Sequel: 007

Glitch

Return

Sitting in front of him, Sara watched Six to see if it worked. She was exhausted but she has to keep awake just a little longer. She leaned forward and whispered in his ear. "give Rex something to live for" She sat back and hoped for the best.
Sara smiled as Six's eyes opened. They were the same color as her energy, a solid yellow. It had worked, he was remembering.
She hid in the shadows as he stumbled to his feet, using the wall to lean in. Having that much memory suddenly returned probably gave him a massive headache.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Six opened his eyes as the blocked memories flooded him mind. They were jarred loose and released. He remembered when he first found Rex.
[flash back... "Is that sword for real? Are you a ninja? I was speaking Spanish. Is this Mexico? Why are we sneaking arou......" -muffled- "Dude, your hand smells like monkey breath" ...end]
Six used the wall to help him stand up. His head throbbed. He didn't even notice Rex walking through the door into the hall. Neither did his mind register Rex's voice.
"Six, are you ok?"
"Yeah, I'm... I'm fine. But Rex, he's... oh"
"I'm right here. Are you sure you're ok Six?"
Six stood up, still a bit dizzy. Rex came over to help steady him partner. "Six?"
When Six's vision cleared, he saw Rex's face staring at him, worry sprawled all over it. "Rex?"
"Yeah..." Rex said unsure. "Do I need to take you to Holiday?"
"Rex... you're... alive" Six started at him in shock.
"well, duh, what else would I be?" Rex put a hand on Six's shoulder. "Did something happen? I'm not a ghost am I?"
Six smiled but it faded as he wobbled on his feet. Rex caught him and embraced him in a hug. "I'm back, now. It's ok"
The memories that flooded back to Six, also came with emotions connected to them. All of that at once was too much for him and Six gave way. Because of his violent emotions, Six's tears flowed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rex hugged his mentor a little tighter, glad to have him back. He looked up for just a second and saw a ghost-like Sara with her older ghost-like sensei standing behind her with his hands on her shoulders. She looked up at her mentor and touched his hand with hers. Looking back at Rex and Six she smiled and the pair disappeared, never to be seen again.
It was finished. Student and teacher, father and son were reunited.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wish you could see the picture that started all of this.... :C It's so amazing.