Sequel: 007

Glitch

Remember

"well?" White Knight asked.
Six gave no answer and Holiday and Bobo exchanged a mournful glance.
"Six" White Knight asked again.
Six pushed up his glasses. "She glitched again. I lost her"
"Maybe that's a good thing" Holiday added.
"When she shows up again. I want her in custody"
"Hey marshmallow, we all do. Now shut up and go meditate or something" Bobo shot off.
White Knight just gave him a dirty look and the screen turned off.
Bobo looked up at Six and let his head fall. "we got bad news"
Six looked at Holiday, a mix of emotions flowing over his face. Holiday walked up to him and turned her face away. "Six... Rex, he" She couldn't say it without crying. "He's gone" She fell into Six and he wrapped her in a hug. It was over. Grief fell over the room like a thick fog. Even Bobo had nothing to say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"why is it so quiet? Where's Rex?"
Holiday slammed her clip board onto the desk. "He's dead Knight! And if you'd just get off your pompous throne and realize that he was more than a just a weapon..." she choked up.
White Knight had nothing more to say. He just turned off the screen. Six came up behind Dr. Holiday and set his hand on her shoulder. He let her cry on his once again. It was hard to accept the Rex was really dead. It'd be a lot more empty with him gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey remember when he stole your suit?"
"Yeah, he totally trashed it. I thought I was fired for good."
"Hey but he saved his favorite show"
"I still can't believe that he was so into that soap opera"
Both Noah and Bobo chuckled at the memory. It was only a day since it happened. Bobo figured Noah outta know. After all, he was Rex's best friend.
"Let's see how many times did he take one of Six's suits?" Bobo asked.
"Less than 10, more than 5." Noah smiled. "I'm sure of it"
They both chuckled again.
"Ya know?" Bobo said. "I think Six was the only one in Providence that really saw the kid's potential.
"Rex really looked up to him" Noah added. "Kind of like a father."
"Yeah" Bobo nodded. "I noticed that too"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I don't know what to do Sensei. I need you guidance."
"You have the power, you have the will. What's holding you back?"
Sara looked up and saw Jacob Riley standing before her. "Sensei!" She held back. "I'm imagining you aren't I?"
"Most likely." Jacob responded.
"Do you really think it'll work? I tried and... it hurts. I'll die if I do it. He'll die if I don't" Sara flopped onto the floor. "I'm torn between self preservation and doing the right thing. I'm gonna die anyway"
Jacob knelt beside her. "Why do you want to do it the first place. Start with that"
Sara sat up and looked her vision in the eyes. "A man that's lost a wife is called a widower. Vice versa is a widow. A child wit no parents an orphan... but... there's no word for a parent that loses a child." Sara let her head fall. "Why waste all this energy when I can undo something that I did?"
Jacob set his hand on Sara's head. "There ya go. Sounds like you've made up your mind."
Sara looked back up at him. "Yeah, I guess I have." She smiled.
Jacob stood up and started to fade. "Sara, make sure you give him something to live for" He disappeared.
"Yes sensei."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There's a security breach! I want it taken care of!" White Knight was Freaking out. Six was already on the situation.
"I can't get a good reading on it" Holiday complained. "It's a just a..." Her words fell. "Six, It's Glitch" the readings showed nothing but a large mass of energy.
{"Understood." Six replied.}
"Why is she here?" Bobo asked.
"I haven't the slightest" Holiday replied.
"Maybe she came to apologize"
"Doubt it" Holiday snapped.
"Hate to be negative but I might have an idea" Caesar said.
"yeah what is it?" Bobo demanded.
"Well, it's highly improbable and the likeliness of it happening successfully is very slim"
"Spill it" Holiday demanded.
"She could have come back to use Rex and a container. Hers is burned out remember?"
"Six, make sure she doesn't reach Rex" Holiday shouted.
{"Didn't plan on it" Six called back. "She won't leave here alive" he could already see Glitch near the room where Rex was.}
"Don't do anything you'll regret Six" Holiday warned.
{"I won't regret this" Six said.}
"Six, don't do anything stupid!" Holiday shouted. "SIX!" she looked down at Bobo.
"Yeah, Yeah" Bobo said, reading the doctors mind. "Make sure he doesn't do anything dumb" The chimp hurried out of the lab.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was useless, Six had taken out his communicator. He attacked Sara from behind but his sword passed right through her. Not only was she transparent but she was now untouchable.
She raced past Six in fear. "Dude! I'm trying to help!"
She ran down the hall trying to avoid and hide from the agent. After about 1 or 2 minutes of this, she was already winded. Sara turned a corner and became blocked by Bobo. He fired a bunch of rounds at her but just like Six's swords, they passed right threw Sara and into the wall.
"ok, what's with the ghost get up?" Bobo asked.
"No idea, but I'm here to help." Sara scowled at him. "if you'd just stop attacking me I can explain"
"Not gonna happen" Six had put his swords together, crating the magnet. He remembered what happened last time Sara was hit with the magnetic pulse and did it again.
Sara screamed in pain as the pulse tore at her.
Whoa!" Bobo covered his ears and hunkered down.
Six came up and stood over Sara, sword aimed true.
"Alright, you." Sara sighed. "You give me no choice" She glitched and vanished, reappearing in the lab.
"Six!" holiday blurted out. "She's in the lab!"
"Give her a magnetic or electronic pulse" Six ordered. "It'll take her down"
"Not gonna happen" Sara touched the computer, shorting it out.
"how'd she do that?!" Caesar cried.
Holiday did the same as Bobo and fire off rounds at the intruder and had just about the same luck as the chimp did too.
Six and Bobo burst through the door and the team surrounded the Glitch. This was only fulfilling her plan. "I can do this with all of you trying to kill me. So you leave me no choice." Her energy swirled around her feet and Caesar frantically tried to reboot the computer for a pulse attack but it was to no prevail. Sara sent out a pulse of her own, short-circuiting everyone brain. It didn't kill anyone or do any serious damage. It just knocked them all out.
"Ok, time to get to work" Sara said and kidnapped Six, dragging him to where Rex was. She set him against the wall and opened the door.
There was Rex, laying motionless, lifeless. Sara walked up to him and let her head fall. "I'm sorry, Rex. This really was my fault. But I'm here to make it up."
She reached out and bit her lip. "Are you sure this is going to work?"
"You have the power, you have the will. But it's all your choice. No one cam make it for you" Sara's imaginary sensei stood across from her on the other side of Rex. "Just take a deep breath and focus"
Sara nodded and placed her hand on Rex's chest. Her energy swirled around them both and flowed into the boy's lifeless body. Sara cried in pain as it left her and reactivated Rex's nanites. It took all she had to keep on going through the pain. The worst part was that it took about 10 minutes to reactivate them all.
When it was finished, Sara fell to her knees to recollect herself. She barely had any energy left. Certainly not enough to live on; not even for a day.
"did... did it work?" she asked aloud as she stumbled to her feet. She looked down at Rex and was about to give up right there. "He's... he's not breathing. It didn't work"
"It will" her sensei appeared again. "Be patient"
Sara started at Rex with hope and the weight lifted off her shoulders when he took a breath. He moves his head to the side and whimpered. It would take a while for him to wake up but he was alive.
Sara turned to leave and saw Six, still out cold against the wall. "Something to live for...." she thought. "You think it will work?"
"Uh, I don't know. But it never hurts to try?" her sensei said.
"If it doesn't? That's ok. I did what I came here for but why not." Sara knelt beside Six and reached out to touch him when his eyes snapped open and he grabbed her wrist.
"Not intangible anymore" Six growled and threw her aside, sword at the ready. "I'm not letting you use Rex. I'll die before I'll let that happen"
"You are so thickheaded" Sara groaned, struggling to get up. She glitched behind him, making him turn and repeated that same glitch, kicking him in the head. But Six was a fighter. He stood up and Sara shoved him against the wall. "You'll thank me later" She pressed her hand against his head and he slid to the floor as her energy flowed through him.
"This better work" Sara said and she cried in pain as the rest of her energy left her.