Status: slow process

CM Punk's Daughter

appointment

My dad and I were waiting for the therapist to call my name. I was scared, I felt anxious about having to talk to someone about my problems. A lady came out and called my name out, she lead us into her office. My dad sat down on the couch and I sat as close as I could to him.
"Hello, my name is Dr.Jen. How are you today, Ariel?"
"I'm okay."
"You're okay. Do you feel nervous about being here?"
"Ugh...no"
"So your not scared?"
"Ummm...no"
"So Ariel could I ask you a question?"
I nodded.
"Why did you sit so close to your dad?"
I turned to look at my dad who gave me a reassuring nod.
"Umm...i...umm...dont..know"
"Are you sure?"
I nooded my head again
"I think you sat next to your dad because he's your comfort zone. You know as long as your with your dad your safe. Is that true?"
"Yeah" i said looking down.
"So Phil do you have any questions for me?"
"Yeah actually I do, Ariel tends to misbehave a lot. When I try to punish her, she gets a panic attack. So I need to know what I could do so she won't misbehave anymore."
"What is that Ariel does when she misbehaves?"
My dad turned to look at me
"Well she tends to have a smart mouth, she acts like a little kid by stomping her feet and whining. She also likes to do the opposite of what I tell her to do, and when I try to punish her she starts shaking and crying. So she ends getting away with it."
"What do you do as punishment?"
"I take away her phone, t.v, and her computer but since I realized she doesn't care about those thinks. I told her I was going to punish her like a little kid , so I spank her, but she hasn't been spanked because she start to freak out. But the thing is she keeps misbehaving and I want that to stop that but I don't know how to get her to stop."
"I think a good punishment for her is putting her in time out. I know its for little kids but since you say she behaves like one it would suit her. And if she starts crying just let her cry. If she doesn't stop acting up then I would suggest to spank her. If she panics just continue with the punishment and then after calm her down and tell her why you had to punish her."
This was stupid to me. Timeout? I'm not a five year old , i said to myself. The rest of the appointment was Dr.Jen asking about school and other pointless stuff. My dad and I were finally going home.
"Dad your not really going to do that right?" I asked
"Do what?"
"The whole timeout thing."
"Yeah I am, I think it will help."
I rolled my eyes,
"Thats stupid."
"Ariel." My dad said sternly
"Sorry."