Status: Comments welcome

Crossing Awornus

Setting Out

In Jombel lived a princess of most high esteem. Everyone knew of princess Ellie’s impeccable manners and taste, not to mention the long blond curls atop her head that were the envy the whole kingdom. Never the less, all was not well with the princess. Ellie was nearly 18, and still, she had not found a prince. Roomer had it that her heart was covered in a beautiful ice crystal so cold only the truest, most fiery love could melt. Her father, King of Jombel, thought if only she could just find a prince, her heart would be free of ice and she could live happily ever after with her one true love. Everyone knows that a princess cannot have a happily ever after without a prince. They need someone to rescue them in case of a dragon, someone to protect them from danger, someone to go into battle shouting their name. So, Ellie’s father said, “Ellie, the time has come for you to find a prince to marry. Go forth with your lady chaperone to find a prince to bring back and marry.” The little ice princess, who had always been quite obedient, reluctantly set out to look for her prince.
Now Ellie was not opposed to love, in fact, she craved it above all else. It had just never felt right with any prince she had met while living in Jombel. It was a rather unfortunate circumstance for our lonely little princess. She was very confused, because everyone told her she was the most beautiful princess they had ever seen, and there was no shortage of snooty princesses in the nearby kingdoms Ellie had no tolerance for. As such, she figured that as a beautiful princess, love should not be this hard to come by. As she set out on her journey, our little princess questioned if love did indeed exist, and if so, was everyone lying when they spoke of her beauty? Clearly if she was truly beautiful, she would have found true love by now.