Jack Frost in the World of Elven

4

Nora rode Lion as he galloped through the snow. Above flew Jack Frost after a long winter of bring fun and ice to the world. It was time for a break and Nora agreed that she would stay in a small village in Alaska for the summer where it was still chilly and not that far from the North Pole. Whenever Jack could, he would visit Nora and they would talk and have fun in the snow. One day Jack came over after he created a snow storm. Nora was reading a book at the time of her visit. She looked up as she felt a cold chill in the air.
“Jack?” she asked as she saw her friend.
“Hey Nora” Jack said. “What do you think of my work?” He pointed outside the window.
Mora smiled. “It will be so when you are finished. I hope it covers everything.”
“It will” Jack said as he sat down. “I’ll make sure of it”
“Don’t you need to stay outside?” Nora asked
Jack simply shook his head. “I can stay inside once I have made it snow” He laughed “I’m not as strict as the others” He smiled and gave Nora a kiss on the cheek.
Nora smiled. “I’m glad that you can come visit as often as you do, Jack” She gave him a hug which was gladly received. “It a bit cold out so I hope you don’t mind if I stay inside”
Jack nodded. “I don’t mind, as long as I can stay with you”
“Sure” Nora said. “Want to watch a movie?” she asked innocently.
“Why not” Jack said as he sat next to her. “I haven’t seen a movie for a while.”
Nora turned on the TV and looked for a movie that she recorded, when she found it, she turned to Jack. “I hope you don’t mind if we watched this, I’ve been waiting for a day lie this so I could watch it”
Jack read the title “Christmas Carol?” (Jim Carry’s Christmas Carol)
Nora nodded. “It has ghosts in it… I like ghosts and stuff. I don’t think it has you or the others in it though… well the legends anyway”
“Sure” Jack said “Sounds cool.”
During the movie, there was a chase scene involving the spirit from the future. Nora got scared and hid in Jack’s arm. He laughed and hugged her. She ended up falling asleep and Jack carried her to her room. He watched her as she slept and kissed her on the cheek. She grabbed his hand as she slowly opened her eyes. “Don’t go yet” she said.
Jack paused and gave a sad smile. “It stopped snowing, and I have to check in with North”
“Why do you have to go?” Nora asked quietly.
“I’m a guardian now, it’s my responsibility” Jack replied. “I’ll be back, I promise”.
Little did he know, that the next time he sees Nora, it will be from a far and will be a sad goodbye.