‹ Prequel: Glitch

007

Babysitting

"Oh! A taco stand!" Bobo raced past Six and Rex to get something to eat.
"Does he think of anything other than food?" Caesar asked.
"not really, no" Rex shook his head. "He'd eat himself to death if he could"
Six frowned and called to Holiday. "Why am I stuck babysitting these 3?"
{"Six, they've been stuck inside for a whole week, due to the snow. They deserve a break and if anything comes up, they have you to help"}
Rex shivered in the cold. "Wow, I can't remember the last time I was this cold." He thought for a second. "Oh yeah, it was in paradise"
"Paradise?" Cesar asked.
"Long story" Six interrupted. "It was near the arctic circle"
Caesar gave Rex a 'you're both insane' look but Rex cleared things up. "It was a base used for my extra nanites. Some nut job called it paradise"
"Man down! I'm hit! I'm hit!"
All 3 turned towards the cry, ready to attack. Rex became utterly confused, Six became irritated and Caesar just laughed at the scene.
"You are not a man. You are a boy!"
"Says the sister to the older brother." A teenager stood up with snow falling from his face. "That same sister, who manically aimed at my face!"
"What are they doing?" Rex asked.
"It's a snow ball fight, Hijo" Caesar explained. He looked over at Rex's confusion.
"I've never actually been in a snowball fight" Rex said.
"Really?" Caesar asked.
"I don't even know the rules. Is there a point system or is it..." Rex made a creepy kill face. "To the death"
Caesar laughed hard. "Come on I'll show you." He took Rex's arms and walked over to the other siblings.
Six simply sat on the sidelines and watched, while talking to Holiday. "So, how come you stayed home?"
{"White's got me working." Holiday grumbled. "Which I could be with you, but you know White."}
"Unfortunately yes" Six agreed.
"They're not causing trouble are they?"
"If getting a potential black eye from snow is trouble, then yes."
"What?" Holiday asked.
"Snow ball fight. Rex said he'd never been in one."
"You know, I don't think he ever has..." Holiday thought out loud. "Oh well." She paused and Six could hear White Knight in the distance.
"Sounds like you have your hands full" Six said.
"Yeah, sorry Six. I have to focus"
"Understood" Six looked up as Caesar went down. Rex was laughing hard. The girl next to him yelled at her brother. "You throw like a girl!"
"What does that say about you?" Rex asked.
The girl stuck out her tongue and Caesar got his revenge, scoring a snowball at her ear. The fight went on to where everyone ended up against each other. Bobo eventually joined in and he and Rex went full on 'to the death'. Rex won.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"best fight ever." the girl flopped onto her back. "Man, you are a good aim" She turned to Rex and sat up.
"Thanks" Rex said and helped her up.
"Ow, my shoulder hurts" Caesar walked up and frowned. "No thanks to you"
"Learn to duck" The girl said, making Rex laugh.
"That was so much fun" Rex high-fived her, then turned to his own brother. "Can we do that again?"
"Sure, Caesar shrugged. "But I'm going to wait until I'm done feeling sore."
"Sorry," the girl said. "My brother and I get carried away sometimes."
"Where is your brother?" Rex asked.
The girl looked around a bit sad. "ah man, he did it again." She folded her arms and pouted. "Dean's stupid teacher ninjas him off almost every day."
"um, ninjas are a noun"
Rex hit Caesar lightly on his sore shoulder, making the geek flinch.
"His teacher?" Rex asked.
"Yeah, my brother's in martial arts. Dead's great when it comes to swords."
"Hey! I'm hungry! Let's get some chow!" Bobo called.
"What about all those tacos you just ate?!" Caesar stared at the bottomless pit.
"We learn to live with it" Rex told him.
"Who's the ape?" the girl asked.
"That's Bobo." Rex said. "I'm Rex by the way. This is Caesar he's..."
"Your brother?" The girl asked. "I kinda figured. I'm Cassie and the other guy who is no longer here was my brother, Dean" She looked over at Six and glanced at the brothers. "I'm probably wrong on this, but is that your dad?" she asked.
The brothers began denying it multiple times.
"Ok, ok. So..."
"He's their baby sitter" Bobo walked up. "I just tagged along"
Cassie raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you guys a little old for a sitter?" She pointed at Caesar "You're what, 20 something?"
Before Caesar could answer, Six called them over. "We have a situation."
"gotta go" Rex grinned. "See ya Cas!"
"Ok, bye" Cassie shook her head in amusement as the team of 4 hurried off. Once gone she started laughing. "babysitter. Losers"