Animal Magnetism

Chapter 6

It's been six whole months since Kayla and I arrived at Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters and it feels like it's been ages. Logan and I have gotten closer except for certain times of the last five months where I have learned to keep my distance from all those part animal. With each new day I can't help but have an eerie feeling about me, one that just doesn't want to go away. Charles says it's probably just my imagination since the day they told me about that mutant who wants to control me is out there. Speaking of her, Charles and Magneto think they've pin pointed her location.

The one known as Wolverine decided to let me watch him teach today rather then let me beat him in his own sport. I sat in the green grass my tail twitching, enjoying the cool spring breeze blowing my way. I smiled as I watched the younger students and some older students try and block Logan's throws. Kayla who was now dating Gambit quietly broke away from the group and sat down next to me.

"You're enjoying this aren't you Sam."

"You could say that." I said lying back on my elbows, my eyes never leaving Logan.

"I just wish you two would get together I can see the eyes you to make at each other."
I glared at her.

"I do not make eyes at him...And he doesn't make eyes at me."

I knew this was true though, Kayla just shook her head.

"I know what you're thinking Kayla and you know me, it's been a long time since I had a boyfriend."

"Sam I can tell Logan's way different then that last idiot of a boyfriend you had...At least you know he'd love you for who you are."

I let out a sigh and noticed that the other's were leaving.

"I guess class is over."

"I can see that Sam, and I've got to run."

I looked at what she was leaving over and noticed Logan walking towards me. I cursed at her with my mind but all she did was turn around, smirk and kept on walking. Logan watched Kayla walk away before sitting down, I didn't have to read him to know something was on his mind.

"Did you two have a great conversation?"

"Yeah it was very informative." I said letting out some laughter

He let out a laugh then pushed me slightly.

"Real mature Log."

"This coming from someone who laughs at their own jokes."I then pushed him causing him to fall over; he glared before tackling me.

"You want to know what else is real mature kitten?" He said sitting on me with his face close to mine.

"What dearest Logan?"

"This."

He said kissing me, I kissed back, it felt so right. Well it did until there was a cough coming from behind us. Logan went back to sitting beside me and I sat up to face Storm who looked amused.

"I thought I'd find you here Sam are you still up for shopping?"

"Yeah of course let's go."

I said standing up smiling at the look on Logan's face as I teleported Storm and I to the garage.

"So?" Said Storm as we got into one of the many cars.

"So what?" I said smiling at Storm.

"That kiss back there."

"Oh that, it was just that a simple kiss."

She laughed as she started up the car.

"And I'm sure if I wouldn't have appeared out of nowhere like that it would have been a make out session."

I smiled again.

"Maybe."

"What was great though Sam was the look on his face when we left."

"I know, I just love to leave men hanging."

"Now we just have to see what happens when we get back from shopping."

"Yes that we do Storm."

"When and if you two go out it'll be about time."

"Yeah I know and everyone who placed a bet can breathe easier."

"I almost forgot about your powers."

"Yeah but I'm happy I have friends like you Storm who don't place those kind of bets, that and your both Logan's best friend and one of my best friends."

She smiled as she kept her eyes on the road. A few stores and a food court later we were arriving at the mansion. We arrived a little after supper so we knew the place would be packed with students doing leisurely things, which they were. I teleported me to my room then Storm to her room so we wouldn't have to walk up all of those steps.

As I stepped out of my room Logan was walking up the hall way towards his. He stopped in front of me and I smiled at him. All he did was tilt his head towards his room, I followed. His room looked like regular male room things strewn here and there. But the best thing about Logan's room was that I was in it.

"Sam feel lucky besides Rogue you're the only other person that's been in here."

"Aw I feel so special." I said putting on a little girl's voice this caused him to smile.

"So did you feel what I felt earlier today?" He said rather bluntly.

"I kissed back didn't I?"

He gave me a look.

"You know what I meant."

"Yes, yes I did and that was my answer. I did feel something; I felt something the second day I saw you, I didnt want to believe it because I didnt know you and our personalities clashed."

He turned and gave me a hug; we embraced for quite a while before pulling apart. He then kissed my forehead.

"Sam do you want to give us a try?"

"Yeah I would love to."