Animal Magnetism

Chapter 8

I awoke in a brightly-lit room, I looked down at myself to see that I had more clothes on then I did before. I lifted up the shirt a little to see I still had my swimsuit on. I sniffed the air and had fifty different rank smells heading up my nostrils. I also noticed I was in a jail cell type thing. I felt someone nearing the cell, I knew it was Sabretooth even though he smelt different, when he arrived at the door he even looked different.

He opened up the cell door; I let out a low growl as I stood up. I tried to throw him away but only felt excruciating pain. When the pain subsided I looked up at Sabre, he smirked evilly, and I pleaded with my eyes. For a second he changed, then went back to the way he was before.

"How long have I been here?" I asked.

"A week, we had to run some tests on you and make sure you were up to par." Replied Sabretooth in a very ungrateful tone.

Before darkness took over I noticed those eyes, his eyes were different. I awoke sitting in a chair, I went to stand up but my arms and legs were shackled to it. 'If my powers weren't drained I'd be out of this in a second' I thought. I looked around the room, it was sickly white with a desk and another chair.

The door opened and my eyes darted quickly to it. the woman that walked in had a smirk on her face, she reminded me of Lady Deathstrike but I knew she was long dead. When she sat down she smirked again, how I would love to wipe that smirk off of her face. Sabretooth stood next to her as she folded her hands.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"Didn't Magneto and Xavier tell you already? I want you to help me take over the world."

"You're sick!" I replied, "I'd never help you."

"That's what Sabretooth said before I made him my little plaything." She said smiling to herself.

"Well you may have corrupted Sabre but you'll never control me."

"Seeing as your powers are weakened and I have put a serum into you that makes you feel terrible amounts of pain it looks like you have no choice."

"I may not have my powers but Xavier and Magneto will have people on their way here, and you and your sick mind will be put to a stop."

"Really? Is that what you think? Sabretooth get this animal out of my sight."

He unlocked the shackles and pulled me up by the arm. Sabretooth pretty much ripped my arm off while dragging me down the hall. His grip loosened up when we were nearing my cell, he then looked at me and his eyes were normal.

"Sam, that serum should wear off in an hour...I'll try to help, I'll tell her you need someone to guard you that way I can get you out of here." I nodded my head.

"Sabretooth...Victor, I'm going to get you out of here if it's the last thing I do." He then went back to being controlled and threw me down in the cage.

When I looked at his face I could see him trying to break free, after one last try he gave up and walked away. I sat there alone, I hoped the X Men were on their way. 'Please help me guys.' I thought to myself as I looked out the barred window. Ten minutes later I heard someone approach I turned my head around to see Sabretooth standing there.

He gave me a nod then looked straight ahead at the wall. Minuets went by and I thought nothing was going to happen, I felt that I'd be stuck here forever, that was until an explosion knocked out half of my cell wall. I jumped out of the way just in time, in front of me stood Colossus and Logan. I smiled and ran into Logan's arms and gave him the biggest hug.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Going in the other way as we speak." Logan answered, then he seen Sabretooth and glared.

"Logan don't hurt him, he's being controlled he's on our side." Logan let out a sigh, I then felt my powers come back and smiled. I opened the bars up and Logan looked confused.

"Dearest Logan I'm not finished here yet." I said with a smirk playing on my lips.

I sniffed the air to find where, well I never found out her name but I'm going to find her and get rid of her once and for all. I met up with the others who were battling it out trying to rescue a few other mutants. This is where I found her laughing her head off, as soon as she stopped I threw a machine at her.

"Now that I got your attention." I said as she was trying to get up. Kayla came over to me smiling. "Glad to see you're the same old Sam."

"I'm glad I'm the same old Sam." Just then Kayla and I were sent flying into a wall. "Oh no she didn't." I said.

"Oh yes she did Sam, I think it's time we show her who's boss."

"I agree Kayla, let's give her everything."

By the time we were finished she was laying on the floor.

"Do you think she's dead?" Asked Storm. I felt her pulse.

"Yes she is." I replied, but I still felt like something wasn't right. Logan then came over and put his arm around my shoulder.

"And I am never going to let you get away from me again."

"Promise."

"Promise."

We then headed to the X-Jet and flew off to the school. As soon as we landed I went to Xavier to ask him a question.

"Ah Sam I see you returned safely."

"Yes I did, but I have a question."

"And the answer is no Sam, it's not over, not yet at least, I have a feeling there will be one more loss in the future."

I nodded my head and walked off trying to figure out what he meant by another loss.