Scars

Chapter 5: I Can't Take This World Anymore

Chapter 5

Vic's POV

I couldn't take it anymore. The beatings and the words that come from all of their mouths. It was like nobody loved me nobody, except my boyfriend and brother. Everyone else despised me, my peers at school, my teachers, even my own father hates my guts. I just couldn't stand the world anymore. I had to do something about it. So I did the only thing I could think of at the moment.

Since Jaime slept like he was dead it wasn't that hard to slip out of his bedroom without waking him. After I was sure I hadn't woken up the sleeping Jaime. I made my dash to the kitchen to grab the sharpest knife I could find in the knife block. Slipping it out of the knife block slowly I watch it in fascination, thinking about how could such a thing such as this could kill someone.

I slipped the knife into the pocket of my sweatshirt. Hiding it from the rest of the world, just in case they saw me with it. If they did it would ruin everything, I wouldn't be able to save myself from this awful place I'd be stuck here and that was something I didn't want to happen. It might of been a selfish thing to do, but I didn't care in that moment. i just needed the pain to stop and that was exactly what I was going to do, make the pain stop.

I silently walk back to Jaime's bedroom, slipping inside with a grace I didn't know I possessed. It was probably just because I couldn't let Jaime wake up. No, not yet. I needed this plan to work and if he knew what I planned on doing he would stop me from it. He'd tell me how much he loved me and how much he doesn't want me out of his life. I coudn't hear it,I just couldn't it would make me regret thinking about it, thinking about killing myself.

I walk on the tips of my toes, passed Jaime's bed and into his bathroom. I quickly shut and lock the door. I couldn't have Jaime coming in and stopping me. I don't need to be stopped. I am through with thia world. Through with everything it entails, all the heartbreat and hurt, I couldn't be put through it all anymore.

I hear Jaime's voice after the first couple slices of my wrists. He couldn't stop me anymore, I had already started and they're was nothing that anybody could do to stop me anymore. I make another slice as Jaime's voice starts coming closer and another as he finally realizes what I am planning on doing in the bathroom.

I hear Jaime's screams from the other side of the bathroom door, but ignore them as I bring the blade down to make another slice along my wrist, making it the fifth one since I locked myself inside here.

I watch as the blood drips down from my wrist and onto the white tiles of the bathroom floor. This was the only thing I can think of doing when I am hurt. Bringing the razor I have made my best friend for years now, down onto my tan wrists and watching as the blood slips out from those cuts and onto the bathroom floor. I make some more slashes onto my other wrist and soon I realize I have done it, as I start to become dizzy. My wrists bleeding uncontrollably onto the floor as I fall down along with them.

"Vic open the fucking door! I will break this shit down!"

I hear Jaime's voice, understands what he wants, but even if I wanted to open that door I couldn't. I knew it, I was going to die here on this bathroom floor. I had always wanted to do this, kill himself, but now I'm thinking about the boy on the other side of the door. Jaime has been there for me, loved me, but I was being selfish and had to do something that was going to break the one person I love most in the world's heart and that thought makes me want to take it all back, the suicide attempt everything, but I can't and that scares me.

I can faintly hear the sound of the door falling to the ground and Jaime finally being able to enter the room. The sight before him was probably the worst in the world, horrible. I was laying on the floor half dead with both of my wrists cut open and bleeding. I hear as he bursts into tears as he runs over to the boy he loves dearly, me.

"How could they do this to you, baby?" Those were the last words I had heard before everything had turned black.

***

Jaime couldn't stop them, the tears, even after the paramedics had arrived and told him that Vic was going to be alright. He just couldn't stop seeing his baby on the bathroom floor after he almost took his own life. Jaime hadn't even realized how depressed Vic truly was and that scared him. It scared him to know that even though Vic acted so happy around him, he was the saddest boy in the world.

Mike wasn't doing any better then Jaime at the moment. Jaime had called Vic's younger brother after he had gotten to the hospital and the boy couldn't stop crying. Mikey was cuddling with him trying to make him calm down, but it was useless. The only person that is left in his family that he actually cares about tried to kill himself and if he had succeeded Mike would have been all alone in this world. It might not seem like it, but Mike needs his older brother just like Vic needs him. He couldn't survive without him. He just loved him so much.

As soon as they saw Vic's doctor Jaime and Mike rose to their feet, almost falling over them in the process. The doctor gave the two boys a sympathetic look that made them both scared that maybe the paramedics were wrong. Vic wasn't alright.

"He's lost a lot of blood, but we managed to stop the bleeding and he'll be alright." The doctor tells the teenagers, they both let go a sigh of relief, but the doctor wasn't done. "However I'm sorry to tell you this, but your friend has slipped into a depression induced coma."

The news depressed the three teenagers. Even Mikey couldn't help but start cryng at the doctor's words. Vic was his friend too and he couldn't believe that he's sleeping and won't wake up. Not for a while at least.

"This form of coma is very rare and I've only ever seen it once before. If someone is depressed enough they can push themselves into a coma and only he can pull himself out of it." The doctor explains the unusual coma to them.

Jaime wipes the tears off his cheeks and calms down enough so that he can talk to the kind doctor. "Can we see him?"

The gray haired doctor nods. "Yes." He gives them a small smile. "Actually I'd encourage it maybe your voices can help boost the boys confidence to wake up."

With those words the doctor bids them farewell and leaves the teenagers to discuss they're friend who may never wake up from a coma that Vic caused himself. Jaime let's Mike go see his brother first, since after all Mike was his family while all Jaime was, was Vic's boyfriend who was too stupid to realize that his baby was killing himself in Jaime's own bathroom. Jaime couldn't help, but feel like this was all his fault. That if it wasn't for him Vic wouldn't be in a coma right now.

Mike comes back out of the emergency room doors with tears streaming down his face. Jaime was guessing he didn't get anywhere with helping the older boy wake up. Mike runs straight past Jaime and into Mikey's arms, crying into the smaller boy's shoulder. Jaime sighs before pushing his way into the emergency room, heading straight to Vic's room

The sight in that room makes Jaime's heart clench in his chest. Vic is hooked up to an IV with a breathing tube in his nose to make sure that the boy doesn't stop breathing. His wrists were covered in bandages and Jaime can't help, but cry. Who could do this to him? Vic was the sweetest human being on this planet.

Jaime walks over to the hospital bed and sits in the empty chair beside it, taking a hold of his boyfriend's hand. "Come back to me baby," he whispers the words to the lifeless boy on the bed. He doesn't get any type of reaction from Vic and Jaime didn't really expect one, but he was still depressed that he didn't get Vic to come back to this world. He just couldn't belive that he might not ever wake up. No, Jaime couldn't even think it. His vic would wake up, he knows it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! I'm sooooo sorry, but I am not sorry! :) I love to cause you people feelings! :P Anyways tell me what you think!