Mini Saga

Monster Mash

Little Annabelle always wondered how the skeleton decoration hanging on her porch was in a different position every night. It was just a plastic Halloween decoration, so it couldn’t move… right? She figured it was because of the wind blowing the lightweight around. So she wanted to find out. On October 30, Annabelle stayed up to find out. She was only 8 years old, so it was scary staying up all night. She had her dog with her to scare off the monsters outside. She heard the rattling of bones outside her window and peeked out from her blinds. She saw her decoration moving. The wind wasn’t blowing but he was moving. He looked as if he were talking. The skeleton bride that was also a decoration on the front porch, got up from her seat and took the skeleton down. They walked down the street holding hands. Annabelle saw the other neighbors’ decorations moving too. The zombie hands in her neighbor’s yard fell down and up from the ground came a real zombie. It waved to her skeletons and helped 3 or 4 other zombies out of the ground. The spider decorations in the yards became real spiders. So did the witch decorations and the black cat decorations. All of them became real and started making their way to the end of the street where it was a dead end. An old empty house was at the edge of the dead end. Annabelle couldn’t suppress her curiosity. She got dressed in her Halloween costume and put her dog in his. She grabbed a flashlight and followed the now, living yard decorations. With her cat costume and her dog’s looking like a dragon, Annabelle fit right in.
A werewolf decoration looked at her suspiciously while walking down the street. Annabelle was sure that she’d get caught and that the werewolf would eat her. However the decoration just shook his head, and went on his way. Annabelle sighed with relief and continued to follow the group.
As she walked past the houses, all of their decorations came to life. She even saw the pumpkins coming to life and bounding after the party of living decor. Annabelle turned off her flashlight when a butler decoration with a lantern came to life and led the way.
Once they were at the end of the street, all the decorations went into the old house. Annabelle heard music and saw all of the decorations start to dance. An ancient set of armor in the house came to life and became the DJ. It lasted all night. Annabelle became best friends with the werewolf that got suspicious at first. He turned out to be a big teddy bear. They danced the night away. Her dog spent the night playing with a black cat.
When the sun began to rise, all of the decorations made a mad dash to their homes. Annabelle’s skeleton passed her and Annabelle’s dog barked. The skeleton stopped in his tracks. He realized he had been caught. He put a finger to his mouth, motioning to keep this a secret and Annabelle nodded, putting a finger to her lips. The skeleton picked her up and carried her home, with his bride and Annabelle’s dog following quickly.
Once back home, the bride helped the skeleton back into his place and then sat down on her chair. As the sun rose and shone on the couple, they ceased to show any life. Annabelle was left alone on her front porch, watching the sunrise with her dog. She smiled to herself. Maybe next year, she could go to the party again. Of course, she’d have to get more decorations. The more, the merrier… right?