Animal Magnetism

Chapter 4

I got up early the next morning so I could be ready for helping Logan teach. I felt kind of nervous but once standing beside Logan I would be better. I went to the kitchen to find I was the only one in there, I smiled at the thought of being alone something I haven't done since Kayla and I lived in our cabin. I missed that place since we moved here, I found it to be too crowded. As I stared out the window I felt someone approach, I turned around to see Logan come into the room. He grabbed something out of the fridge and walked over to me where he leaned up against the sink. It was silent for a few moments before he spoke.

"You always up this early?"

"No I just couldn't sleep anymore."

Then it got silent again and Logan turned to face me, and I turned to him. He started to lean in but stopped because people were starting to come down the hall. I looked a Logan than walked off, I half thought he would follow me but he stayed behind. I decided I'd go for a walk through the house to clear my mind but it seemed no mater what I did the thought of what just happened still went through my mind.

"What's troubling you my dear?"

My ears perked up; I didn't even hear or sense the professor come up behind me. I looked away from him.

"Ah it's the wolverine that's bothering. I see, well I guess you're a little confused about how you feel right now."

I nodded then let out a long sigh.

"I was going to speak to you about it to see if you know anything about it." I said a little eagerly, he smiled.

"Well come to my office I'll explain everything, by then it will be time for you to help out Logan."

I nodded my head and smiled, I then took seat on the chesterfield behind me. The professor wheeled forward and grabbed my hand. At this moment I was ready to listen, and he was ready to talk. Charles let out a sigh before he was ready to speak, I was slightly nervous.

"Don't be nervous my child you have nothing to be afraid of."

This made me feel better and I let my senses down, well most of them anyways.

"Well as you know you and Logan have a feral part of you. Your's happens to be a tiger and Logan's, well it's not true to his name his is more wolf than wolverine."

I nodded my head to acknowledge that I understood.

"As it seems Sam these two animals have something in common, that is the urge to find a mate. I understand you don't feel this way towards any of your male friends."

"That's right." I said to Charles.

"Well as different as the animal spirit that resides in both of you they urge the companionship no on else can give."

At this moment I felt something, perhaps the tiger, agreeing with what the professor was saying. I went on to agree with this feeling even though it did sound a little crazy.

"Now Sam I know you don't want to believe it but it's the straight truth, you came looking for answers and I gave you them. If I know you and Logan well you're both very stubborn but will come to your senses eventually. Now it's soon time for class to start and I need to get ready, why don't you run off and get ready to help Logan he'll be needing to teach you the rules before you start."

I smiled and as I got up to leave I looked back and thought to him, 'thank you.' He in turn replied with 'anytime.' I then headed in a random direction and realized that I had no idea where Logan was teaching his class. Then I thought of something I could just sense where he was and teleport there. This I did and sensed that he was outside, I couldn't blame him it was gorgeous out there. As I teleported I ended up landing on the ground on top of something, I looked down into the face of an irritated Logan.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" He said kind of angry.

"Well," I said standing up and lending him a hand which he refused, "I was trying to figure out where you were teaching your class," by this time I raised my voice a little, "and when I sensed where you were I thought bam I can teleport to him and when I did you apparently moved and we were on the ground."

He smirked at the part where I mentioned I was on top of him.

"Don't make me wipe that smirk off of your face." I said glaring at him.

"Ah come on Kitten you like being on a real man." He said laughing a little. His statement made me lose control and I started laughing, this almost brought me to tears.

"You...A real man." I said between fits of laughter, this seemed to hit his ego and he advanced slightly which caused me to get into defence mode. Which is basically what a cat would do when it feels threatened make herself bigger than she appears.

"Hm, trying to scare me I see well I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice."

"I'd like to see this but I have better things to do. So this class is for mutants whose abilities aren't as good as others like you for example."

He looked a little shocked but remembered that I could sense things and read people's minds.

"Yup Kitten and you don't have to be here everyday only when I make the kids get into partners and I need someone to practice on."

"Good luck Log I could beat you up any day, plus those days I don't need to be here Ill be here just to watch."

While saying this I poked him in the chest, he then grabbed my finger and bit it.

"What was that for?"

"Just wanted to do it that's all." He said laughing a little and ending it with that famous smirk of his.

Then a bell rang and people started coming down into the area we were standing in. A few familiar faces were in the crowd such as Kayla, Rogue, Kitty and Angel. I then turned my attention to Logan.

"You know Logan instead of making me go through listening to you and what not you could have gotten Kurt; he's great in this category."

"Well Kurt has other things to do and you don't."

"Well being part cat that I am I don't like that much work."

"Suck it up princess." This caused me to growl I heard Kayla laugh.

"Logan you just hit a mark."

"Oh really," said Logan; "I"ll have to do that more often."

I read his mind quickly and heard, 'she looks so cute angry.' This caused me to look a different way. By the end of the session Logan and I were tied, then I sensed something and faced the woods. Logan sniffed the air and his ears started to twitch, he had felt it to. He started to lurch forward and let his claws come out of his knuckles but I put my hand on his chest and he stopped immediately in the process his muscles tensed up.

"Sam you better let me go that's the brotherhood in there."

"Yes Logan I know but they're down in numbers and they aren't here for evil they have something else in mind, something that will change the mutant community." He looked at me to see if I was being truthful.

"Logan I'm not lying to you."

That's when three mutants stepped out of the woods badly injured. I got the mutant names off of them; they were Magneto, Mystique and Pyro. The last time I remembered Sabretooth was with them. I ran to them and teleported them to the hospital part of the mansion where Hank and Storm took care of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
The quote: "I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice" is Logan/Wolverine's trademark phrase which I read somewhere and had to put in this story.