My Little Killer

Secrets

Onyx writes down the list of what Crowley told her and is not too terribly surprised. After all she knew her father wasn’t human; her father was a demon… or at least that’s what Michael told her. However why would the angel what to train an anti-Christ? Or maybe he was just saving her until the so-called apocalypse and put her up ransom or something… maybe it’s like raising the wolf with the sheep; get the inside scoop… Onyx shakes her head at the stupid theories and keeps writing. {Tall, sarcastic, rebel, trickster, has a bad side… really bad side, kind of an outlaw, was a prisoner, hated by most…}
Yeah, sounds like any other demon” Onyx laughs. Crowley had said that her dad was funny too but never said his name. When asked the demon simply shrugged and said he forgot. This doesn’t make since to the huntress. If Crowley was the king of hell, shouldn’t he know all the demons? Or did Michael just lie and say that Onyx’s real father was a demon when he was actually a boring old human. The huntress furrowed her brow. “But how does that explain me powers?” She sighs and turns tripping on the cat. “Vice!! Get outta my way!” She yells and sees the cat cower. She looks way and purses her lips. “Sorry, I’m just… edgy I guess” She crouches down and reaches out, waiting for the cat to come to her. He rubs her hand and puts his front paws on her knee, licking her cheek. She picks him up and frowns. “Vice… you’re chubby” Onyx says. “No more cat treats” She laughs as the cat noms her ear. The huntress carries him down and walks to the hall. It’s Sunday and way slow so she lets the cat wander and bother the people. He was kind of the hall’s mascot, even though the name had nothing to do with cats. People love Vice though and they kind of made him the mascot. As the cat trots around, Onyx steps over him here and there to serve people. She hears Allen call her and smiles to the people she was waiting on. “Coming!” She calls across the hall and hands the people their breakfast. She hurries over and yelps as she sees the devil chatting with her boss. “What the hell are you doing here?” She hisses.
“I can’t just have a drink? Or I have to ask”
Onyx holds her breath and pouts; she growls and asks what he wants, a little irritably.
“Onyx, you know him?”
“Of course she does” Lucifer interrupts. “I’m her new boss”
“I though the… other dude was”
“I made a deal with him. Not a work… thing!” Onyx grumbled. “Allen. He knows… demons a crap.”
“Are you a hunter?” Allen asks, pouring him a drink.
“Not he is not!” Onyx shouts, and then lowers her voice when a few people stare.
Allen mouths another suggestion and Onyx slaps the counter. “NO!” She purses her lips tight and scowls.
“She’s not a fan” Lucifer smirks.
Allen chuckles. “So are you like… the demon’s boss?”
“What if I am?” Lucifer smirks.
Allen stares at Onyx for an answer. The huntress sighs and shakes her head. “No he is not” She says a little quiet. She doesn’t know how her friend would react if the he knew the devil was in his hall. “He’s higher up but not…” She struggled to find a word to use besides Devil.
“Well, two is fine. But no more demons” Allen says folding his arms. “Onyx”
“Yes sir” She chirps and smirks at Lucifer sticking out her tongue. Slight shock appears on his face; he didn’t expect her to have a forked tongue.
“She did that when she was a teenager” Allen shakes her head. “I still don’t know why”
“Rebel stage I guess” Onyx shrugs.
“I can’t believe how clean the cut is” Allen admires. “I’ve see some teens who’ve tried to do that and it’s just mutilation” He shakes his head.
Lucifer chuckles at the word ‘mutilation’. Onyx half wants to hit him but she wants to live more than she wants to have the satisfaction of physical abuse. “Yeah… I got it done by an expert” She smiles. “It’s called birth” She says under a hushed breath.
Lucifer smirks, able to hear her whisper. Allen is called over to him satisfaction and he turns to Onyx. “Get it from a demon”
“If you weren’t… you… I would smack you and kick you out of the hall”
“Lucky for me… I’m me” Lucifer grins.
Onyx whimpers and lets her head fall in the counter. “I hate you”
“Oh… where have I heard that before” Lucifer ask. “Ah, yes... Michael, Raphael… all the other angels”
“Martyr” Onyx says.
“Funny. I’ve called you that about 8 times”
Onyx turns to see her other demon, Crowley walking up and he sits on her other side. “Hey look at that, I’m on her right side” He teases.
“That doesn’t mean you mean more to me” Onyx says getting up. “Excuse me, but I have people to serve”
“She’s got quite a spark” Lucifer smiles
“What happened to you following the rules” Crowley teases. “Of course, when have you ever followed rules?”
“It’s not really my forte” Lucifer says. “Did you know he had a forked tongue?”
“Big deal.” Crowley says. “Better not show her yours” He chuckles and orders a drink for himself
“Remember Crowley” Lucifer says. “Two can keep a secret… if one of them is dead” He vanishes leaving the demon alone. Crowley sighs and watches Onyx dash around; she dodges another waiter and stops to chat with one of the regulars. A newbie says something to her and the regular laughs as Onyx turns. She beds down to the newbie’s ears and whispers something to him making him go silent in fear. “Have a nice day” Onyx smiles. “Out of this hall” She points and he runs away.
“What did you say to him?” Crowley asks.
“Oh just the usual.” Onyx replies. “That I know a demon and he’ll get your soul”
Crowley laughs and Allen face palms. “Good lord, Onyx. That’s going to get you in trouble one day”
The huntress shrugs. “Nothing I can’t handle” She replies with a wink.
“Oh speaking of which” Crowley interrupts. “I have a new job for you; particularly disgusting in my opinion.” Crowley wrinkles his nose.
“What is it?” Onyx asks. “Tell me more; you’ve got me interested now”
“It’s a creature that… “The demons pauses with a disturbed look upon his face. “It feed off of the unborn child in a mother”
“Oh that’s disgusting” Onyx cringes. “What’s it called?”
“I can’t remember the name but it only feeds at night. Based on its recent attacks it’ll hit you beloved Chicago in a few days”
“I’m not gonna wait until it attacks…”
Onyx is interrupted by the demon. “That would be a bad idea. It’s almost impossible to catch, Kitten. Let it come to you”
“I hate this, having to wait until it attacks someone instead of finding it now.”
“That and… I’m not sure how to kill it.” Crowley says and quickly adds the last part. “It’s a really old creature that not even the Boss has seen in thousands of years. So how about we do some searching”
Onyx frowns but she’s not irritated or even upset. “Ok.”
“I thought you were going to hit me. It’s your nature after all.” Crowley jokes.
“Not this time” Onyx says, almost looking past him.
“Kitten?” He asks, leaning into her view.
“Meet you there later today ok? Uh… at the library or something ok?”
“Ah doing it old style then?” Crowley asks.
“Sure” Onyx sys and gets up. “Allen, I’m not gonna be able to work much today.”
The hall owner looks up confused. “Why not?”
“Something’s come up.” Onyx says. “That’s all”
The man shrugs. “Hunter stuff, yeah I know”
“Not that.” Onyx says. “Something else”
The demon and the hall owner exchange confused glances and watch the huntress leave.
“Onyx… you’re late”
“Busy” Onyx says. “I have a new boss and a job next week ok.”
“I’ve heard. Sleeping with demons with give you hell” Michael says walking closer. Onyx turns her face away. “I’m not sleeping with him. That’s disgusting, he’s a demon.” She crinkles her nose. “I just need him to find the other demons and that one…. Oh what’s her name… it’s really stupid”
“Furfur?” Michael asks.
“Yeah” Onyx says. “Based upon what I’ve seen of her, I think there’s a kinky thing between her and abbaddouche.” She laughs. “I got that from…” She bites her tongue looking away after getting a frown from the angel. “So… uh… nothing’s really being planned yet… um… he’s just been giving me a few jobs… not all of them are demons like what you had me doing. Um… Furfur has been moving around lately… we don’t know why though. Crowley thinks Abbadon is sending her to round up demons.”
“How is my little brother?” Michael asks. Onyx’s stomach drops. He knew she was talking with Lucifer? Did he know that she was healed by him? The angel keeps speaking. “If you get close enough for him to trust you… he might tell you what he’s planning”
“He’s uh… bored” Onyx replies nervously. “Like… a lot”
Michael huffs. “When is not? Keep doing what you’re doing. You doing well” He dismisses her with a hand. “Onyx, don’t ask him why I cast him out. He’s a little liar.” She avoids eye contact with the angel as he comes closer. He whispers in his ear. “Don’t have sympathies for him; no matter what he says. He’ll drag you down to hell and you won’t be able to get back out” the angel vanishes and Onyx frowns, letting her head fall. She’s stuck between two warring sides; heaven and hell; in all truth she never wanted to fight in the first place.
“Look at you. You’re giving up, because you have nowhere to go? Or is it because you want to be with our parents again?” A man sighs over the dying body of a young girl. He’s disappointed and touches her hands. He leaves the scars as a reminder to her; she takes a breath, coughing and whines. “Why’d you heal me?”
“You’re not going to die” The man says. “I’m in need of you and besides. Why waste your life? It’s disrespectful; Father gave you your life for a reason.” He waited for the girl to stand. “I am Michael the Arch Angel. You will serve me as the consequence for trying to take you own life.”
“You’re an angel?” the girl asks, getting a nod from the one standing before her. “But… aren’t angels supposed to protect people?”
“We are warriors not, protectors. There’s a bit of a difference.”
The girl frowns. “What are you going to do with me?”
“You make it sound likes it’s a bad thing. Onyx… I’m going to teach you how to kill demons.”
The girl smiles at the chance to get revenge but soon learns that it’s about ridding the world of evil, and the revenge is perceived to be a sin. She learns that she has certain abilities; that she doesn’t get hurt as easily as normal humans and soon learns of her dark heritage.
“Onyx, you father was a demon” Michael says. “His followers started this apocalypse. He is the enemy” The angel bows his head. “I’m sorry”
Onyx tries to fight demons even more now; she follows Michael’s tasks without question and fears making any mistake. The arch angel may be pure but he’s doesn’t let her get away with anything. She never expected to make a deal with a demon, let alone become friends with one.
“Where’d you go last week?” Crowley asks.
“To meet a… friend” Onyx says. “No big deal.”
“For the whole week?” Crowley interrogates the huntress for Lucifer to try and get the truth. Either that or get the reason why she’s lying. “You haven’t been at the bar, not here at home…”
“I’ve been busy.” Onyx says pushing him away. “Leave me alone”
“It’s the angel isn’t it?” He hisses. “Why do you keep seeing that goody two shoes bird?”
“Because I don’t have a choice.” Onyx turns whipping him in the face with her hair. “The people you make deals with don’t have a choice when that mutt goes to eat them now do they?”
“Angel’s don’t make deals dumbass” Crowley folds his arms.
“I’m in debt to him” Onyx says.
“For what?” Crowley asks and over steps his boundaries. “For healing those little cuts in your wrist so you didn’t come to join us in Hell?”
Onyx gives him a look that could freeze fire. “Get out” She hisses. “NOW! You’re no longer allowed here! Go find somewhere else to sit your ass because it’s not in this house anymore”
“Then the whole deal’s off” Crowley throws up his hands. “No more getting monster info from me, kitten”
“Don’t ever call me that again” Onyx hisses. She points to the door. “Get out!”
“See you never kitten” Crowley smiles and vanishes.
Onyx screams at the place where he stood. “Bastard!” She throws a pillow at the wall and storms to her room. She sits and frowns, thinking about what Michael had said about Lucifer. “Ok, I can understand the angel’s point of view.” She says to Vice, her cat. “But… if I don’t engage with any deals with him… what if I just stay out of it. Say that I’m not taking any sides. Would that get me in trouble?” She looks down at her tom cat as he cuddles up in her lap. She picks him up and sits on the couch, this being a lazy Wednesday and nothing to do. She had to work at the bar later but that wasn’t until 3:00 PM. She turns on the TV and sits with a mug of hot chocolate. The snow drifted outside, silently bringing the temperature down. With a blanket covering most of her and her cat by her side, the huntress settles in to a good movie. About halfway through she has to pause it. “I can’t take it” She says. “I need food… and a bathroom break.” She tells the cat, pushing him off. She heads to the kitchen to grab some snacks and pauses after seeing something drift by in the mirror above the sink. She stares at her reflection a bit wondering what the ‘demon’ her father was… according to Michael. Her image in the mirror appears as a twisted version of the girl. "I know what you’re hiding" It whispers. "Demon girl... demon girl." It tilts its head back and forth as it sings. "This is what you're becoming, becoming, becoming." It sings "You don't recognize this form do you" It says and sticks out its tongue which resembles Onyx’s split one. “Twisted, twisted, twisted… going to Hell… never to get back up again." It cackles. “DEMON!” It screams and breaks the glass from its side.
Onyx screams and falls back throwing an apple at the glass. She high-tails it out of the house and races to the bar.
“She kicked me out” Crowley pouts.
Allen chuckles and dries a few glasses. “Why?”
“Just ‘cause I asked her about her scars” The demon hisses.
Allen sets the glass on the counter. “Then serves you right” He says. “You should know better. Those scars are old reminders to a bad time in her life. Don’t go reminding her by asking. That’ll get you… well… kicked out”
“Gee thanks for the warning” Crowley rolls his eyes. “That’s not the point though; she’s got a freaking mirror demon and doesn’t even know it”
“A what?” Allen asks.
“A mirror… demon” Crowley says. “They’re not really demons at all that’s just what they’re called. They haunt old mirrors…” He frowns. “Take Bloody Mary for example. She’s… she was… a mirror demon. Till those brothers ruined her fun” he laughs. “People die in front of mirrors; their soul gets trapped and twisted and they manipulate the victim and so on. Onyx has one. I can sense it but I haven’t seen it. I was going to tell her but…”
“You had to open your big mouth?”
“Hey boss” Crowley says, not even looking.
“So what’s with the mirror freak?” Lucifer asks.
“Onyx has one”
“Nothing she can’t handle” The devil smirks. “I got a job for her when she’s done with that”
Crowley and Allen gave each other a glance. “What is it?”
Lucifer snorted with laughter. “It’s nothing serious. Just…”
They all turn to see Onyx running through the door she slides next to Allen. “Ok, I take it back. I need cash. Do you have anything for me?” She says a little out of breath.
“Onyx, you’re freezing” Allen says. “What hell?”
“Just give me something to do” Onyx says.
Allen nods over to Lucifer. “I don’t have anything but he does”
Onyx took a breath. “No thanks. Not right now” She says and walks to the basement to get some wine.
“What was that about?” Lucifer asks.
Crowley frowns. “There was fear written all over her face.” He frowns. “The demon” He and Allen say in sync.
“A mirror demon is pathetic” Lucifer says leaning back. “There’s no way she’d get affected by it”
“What’s with the new found faith in the girl?” Crowley asks.
Lucifer opens his mouth then shuts it with a look. The demon just smiles cockily and Lucifer rolls his eyes. He pauses frowning and turns to the basement door. “What’s down there anyway?”
“Just wine and such” Allen says. “A few old things” Onyx comes up, moments after he says that, tired looking and eyes red. “Are you ok Onyx?” Allen asks.
Silently the girl sits a little far away, avoiding the Devil at all costs. Allen gives her water and asks what’s wrong. “I don’t want to talk about it” Onyx says.
“Is this about what I asked you?” Crowley asks.
Onyx just shakes he head and lays it on the counter. “It’s not about the scars” She says.
“What scars?” Lucifer asks. “The one from the demon or the wrath?” He smirks at Crowley. “You ask about the scar on her boobs?” Allen face palms and goes to get more wine for the ladies in the back.
“No, moron… the ones on her wrists” Crowley growls. Onyx says nothing; she just considers it another person that knows she’s messed up; knows her secrets; now it 3 instead of 2. She hears silence, though, wondering if the Devil might say something. However, it’s the kind of silence that’s the calm before the storm.
Meanwhile Allen is grabbing 2 bottles of wine and steps on broken glass. He bends down to pick them up and frowns. There’s a darker shade of red mixed into wine that’s spilled all over the floor. The wine is still there so the glass wasn’t broken more than an hour ago. The man becomes disheartened and walks upstairs. “Onyx!!”
Onyx doesn’t even pat attention as Lucifer asks her the question. “Where’d you get them?” He asks again, seeing blood seeping through her sleeves. “They’re pretty fresh for nothing, Onyx: He bugs.
“I don’t want to talk about it” She grumbles. “So lay off!”
“Onyx!” Allen comes up the stairs with the bag of glass. He throws it away and walks over. The storm begins to rise. “What is this?” he asks, showing her the shard.
“Glass.” Onyx says, not even looking at it. She knew he’d find it eventually. “So what?”
“So what?!” Allen says. “What is this Onyx? You’ve been clean for years! Why start now!!”
Onyx can’t sit still anymore; she slams her hands on the counter and stands up. Crowley jumps from the sudden noise and Lucifer looks over, interested. Onyx death glares at Allen. “Because I fucking can! I don’t give a shit anymore!” She yells and turns to leave but Allen grabs her wrists. ”Give it up Onyx” He scolds.
She turns and throws the glass in her pocket on the floor. Her eyes dilate and she shoves his shoulder, accidentally dislocating it. He shouts in pain, letting her go. Onyx walks out into the cold night and walks far from the Hall.
Lucifer stares a little impressed. “Her eyes were black…”
“They dilate, when she goes into full on fight mode” Crowley says. He gets up and goes over to Allen. “This is going to hurt you a lot more than it hurts me” He grabs Allen’s shoulder and cracks it back into place. The man yells in pain gripping the demon’s shirt. Besides the shock, the shoulder was fine… it just hurt like hell. Lucifer follows Onyx into the cold and sees her sitting under a light. “I’m impressed” He says.
“Go screw yourself” The girl snarls and turns her head away. She sniffs away a few tears can hear the voice of the thing in mirror. “Going to Hell, never to get back up again.” She covers her ears. “I don’t want to become that…” he’s breathing a little fast and remembers what she did to Allen. She said once, that she’d never hurt him but what she did was a simple push to her. Just a little harder and she could have done a lot worse. She shivers at the thought and feels a hand on her shoulder. “Go home” she tries to say but it comes out a little pathetic.
“Sorry, I’m up here for good. I’m never going back” Lucifer grins.
“Good for you” She mumbles. “Please stop touching me”
“Aw why?” Lucifer asks and pokes her arm. “Bugging is my specialty. I once bugged a person to inanity. It was fun” He frowns. “Well… you did say please…” Getting no response he groans. “It’s no fun if you just sit there like a dead horse. Talk to me”
“Why?” Onyx asks.
“Because I’m bored. Allen is boring”
“Is he ok?” Onyx asks.
“Mm Hm. He’ll be sore for ages but he’s not dead.”
Onyx sighs. “I guess that’s a good thing” she says.
“Hey, that little eye thing you do is really cool” Lucifer says, he sits beside her, using the bench leg as a backrest.
“What eye thing?” Onyx asks
“The uh… demon thing. Crowley’s say your eyes getting bigger when you fight”
“Oh that? I though all demons can see in the dark like that.”
Lucifer raises and eyebrow. “What do you mean? Of course they can… they’re demons.”
“Oh… right. I guess my ‘eye thing’ is inherited then”
Lucifer is a little surprised. “You know?”
“Of course. Michael told me… my father’s a demon”
Lucifer scuffs, rolling your eyes. “He is not.”
“The one who died was a human, but he’s not my legit dad.” Onyx says. “Otherwise I’d have no… powers. I’d be just like any other boring human.”
“Good point” The devil smiles. “But your dad isn’t a demon”
“Ok, Michael lies, big surprise” Onyx rolls her eyes. “But how is it that both you and Crowley know him? What was his name?”
“That’s a secret” Lucifer says. “I’m not telling”
“Typical” Onyx sighs. “Whatever… I’m going home” She stands, wiping the snow off and walks for her Ninja.
Lucifer grabs her wrist, softer than Allen did. “Wait”
“You saw what I did to Allen… and I liked him.” Onyx threatens.
“You saw what I did to Crowley. That was just me yelling at him” Lucifer threatens back. He pulls the hunter back and pushes up her sleeve. “Bad girl”
Onyx tries to pull away. “So what?” She growls and watches the cuts disappear. Looking up, a bit surprised she asks why he did that.
“I can be nice… if I want” He says. “Now… about this mirror demon”
Onyx’s jaw drops. “How did you… is that what that thing was?”
“Yeah” Lucifer says. “Not mine, I swear. They’re only called demons by ignorant humans. They’re really just people who died mirrors. Sadly, there soul are caught in whatever old mirror they died by. I couldn’t get them in time”
Onyx face palms. “Of course that’s what you’re concerned about” She turns to walk away but the Devil still has her by the arm. “Dude, let me go”
Lucifer drops her hand and rolls his eyes. “Know how to kill it?”
“Break the damn thing and wait till it crawls out” Onyx says. “Ten it’s like any other ghost”
“Know what to avoid?”
“Mirrors” Onyx says in a snarky matter.
“They have different powers you know” Lucifer folds his arms. “There was Bloody Mary, who killed people, then that one clown that could steal people’s souls, then the one that haunted a hall of mirrors for fun… oh and the one…”
“Ok I get it. They all have different ways to cause misery. Geez” Onyx says and frowns breathing out.
“What’s wrong?”
“This thing sees your fears… your secrets… your weaknesses. … it messes with you mind” She says softly.
“Well, don’t be a puss then” the Devil sneers.
Onyx frowns at him. “That all you got?”
Lucifer laughs. “Need my help… kitten”
“Don’t” Onyx warns and turns. “Off I go” She says. “I’d ask you to wish me luck but you’d give me bad luck” She sneers back at him.
“Weak” Lucifer shakes his head. “Very weak”
Onyx groans and drives off. The fallen angel watches her with a smile. “Everyone had their secrets my dear. Don’t let others find them”