Jack Frost in the World of Elven

8

“Nora!!!” Jack called, And rushed for the hole, but it froze over as he touched it. “NO!” he called with anger.
Lion got up and ran for the place where Nora fell. Using his massive weight he broke the ice and reached his head into the water. He pulled out Nora and Jack rand for her. He took Nora in his arms. She was shivering. Nora reached her trembling hand for Jack. “ya know, Winter Bringer…”She said. “for the first time I’ve been with you… I’m cold”
Jack, leaned down and kissed Nora.
Nora kissed him back. “I love you Jack” She said. She shivered and closed her eyes for good.
Nora!” Jack said. “I’m sorry” He cried. “I love you Nora, please come back”
Jack cried and picked Nora up. Lion licked Nora’s hand but got no response. Jack looked at Nora’s pet. “Let’s bring her home” He said.
Lion just lay down and looked at Jack. Somehow Jack knew that the beast was staying here. Jack sighed and flew off to Nora’s home.
Chiron could sense that something was wrong. He paced around the front yard as he wondered where his sister was. She had recently sent a letter that she would be coming home.
“That was 2 weeks ago, she should have arrived yesterday” Chiron thought. He felt a cold wind blow through the yard. Even though he could not see, he could tell it was Jack. “Winter Bringer?” He asked. “Why have you come,” He could feel the tenseness Jack had. “What happened?” Chiron asked. “Where is Nora?”
Jack looked away. “I’m sorry Chiron. I tried to save her, he just, Pitch did this, I’m so sorry”
Nora’s father came out and saw Chiron staring into space. (It was actually Jack but the father couldn’t see him) “Chiron, what’s wrong? What are you staring at?” He walked over.
Chiron turned to his father. “Father, you must believe me when I say this wither bringer exists. Trust in what Nora said. Close your eyes and picture him, but when you open them, you won’t like what you see”
The father did this and as he opened his eyes, he saw Jack holding Nora in his arms. He looked, open mouthed. “What… happened?”
Jack sighed. “I tried to save her, sir, I promise I did. I’m sorry I let you down.”
The father took Nora from Jack. He wasn’t mad at the winter bringer, only sad that his daughter was gone. “Where is her pet?”
Jack told him that the beast refused to follow him back. “He wanted to stay” Jack said.
The father sighed and tears came to his eyes. “Thank you for trying to protect her… Jack Frost” He took Nora inside.
Jack let his head fall; tears ran down his cheeks and he went to the lake that he first said hi to his love.
A week later, he attended Nora’s funeral, only the father could see Jack, but that didn’t last very long. Jack finally went back to the north and stayed there throughout the spring and summer. Lion stayed with Jack the entire time. He was Jack’s new company; Jack was Lion’s new master. When fall rolled around, Jack left to bring the first winter winds to the colder cities in places like Russia and Alaska.
Watching him was the spirit of a young Elven, her ears tipped with a frosty blue, and even her skin was lightly tinted in a bluish purple shade. She smiled as she saw Jack slowly regain his cheer. Every spring and summer she watched him play with Lion. “How ironic” She thought. “My pet and my love will last forever. Forever together in this winter wonderland”