarred loose. Expecially now, with Rex on the edge of death. He sighed and grabbed his glasses, finally responding to his summoning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Six, glad you're here." White Knight said. "That girl, Glitch. Someone spotted her in this location." A pair of coordinates was shown on the screen.
Six clenched his fist. He'd never say it, but he believed Glitch to be just as responsible for Rex as her so called sensei was. "I'll go" he said. Glitch was going to pay for this, no matter what.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
["Here kid, try these"
"So I can look like a total dweeb?"
"you have no idea how unique these goggles are, Rex. A reclusive weapon-smith in Zurich crafted this single pair before he turned EVO"
"Really? and then what happened to him Six?"
"I did. He won't be crating any more goggles"
"cool"
"these are one of a kind Rex. Special. For you."]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
["Here kid, you earned it"
"wow, it's so... pink."
You don't even know how rare these stones are, Sara. They're rubies that change color in the sunlight. They can only be found at the bottom of the Atlantic"
"Really?"
"really. Here, it's all yours"
"Awesome!"]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
["So what happened?"
"I met you, Rex. Now, I believe I owe you a hamburger. Hungry?"
"Always...... can we make it a double?"]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
["What's your favorite cake again, Sara?"
"Chocolate is the flavor of the gods. duh"
"Sure it is. Go get ready ok"]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sara slowly walked the streets. Her glitching wasn't as frequent as when she fighting but it was just as violent. Anything electronic, shut down as she walked by. People started to avoid her and called Providence.
She simply didn't care but she did notice that she was crashing the tech. So she left the city and went to the outskirts near an old abandoned warehouse. She sat down and rested her chin on her hands. Sara thought of when Dr. Riley gave her the necklace she always wears. The memory made her smile. But it soon disappeared when she thought of the day before. Her sensei didn't die then. He was dead a month ago, when Jake showed up. Sara's been chasing a ghost. That ghost just killed a friend and there was nothing she could do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
["you're made of pure energy, Sara"
"I am?"
"Yeah, you could charge the whole town if you wanted."]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sara looked up at all the powered down lights and got an idea But before she could try it, a Providence ship landed outside. Sara groaned as she saw agent Six walking towards her. "Look, my sensei's dead. A life for a life. I guess. I'm sorry."
"Sorry doesn't cut it"
Sara stepped back. She knew that look. Revenge.
"Look, it wasn't my fault. How was I supposed to know that Jake programmed it to shut off Rex's nanites? Jake was a total creep. He killed, for fun." This wasn't working. Six just kept coming.
"fine" Sara said. She glitched and vanished from Six's view. If she kept hidden long enough she might just be able to try her idea. But that was the hard part... hiding.
Sara raced past a dark room, trying to hide from Six but she stopped and walked back to the door. Looking in, see saw the heart of the warehouse. Glancing behind her, she glitched inside. She kept looking behind her for any sign of the rogue agent. She was scared.
"Calm down, it won't work unless you calm down"
"Sensei?" Sara turned but no one was there. She could have sworn she heard her sensei's voice but the girl took the advice anyway. Taking a deep breath, she rested her hand on the generator. Her energy flowed and the thing burped to life. It wasn't exactly painless though, more like the opposite. Sara cried in pain and fell on her knees.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Six looked up as the lights flickered on. He ran to the basement of the building where the generator was. The agent burst through the doors but the Glitch was gone. In a flash of anger, he hit the wall with the butt of his sword, taking down the old brick. He looked up again at the lights, which hadn't worked in decades. The generator was sparking, but working. Unfortunately, Six's anger smothered any idea's he got. In his mind, Rex was dying because of Glitch.