Status: Comments welcome

Crossing Awornus

Desirion

Ellie landed on the opposite shore and stepped into the land of Desirion. Something about this new land seemed exceedingly strange, but she could not put her finger on it. Instead, she proceeded with caution, making sure not to be too hasty to make any judgement. For despite what others seemed to think of her, our ice princess was not unreasonable. Her heart was covered in ice, not made of stone. Ellie merely did not have feelings towards the princes she had met. That did not mean that she lacked compassion, it merely meant she felt differently and as a princess, her feelings meant nothing to those around her.
Eventually, Ellie reached the castle and a knight escorted her to the thrown room. Only, when she entered, there was no prince to be found. Waiting for her in the thrown room was the most beautiful princess Ellie had ever seen. She wore a dress of deep green with diamonds set in the bodice. On her head, she wore a tiara made of diamond, one that was perfectly shaped to show off her perfect, diamond shaped face. Her eyes were a piercing blue, framed by the dark spirals hanging in front of her perfectly set hair. They sparkled even more in the reflection of the diamonds. 
Our princess was stunned, she had been expecting a prince, but maybe they could become best friends and find their happily ever afters together as journeying on ones own gets rather lonesome. Ellie thought it would be enchanting to travel the world with this beautiful new friend by her side. Then, it started to hit her, slowly at first, then with more certainty: she didn't need a prince to have a happily ever after. In fact, not only did Ellie have no need of a prince, she had absolutely no desire for one. If she were honest with herself, she never had. No, the only true love for Ellie would be a princess. “Maybe I can befriend this beauty of Desirion to see if we could have a happily ever after!” thought Ellie. So she spoke with the Princess of Desirion to see what would happen, and oh did they get along well. They could speak for hours on any topic and discussed far more than any prince and princess couple they had ever seen. Somehow, their newfound friendship was developing into the hope for a happily ever after Ellie and the Desirian princess shared.