Status: In Progress

Mythic

Prelude

The Queen sat upon her throne, addressing the problems her citizens faced. Blue eyes scanned the smooth stone room, pillars of deep black melded into the ceiling and floor ran parallel to the walls, leaving a caged feeling to the open space. Playing a queen and a Mother wasn't an easy feat to accomplish. She looked over to she her children run through the side door the lead to the Royal quarters, closely followed by one of her most trusted guards.

"Pyros." The dark haired woman spoke, the flaming mountian of black armor stopped.

"Your Majesty, I must get the twins back to their tutor."

Attention was drawn to Vincent as he walked toward his wife, bandages could be seen under the layers of his royal robes and armor as he'd just returned from defending the city.

"Good day, my dear. Hello Pyros." Vincent greeted as he prepared to take over the day to day problems and allow his wife to rest.

Obsidian was juggling citizens, her children and now, her husband. She was being stretched thin but it was nothing that she wasn't used to.

"My King." She greeted, though he hated the title, the people looked up to him. She'd address him as such before them, no matter how he protested.

She looked to the two 7 year olds the hid behind her skirts and shooed them off. Vincent kissed his wife's cheek, then offered to handle the citizens and let her rest while the children were at their tutors. Reaching down she brushed a hand through her son's hair, the twins hair was blonde though both parents had jet black locks, she believed it was from her father, the Archangel had hair like liquid gold.

"I'll be fine, get them back to their tutors, dear." The Queen brushed off all concern about her, more worried about the state of her city, her people, and her children.

She was cut off when the candles lighting her throne room went out, the glowing of the firefly ore the crept along the walls and cieling illuminated everything in a twinkling blue light. catching the Queens attention was the figure that parted the heavy doors and crossed the smooth marble floor with no sound but the shift of fabric. The figure's hood fell, revealing a male that was the spitting image of Obsidian. Same pale skin, angular features, striking icy eyes and ebony hair.

"Brother." Her strong voice rang through the silence with malicious intent.

Vincent looked to his wife then back at her brother, shocked and confused.

"Brother? But you said you were an only child?" He had a puzzled look on his face.

"According to the ShadowMark Bloodline...I am." She narrowed her eyes and approached the unknown male.

"Half-Sister." He greeted with a bow, eyes turning not to her, but to the child peeking out from behind his father's coat.

"Vincent, Get the kids out of here." Sidi gave the order just as Dementrik struck, a fist to his sisters throat.

Vincent used his wind power to pull his wife out of the way then nodded to pull the kids to safety. The wind was enough to barely move her, the strike missing as she retaliated with her own. Bending back from the pull of her husband's power she backflipped, delivering two swift kicks to her brother's jaw.

"Your son will be mine, Obsidian." He warned before fading back into his shadows, dripping blood onto the ebony floors.

Vincent placed his children in their room and ordered guards to watch the front of the chamber, as he waited in the children's room to make sure they were fine. Obsidian growled as she straightened, turing to the citizens.

"I apologize for the trouble, I will not be able to help you today." She bowed to the citizens, whom bowed lower in respect an understanding.

Vincent made sure that nothing came close to his children.

"Please be alright, Obsidian." He worried.

Obsidian strolled down the hall, one of her advisors serving in her place. The skirts of her royal robe flared as she walked, the guards letting her pass to see her children.

"Vincent...stay close to Mercy..." She wasn't unscathed however, he managed to get a good cut to her ankle when she kicked.

Vincent nodded "Are you alright, who was that man? How was he able to get in here?"

"I'll be fine." She sat, pulling her robes off her foot and examining the roughly 7 inch long cut long the inner side of her ankle. "His name is Dementrik, he's my half brother. We share a father but that's it."

"Why did he attack us though? If he's family shouldn't we be greeting him without arms?" Vincent walked over to patch up his wife's leg and keep his children close especially Mercy since Obsidian told him to.

"He want's the throne but Kuruhn married my mother, the previous queen, after Dementrik was born to a different woman. He's not royal blood, that comes from Nyx." She explained, letting her husband tend to her, she did trust him enough to bear his children after all.

"So why the psycho power trip shouldn't he and I be literal brothers in arms?" He patches up her wound nicely since he's had practice doing patch work on himself. He sat next to his wife and pickes their children to comfort them.

"He blames me for everything, If I wasn't born then the throne would have passed to him and the ShadowMark bloodline broken."

"So why can't he accept that you are the true heir, and accept what happened from your father?" He wanted to know all about his wife's bloodline and family since he never knew about Dementrik.

"He was banished to exile, vincent. For trying to take my life as well as my father's." she spilled the true reason Dementrik hated them so much.

"He tried to kill the bloodline, and was banished. God I feel like I'm with Lord Nobunaga again." He took this information to heart.

"So what do we know about him, or should I go to chronicler to learn about him?"

"He's my brother, no one but me or my father know more about him. I told you to stay with Mercy, Dementrik has stiked a claim on him and it worries me."

"He is our child and I will lay down my life to ensure his safety. Besdies our little boy will be a great man when he grows up."

"Still I want you or someone we trust with him at all times."

Vincent bowed to one knee and put his katana in it's sheeth in front of him. "I swear as both the head general and his father I will protect our son till the day I die."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a rough draft, except there to be edits.