Status: Started writing this on a whim.. So if it sucks, plz cut me some slack. :)

Don't Let Me Down

Prologue

~ 2010 ~

Its impossible.
I know it is, but my brain was experiencing an earthquake.

Category 8.9

The alarm on my phone is BLARING.
And with every annoying honk, i could feel the fatty cells that consisted of my brain shatter.

Good god...
If this is what a hangover felt like - I don't know how Oliver manages to go to class after his weekends.

I pull my arm out from under my head, and reach up towards the end table in search of my phone. My fingers skim the glass counter top until they make contact with the cold vibrating plastic monster, and i snatch it.
I press the main button hoping to silence it, but it continues its cries. It takes everything in me not to throw it across the room in a fit of frustration.

Ive been awake for less than 30 seconds and i already know - this is going to be the worst day of my life.

I open my eyes and regret it almost instantly. Though i can tell its early in the morning, what little light there is makes it past the (off white) curtains and stings the shit out of my eyes.
A groan escapes me and i hide my head under the covers, bringing the portable howler machine with me.
I try the 'open my eyes' thing again, and this time though the light of the screen hurts me - i feel more prepared.

The first thing i notice is its not the alarm.

The second thing is its not my phone.

Some beautiful blonde woman's picture is staring at me, with a smile on her face, as i desperately try to focus my eyes.
Part of me wonders at what point during the night had i taken out my contacts.
And where I'd left them. (They were expensive and my ONLY pair.)
I manage to read the caller I.D before the blaring stops and the phone screen goes black. The pretty blonde's name is Olivia.
I vaguely remember Mina complaining about her new sorority sister being clingy and annoying. Maybe Olivia was that 'sister'...?
Which meant this must be Mina's phone.
I contemplated on getting up, walking to her room and giving her her phone - but my brain seemed to say it hated that idea as it throbbed painfully behind my eyes.

Later. I'll give it to her later.

I place it back on the table and stuff my face into the pillow, hoping to get - at the very least - 4 more hours of sleep. That mission though seemed almost impossible with this overused bed. It was lumpy in all the wrong places but somehow still very soft...i breathe in hoping my body would just ignore the bed.
It smells good.
My pillow.
Clean and sweet, with some chocolate and smoky undertones.
I have to remember to ask the cleaning service what detergent brand they used to wash it with.

The sandman seems to take pity on me and my first ever hangover, because moments later i feel the slow pull of sleep start to take me.
My achy body loosens and I'm in that strange in between world, were I'm not asleep but I'm not awake either.
So when the bed moves i don't think anything of it.
I figure it could be me tossing around, trying a more comfortable sleeping position.
Its only when i feel the warmth of someones arm encase me and pull me into them, that my brain switches on and rushes into flight or fight mode.

I shove off the bed and land on the carpet floor before i even open my eyes.
Pain shoots out from my wrist and I wince. Its hurt - badly. Not broken, but definitely sprained. I try to push myself off the floor but my body aches and the once easy task proves to be impossible. So instead of standing I reach for Mina's phone, prepared to use it as a weapon.

I look up towards the bed and freeze.

I wasn't sure what i was expecting - maybe a creepy old guy, who snuck into my room as i slept just to cop a feel - i don't know - but i certainly wasn't expecting a sleeping naked man with lipstick smudged onto his lips.

Correction, with MY lipstick smudged onto his lips .

I immediately look down and inspect myself. I'm dressed in a white loose fitted shirt, that I assume is his, and my underwear. Red blotches cover my hips and when I move to get a better look, the aches I had felt before return.

I fall back on my butt shocked.

Did i have sex with him?
I force my brain to play back my memories of last night.
Everything is jumbled and unfocused, but i could still remember dancing; Mina offering me a pink drink, lots of laughing, Oliver calling to check up, more dancing, and then...nothing. I couldn't even remember meeting him.
HOW COULD I NOT REMEBER?

I take in the room around me. Its still fairly clean excluding the small piles of clothes scattered around the bed.
I want to scream, but instead I look at him.

His hair was a lazy curly mess too dark for his fair skin, but it suited him.
His lashes were full but short, and fluttered lightly as he slept.
He was cute.

And i couldnt even remember his name...
♠ ♠ ♠
The 2010 story line will continue throughout the story. (In case you were wondering)
I made this specific part up while at the library today. I just hope its good enough for your guys taste. :)
I wanted to give you some Ben right away, so you know, you guys wouldn't get all antsy.

I know its not much, but its the best i can do right now. With class, homework, and my volunteer job...i get home all crapped out.

I promise to try and write once a week. If i can't, i'll post why.

Anyway, i hope you guys like it and be on the look out for the next chapter!

Looking forward to hear from you...
- your fellow Cumbercookie.

"Most people don't believe something can happen until it already has. That's not stupidity or weakness, that's just human nature." - remember this quote...its important. ;)