My Little Killer

Only A Dream

“It’s a wraith. Actually, like 3 of them”
“Are those the things that eat brains like zombies, but they’re not actually zombies?”
A laugh came over the phone. “They’re certainly not zombie, Kitten, but yeah. They eat brain juice.”
“How do you kill them?”
“Silver. They can’t touch it or they burn”
“Of course” Onyx scowls. “So they’re brain eating vampires and allergic to silver. Can it get anymore cliché?”
“You know where the place is?”
“I can’t believe you’re making me do this”
“You want the thing right?”
“I hate you”
“I know”
Onyx hangs up and stares at the large building. She’d have to do something to get arrested because the wraith is in the prison. She looks over at a jewelry store and goes with the cliché. That night she’d fail at stealing some jewels. That night, she wears her assassin outfit and slips in unnoticed by the sensors. She has Crowley send a tip to the police so she’ll get caught. She disengages the cameras with a simple electric shock and heads for birthstones. The ones she’ll try for are her birthstone, Garnet; just for shits and giggles. She grabs a bag full and walks out the front, feeling like an idiot. She gets caught, charged, read her rights, and taken away. A court hearing says she’s guilty and in 3 days, she’s in the pen.
“I hope you’re happy”
“To see you behind bars? I’m overjoyed! It’s where you belong”
“Ha ha, I’m gonna choke you when I get out.”
“Have a nice time, Kitten” Crowley chirps. “I’ll see you in 20 years”
“Wait what?! Crowley! You said you bail me out after the case! HEY!” Onyx yells into the visiting phone as the demon leaves. “Son of a dick!” she grumbles and is taken back to her cell. By about 2 weeks, she still can’t find the wraith. It was good at hiding and has already taken 5 lives. As the huntress goes into the yard for ‘recess’ she sees Bulldog… officially, he’s a hillbilly named Billy Ray Bulldog Twojack… why? Nobody knows. Point is, he’s mean, cruel and shouldn’t be in a pen like this. Onyx wonders why he’s not lock up tighter. She asks a fellow inmate and they respond unexpectedly. “It’s because he was recently released. He’s a lot nicer now actually. Just don’t fighting with him. He’s here cause someone though he was fixing to kill a girl that he was flirting with”
“Just flirting? Like how?” Onyx asks. Bulldog was known for his abuse with the ladies so it’d be no surprise if he was messing with one.
“I dun know!” The inmate scowls. “Go ask him yourself!”
Onyx huffs and walks over; the inmate looks down and says something about speaking at her funeral and she flips him off. “So you’re the boss right?” She asks the hillbilly.
“I ain't no boss and I ain't no killer no more” Bulldog says spooning a huge thing of pudding into his mouth.
“I’m sure you’re not” Onyx says with no emotion, careful not to set this guy off. “I’m so not innocent. I kill things for a living”
“What kinda things?” Bulldog asks a little interested.
She looks up and can see a scar on his neck. “What did that?”
“Some chick” He replies. “She loved all over me but scratched me at the same time.”
“Creepy” she says. “Unless you deserved it” oops, I shouldn’t have said that.
“Nah, I did” Bulldog says. “I kept talkin’ bout another girl”
“Mm, yeah, that would do it”
“Where you from girly?” Bulldog asks. “You talk funny”
“My name is Onyx.” She says. “I’m from England”
“That’s a nice place. All proper and stuff” Bulldog says.
“It’s not all proper” Onyx says,
“You didn’t answer my question. What kinda stuff do you kill?”
“Monster” Onyx says. “Like the thing that did that” She says looking at a bite in his arm.
“Yeah, some dude with lots of teeth did that to me. I busted his head and took it right off”
“Good, that’s how you kill them” Onyx smiles. “You know what it was?”
“It was one of them blood suck dicks” Bulldog replies. “The ones on stories”
Onyx sat up straighter. “I’m impressed you knew what it was but how…”
“I didn’t know that you gotta take off their head. I just did cause I wanted to kill it. I didn’t know it was that thing till he didn’t breathe no more. I say too many teeth to be normal.”
“They have a hidden row of teeth.” Onyx replies.
“Look Oni… on… Ima call you Ox.” Bulldog says. “If you kill these things, how you get here?”
“There’s something killing people here. They’re already doing their time, they don’t need death. I robbed a store to get here so I can kill it”
“How you gonna get out then?”
“I was hoping on a friend but he ditched me so it looks like I’ll have to get out on my own”
“You gonna escape? Here? Ain’t nobody able to do that, Ox”
“This isn’t Alcatraz, my friend” Onyx says. “It’s doable.”
“You say I’s your friend” Bulldog says. “Nobody says I’s their friend”
“You don’t seem that bad to me. Not anymore”
“I did stuff I ain’t too proud of. I did my dues I got taken cause I was talking to girl at a bar”
“What bar?” Onyx asks.
“Bar of the Bulls”
“Of course” Onyx says rolling her eyes. “What were you talking to her about?”
Bulldog looks away a little ashamed. “Bout stuff”
Onyx can’t help but giggle “Stuff? Like what stuff?”
“Like… love stuff” I took him forever to respond. “I needed stuff for a girl that I like.”
“To afraid to ask her huh?” Onyx asks. She smiles. “That’s cute”
“Yeah… and now she’s all mad at me for begin in the pen again”
“Well, I can get you out.” I say “Or… hmm” I think. “I can prove to your girl that you’re innocent by kidnapping the one you were talking too”
“How you gonna find one girl in a dozen places?”
“She works there right? That bar?”
Bulldog nods. “Yeah why?”
“Then it’s easy? I’ll pick her up when we get out and tada. You get your girl back”
“How long you gonna stay?” Bulldog asks.
“Till I kill the thing that’s killing” Onyx replies and heads back to her cell when the whistle blows to head inside for the night.
Onyx sleeps very lightly and wakes when she hears crying. The one across from her is hiding in the corner. “What’s wrong?”
“It’s coming” The person says.
“What is?”
“The monster!” The person cries harder and looks down the hall. A guard is walking down and the prisoner screams for help. The guard tells her to shut up and keeps walking ignoring the screams.
“Hey, hey!” Onyx grabs the prisoner’s attention. “You’re going to make it out of this. You’ll live to see tomorrow. Just keep talking to me”
So random conversations last through the night but around 1 or 2 AM a male scream erupts through the halls. That morning, one of the prisoners is found dead, a hole through his skull. The guards think that the man’s been shot and immediately blame Onyx who is found with her silver bullets and her mini-pistol. She’s tossed into solitary for 3 weeks and is forced to go through therapy which only pisses her off more. During that time, she has a fight with a prisoner and he bites her, drawing blood from her hand. Then the weirdest things start to happen. Onyx keeps seeing Michael appearing as one of the guards. She shouts his name on night but the guard turns and tells her to hush it. It’s not Michael… it doesn’t even look like his vessel but he’s angel… he can change vessels at will so Onyx shouts his name again.
“My name is James!” The guard says. “Now go to bed!”
Onyx stares and frowns; as she turns she screams in surprise. Michael stands before her shaking his head. “I know you failed… but to end up here? That’s low… even for you”
“I’m trying to find the wraith”
Michael chuckles. “There’s more than one”
“Yeah there are like… 3”
“The demon told you this?” Michael asks.
“So?” Onyx says taking a step back.
“You hate demon. Why ally with them?”
“He’s… different.” Onyx defends.

“You know how I feel about demons, Onyx. I’m ashamed of you. You’ve allied with a demon and are defending him! Shame on you!” He slaps her hard. “I should have left you where you stood. Lying on the floor; dead in your own blood! You never deserved a second chance! You worthless…” His words echoed in Onyx’s ears; she lay in a fetal position covering her ears, this illusion playing over and over, until morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Ox, you ok?”
Onyx looks up at Bulldog. “Hey” She says weekly.
“You look more tired than a hound dog losing a coon”
“If I knew what that meant I might agree with you”
The giant laughs. “What happen to you?”
“He... he just…” she sighs shakily.
“You look like you seen some ghost or Bigfoot or something.” Bulldog says, “Sit down Ox”
Onyx sits at the table with her tray. “I…” she touches her eye where Michael supposedly hit her.
“You ain’t got no black eye if that what you looking for” Bulldog says shoving his pudding in his mouth.
“It’s been weeks, and I still can’t find the thing…”
“That rath thing?”
Wraith, but yeah… It’s killed 8 people so far. Who knows is next”
“Now you talking like me” Bulldog erupts into laughter. “Maybe you got hit with it”
Onyx sits up straight. “I did get bit by one of the prisoners.” She says.
“Why’d a monster pose as one of us?” Bulldog asks.
“To hide” Onyx says. “But that makes no sense. It’d get around more posing as a guard…” A huge smile comes across her face. “I know who the other 2 are!” She gets up and runs off but comes back to ask something. “Do you have any silver on you? Any at all?”
“I got my earrings. And I got this here belly ring my girl made me get”
“This thing dies by silver. Could I use whatever you have? I’ll give it back”
“I didn’t want the damn ring in the first place. I’ll tell my girl that some dude stole it from me in a fight” He says. I’ll give it to you next break”
“Thanks” Onyx says and hurries off to see if she can tell who the next victim is.
That night she passes by bulldog, going to her cell; he sneaks the ring into her hand and she winks at him.
As she sits in her cell planning her moves she sees Michael again. She scrambles away throws a pillow which he easily avoids. “What did I say? No more hunting. You don’t deserve the right”
“I can hunt the hell whatever I want” Onyx says.
“Mm, sorry. No you can’t. Not anymore” Michael says putting up his hand.
“No Michael… please” Onyx cries. “Please don’t do this!”
The angel keeps walking towards her and she screams.
“OX!” A voice rings out and pulls something down from the ceiling. It’s bulldog, he’s broken loose and has a guard pinned down. “OX!”
Onyx looks up shaking and glances at her mirror. The guard’s face is all torn and disfigured, showing that he’s a wraith and onyx puts the ring on her fork, jabbing it into the wraith’s chest. She stands, still shaking. “T… thank you”
Bulldog smiles at her and asks how to find the others. Onyx breaks her mirror and hands him a shard. “Use this. They show their true form in the mirror. Check all the guards as they pass your cell” Her voice is all cracked from the scream and bulldog asks what she saw.
“A demon” She replies. “A heavenly demon”
Bulldog doesn’t ask and heads back, the glass hidden in his outfit. Unfortunately the action was caught on camera. To many, it looks as if the guard was trying to calm Onyx down and bulldog attacked for no reason. He sentenced to death by sedation in a week.
“This is my fault” Onyx says. “I shouldn’t have involved you” I’m sorry”
“It’s ok” Bulldog says. They’re separated by a thick glass and can only communicate with small phones like in the visiting center. “You were bout to die anyway”
Onyx smiles, not knowing if she could take that as a treat or the fact that this giant actually cared…
“I will get you out of here. You have my word” Onyx whispers. Bulldog simply nods and hangs up. Onyx is lead to her cell again and locked in for the next few days. The killings stop for now, Onyx figures that the other 2 Wraiths are on their toes because their fellow monster has died.
That night Onyx counts the weeks she’s been here. “It’s been… 6 ½ since I got arrested.” She groaned. “Dammit” She closes her eyes for some much needed sleep.
Onyx rolls over in her sleeps and feels wetness along the edge of her bed; she sits up and sees a dark liquid pouring out of her sheets. The hunter gasps and stumbles out of bed; she sees herself lying there, wrists cut open and the crimson liquid seeping everywhere. Looking down she sees her own hands, bloody and discolored as well as see through. “No. no, no, no, no” She screams and touches the body on the bed but passes right through to the floor. “NO!” She yells and turns seeing a black smoke above her. She scrambles away from it, trying to find her dagger or iron or anything to get rid of it.
“You can’t touch iron anymore” A voice rings out. “Or salt, or any people actually. Onyx you’re dead… and you’re going to hell”
“Michael help me!” Onyx cries. “Please!”
“This is what you deserve. For pairing up with one those… things” The angel gestures to the black smoke. “Have fun in hell. I won’t be missing you. Maybe your demon, Crowley is there? Or maybe… he just doesn’t care”
Onyx reaches for him but Michael disappears. The smoke engulfs Onyx and she chokes,, falling to her knees, unable to breath. She can feel heat rising from the floor and it burns her skin. She cries out for help but no one answers. As Onyx falls to the floor, claws rip open her chest and the hunter howls in pain. As she drifts to darkness, she hears a voice.
“Onyx, Onyx! Dammit Onyx wake up!”
Onyx gasps to life, realizing it was only a dream. A damn exhausting and terrifying one, but yet a dream/
“What the hell happened to you, Kitten?”
Onyx is too tired to answer, it hurt to breath. She sits up with some assistance by the demon. “How…”
“I heard you call” Crowley says quickly. “Good thing too. You were about be brain soup”
Onyx shakily gets up and sees a prisoner dead on the floor. “Wraith…” she hisses. “Fuck you”
Crowley chuckles and gives he some good news. “So there was only two of them. You actually… failed to kill either. But you found one. This is the guy that bit you”
“Fuck you twice” Onyx says to the body.
“Time to go” Crowley says.
“Crowley, hold on.” Onyx puts up her hand. “I promised someone I’d get them out. They’re dying because of me”
“You did? Why wasn’t I aware of this? Kitten, I only arranged for one passenger”
“Please?” Onyx ask. “I’ll give you something later”
“Like what?” Crowley asks.
“I don’t know! Something!”
“Big guy’s soul?” Crowley asks.
“Oh screw you.”
Crowley smiles and agrees with the condition of getting a bunch of muffins in return. He poofs the big guy to the house of the girl and Onyx proves that Bulldog was innocent by kidnapping the waitress. She give the girl 40 bucks to keep this a secret and all goes well on that end. Crowley poofs Onyx back home where the girl crashes on the couch for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Michael is not this mean I promise, this is just the effect of the venom. It makes one's greatest fear "appear" real to the infected.