My Little Killer

Sealed with a Kiss

Onyx wakes on her floor, the stray cat sleeping next to her. It comes usually when it wants food but never stays the night. She pets it and stands stretching. Walking over to the kitchen of her garden level apartment, she grabs a can of tuna and opens it for the stray, then grabs some food for herself. She stills wonders about the caller from last night. He just appeared, and then vanished into thin air. His energy was dark and strong but he seemed kind to her. However she can’t remember his face at all. “I don’t get it, Vice. Was he a demon, spirit, vampire or what?” Onyx gets a meow as if the cat was saying ‘don’t bother me I’m eating”
“Well then” Onyx says. “Be that way” She chuckles and grabs her phone seeing a new text. “Do what I said. Stay alive, Kitten. I’ll give you a different job later in the week”
“Ok, thanks” Onyx texts back. “What are you?”
“Something you don’t like” He texts back. “Don’t worry about it.”
Onyx frowns and puts the phone away, getting dressed and heading out to go shopping for food. She only had about $30 so it wouldn’t buy much. She gets the basics and buys her favorite snack… chips and salsa that takes $10 out of her pocket but she’s happy and heads back home. She finds the cat sitting on her bed. “Are you staying here, Vice?” She asks. “I’m fine with it; just go outside to use the bathroom. I mean it” Onyx puts away her food and frowns. “Great, I’m talking to a cat” She shakes her head. “I really need some social interaction” So she heads out in casual jeans and a t-shirt to see what conversations she can drum up. She heads to her local bar hall The Angel and the Soldier. There’s always people to talk to; some friendly, some not. The bartender was a riot; Onyx always enjoyed his company. She walks in to find it a little empty. “What’s the matter?” She asks. “Not open on… on… uh what day is it?”
“Sunday, little lady” The bartender says. “Not much business here on the Sabbath”
“Oh” Onyx says. “Right… wow it’s already Sunday?”
The man chuckles. “Yes Ma’am. Have a long night last night or what?”
“Long doesn’t even begin to describe it” Onyx says. “Can uh… do you still have those breakfast croissants?”
“It’ll be at a price” The man teases. “Ah, come on Allen.” Onyx says. “Please?”
“Then puppy eyes don’t work on me, you know that” He says. “But alright. You look like you had a hard night. It’s on the house”
“Thanks Allen” Onyx sighs. She shivers at the thought of getting possessed the other night. It makes her sick to her stomach and she goes silent.
“Onyx?” Allen asks. “What’s wrong? You look like you’ve seen a dead man”
“Ghost.” Onyx says. “It’s ‘like you’ve seen a ghost’ but it’s not that. I just… it was a really rough night”
“Who is he?” Allen frowns. “I know that look; seen it on many a man. You’ve either broke up or gonna kill a man. Let it be the first little lady”
“Love is so over rated” Onyx interrupts. “I just… yeah, it’s the 2nd but I already have and it wasn’t a man.”
The man stands straighter and lifts his chin. “Let’s hear it”
Onyx sighs. “Do you believe in demons, Allen?”
“Yes I do. Everyone has them.” Allen says.
“Not those. I mean true demons. The ones that live in Hell” Onyx says nomming the croissant.
“I meant those. Everyone has them. Whether they make a deal, or one’s just following them hoping for the person to break down.” Allen replies. “Why?”
“I got taken by one, Allen. I did things.” Onyx looks away. “I… I couldn’t break free.”
Allen puts a hand on hers. “It is gone? That’s the question”
“Yeah but… the things it made me do… I… I’m…”
“Onyx, I know how you feel. I was taken once” Allen says and looks over at a photo behind him. “See that? That’s Chrystal. Love of my life, she was. She made a deal with one of them and I tried to stop it. That damn thing used me as a meat sac for 10 years. It let me go… but the thing is. It’s never bothered me again.”
“It… it hasn’t?”
Allen shakes his head. “I did things too. But I put them behind me. That wasn’t me. Damn did I try to fight that thing off though. I never gave up and annoyed the thing so much it let me go.” He chuckles. “It didn’t want me anymore. I pestered it too much. So what about you? Fight it off are too annoying?”
“I don’t think it’s done with me. But I’m not done with it either. I’ll fight it off or just be so annoying it doesn’t want me as a vessel” Onyx smiles.
They chuckle as Onyx finishes off her food. The pair talks throughout the day, Onyx helps clean the bar and earns some cash; Allen tells more tales about his past but these are less demon and more stupid stories of his youth. By night, he’s got Onyx serving to her delight. More people come to drown their sorrows or talk among friends or hit on people or dance or whatever people do in bars. Onyx learns how to mix drinks and has a lot of fun with it. Allen considers having her permanently as he watches her fast paced work rake in tips. He talks about it after they close and Onyx accepts. She says she might get a text from her night employer and Allen understands. After all, people tell their bartender more than they tell some friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Onyx never gets the call from her contact; not the she cares. It’s a good break for her; it gives her time to get over the possession. By the time October comes around, Onyx has been in the US for 6 months and working for Allen for about 3. Onyx enjoys it and frequently just talks to Allen when there aren’t as much people and when there are people, she has fun running around and using some of her moves to mix the drinks and show off to the people.
As the assassin walks in this time she smiles at how creepy the place looks. Allen had put up a few Halloween decoration; the main being the fake spider web… everywhere. “Nice uh… abandoned look” Onyx says and sets her bag down.
“Thanks, I tried but this stuff is all I can really afford” Allen smiles.
“Oh no it looks very creepy.” Onyx smiles back. “I like it. So what are the drinks today?”
“Halloween themes.” Allen says. “Want to see?”
“Oh, yummy. Of course I do.” Onyx says and walks over reading the specials. “Hyde’s Potion, Black Devil, Black Magic, Zombie Slime, Blood Sucker, Pumpkin Spice… oh that sounds yummy… let’s see witch’s Brew, Zombie Brain, Zombie Guts… Ew gross” She smiles. “They’re very… interesting.”
“Thanks, Oh and Onyx” Allen reaches down to grab a drink he made for her. “Here, it’s nonalcoholic for those who don’t want to get buzzed. I though you could try it… you know, since you don’t handle your liquor very well”
Onyx pouts. “I handle it fine.” She lifts up her chin at him. “Jerk”
“Listen little lady. You don’t want another night like August 4th do you?”
Onyx grumbles and grabs the drink. “Ok fine, so I don’t drink much and because of that these little frilly drink hit me hard. There’s nothing wrong with it!”
“Easy, easy, I’m not judging.” Allen says. “Just try the drink? I think it’s good”
Onyx takes a sip and licks the foam off her lips. She noms the gummy worm and asks for more.
“Not until you give me rating. That one was hard to make”
“1-10? I give it an 8.” Onyx says. “I really like it. Now give me more worms or I quit” she laughs and Allen gives her a handful.
“Here, glutton” He teases. “Now hurry up, it’s only a few hours before this place fills up.”
That night, Onyx has her hands full. A lot of the girls ordered the themed drink and as usual, beers were the most common among men. It was busier than most days but Onyx figures it’s because it’s October and Halloween & October Fest are just around the corner. There were so many more men than normal and Allen teases Onyx to try and get a date. Lucky for the assassin though, everyone that’s been to bar before knows not to mess with her. They were so many visitors though that Onyx wonders if she can keep up. ½ ways through the night, another waiter takes Onyx’s place so she can take a break. She orders 3 of the drink that Allen gave her. “What is it again?” She asks
“Cemetery Punch” Allen replies and quickly cleans up a spilled drink. “Like it?”
“Love it” Onyx says and downs it. She licks the foam off her mouth and slowly eats the gummy worms. “Gosh I like these too” She says. “Got any more?”
“Mm I like you too sugar” A drunken stranger says.
“Go shove it up your ass” Onyx replies and turns to wait on a regular. The man slaps her ass and the regular pulls others over. Allen stops and leans against the wall shaking his head and feeling sorry for the stranger. Whenever Onyx was messed with, it was always a show and pain for the one that flirts. Onyx stops and turns, lips pursed. “So, who want to play that game?”
“Hell I do” The stranger says.
“Well, you know what game I want to play?” Onyx asks and gets close to his face.
The man licks him lips and smiles. “What?”
“This” Onyx grabs his shirt and throws him the ground. She pulls out her Athame blade and stabs it in the floor right next to his face while holding him still. “Do that again, and I’ll cut off your hand” She smiles and stands to see a person walking towards her and sarcastically clapping. “I’m impressed”
“You do realize that you have no power anymore right?” Onyx says standing. “Demon”
The demon lifts his head. “Bar’s a trap? He gives a shallow bow. Ok, I’m officially impressed. How’d you do it?”
“It’s in the cellar, covers this whole floor. And there’s one on the door.” Allen adds. “It’s drawn in stain that’s only a ½ shade darker than the actual wood.”
“Wow. You’re thorough. I’m not here to fight though. I’m here for deal”
“I don’t make deals with scum like you” Onyx smiles, a little buzzed from the one or two alcoholic drinks she’s had so the demon’s voice doesn’t ring familiar.
“Oh now come on. I was nice to you. It’s your turn” The demon walks forward and sees the stranger scramble away in fear of the assassin, who brings out her blade again. The people make a semi-circle around them, interested in the tension brewing.
“Screw you” Onyx says. “Demon’s aren’t allowed here. Those who come, don’t make it out”
The demon clicks his tongue. “Now see that’s where you’re wrong. I will make it out.”
“No you won’t” Onyx draws her pistol and fires her iron bullet. The demon curses and dodges but not enough to completely avoid her. It grazes his arm and burns into the door. He hisses against the pain and gasps. He’s surprised at the Assassin’s speed as she comes around behind him and puts her blade to his throat.
“So, I’m going to send you back to hell now. I hope you’ve had a nice visit.” Onyx snarls.
The demon put up his hands. “Take it easy, Kitten geez. I didn’t realize you hated us that much”
Onyx’s jaw drops and his voice rings in her ears. “You?!” she removed her blade and most people go back to doing whatever. “You’re a flipping demon?” Onyx practically throws a fit.
“Sorry to disappoint you, Kitten”
“Shut up. Just shut up” Onyx says sitting at the bar. She downs a shot and stares at him. “Why hire me to kills demons if you are one?”
“They’re all stupid and I’m their boss” The demon smiles satirically and downs a shot, himself. Onyx has reluctantly wrapped up his wound and let him stay. After all, he can’t really get out of the bar, it being a well-placed trap.
“Oh so are you telling them to tear the world?” Onyx snaps.
“Demons get bored too but there is 2 higher people fighting for my loyalty.”
“So you’re 2nd in charge then?” Onyx asks.
The demon shrugs. “One is a crazy bitch and the other is on earth bugging his vessel. So I am in charge in a sense.”
“Who’s the bitch?” Onyx asks.
“Name is Abbadon.” The demon says. “She want’s my boss’s job… to be Queen Bitch.” He shakes his head. “To be honest I think my boss might a wee bit scared of her. Hell I’m scared of her.” He says downing another shot.
Onyx orders 2 more of those Cemetery drinks, knowing that she can’t drink much without getting wasted. “So it’s not the one I’ve been tracking”
“The thing is, Kitten.” The demon says and turns to face her. “You can’t track her or find her. She finds you. The one you’ve been looking at is just as crazy and thinks that I’m her toy. Name is furfur”
Onyx almost chokes on her drink. “Seriously?”
“Yeah. Seriously”
“That’s… retarded” Onyx shakes her head. “But damn you’re right. She’s one freaky bitch. What’s with the kids? Because that is so… messed up”
“Oh it’s much worse than that.” The demon says. “There’s a rumor about her having a kinky thing with Abbadon as well. Called her Abby dear”
“Ew, gross” Onyx wrinkles her nose and pushes the unfinished drink back to Allen, her appetite ruined. “Speaking of names, I didn’t get your”
“Call me Crowley, Kitten”
“Really? Ok, with the kitten or should I just stick to Crowley?” Onyx asks.
“Very funny” Crowley rolls his eyes. “So, I came here for a job. Well, to give you one. It’s not a demon but I think you’ll like it”
“Nope” Onyx says. “Not unless you make me a promise”
Crowley becomes very interested at this point. “A deal?”
“Sure, why not” Onyx says. “You help me keep track of creatures, I’ll let you make as many deals as you want as won’t send your ass back to hell. You stop helping me or drop me like the angel did. I’ll send you back to hell quicker than you make your next deal”
Crowley takes a while to consider this. “So I can stay being me. As long I give you jobs. It seems a little unfair. Don’t you think?”
Onyx bits her lip. “What if I say… you wander right? So What If I say you can crash at my place where ever you want? I won’t make you pay and you get… 10% of everything I earn”
“Make it 15 and we might have deal” Crowley leans forward.
Onyx thinks for a sec then nods and holds out her hand. “Deal”
“Sorry, Kitten. I seal my deals with a kiss” Crowley smiles.
Onyx frowns. “No… way”
“Then no deal” Crowley sits back with his arms folded.
Onyx bites her lip again and looks away. “I hate you”
Crowley smiles and leans forward again. “Afraid to kiss a demon?” He puckers his lips and motions her over.
Onyx glowers at him, this was wrong in her book by so many ways.
“Going once” Crowley says turning to get a drink. “Going twice”
“Fine!” Onyx growls. Crowley smiles in victory and gently grabs her by the back of her neck pulling her in. She resists him a bit and pulls away when he lets her go. She doesn’t make eye contact for the rest of the night. Allen gives Crowley a loophole to get out of the trap and tells him to keep the secret to himself. Crowley is happy to oblige if his drinks were taken care of for that night.
“I’ll do it, you jerk” Onyx says.
“Nope, has to be him” Crowley says.
“Fine” Allen says. “Deal. No kiss” He frowns and Crowley pouts. The demon leaves and Allen turns to Onyx. “You made a deal”
“Not my soul.” Onyx snaps. “It’s fine as long as he’s useful. If not. I’ll drop the deal”
Allen shrugs. “Everyone has their demons, little lady. Don’t let yours drag you to hell”
Onyx sighs and heads home. She wonders if she made the right choice, making the deal with Crowley… and why the kiss? She trudges through the door and sees the stray sitting on her counter. “He kissed me, Vice. A demon did. Do you know who gross that is?”
The cat meows and jumps down rubbing on her legs. Onyx picks him up and thinks about the deal. “You’d better be useful Crowley.” Her phone buzzes and she opens the message.
“I will ;)”